Reviews for The Substance of Nightmares
borednhomealone chapter 6 . 9/21/2013
I would leave a coherent review, but I am not sure there are words to describe just how stunning this story truly is. This is a work of art. I've never read anything like it, nor am I sure I ever will.
Maxylicious chapter 5 . 4/21/2013
Gorgeous story! Second time reading this and I still can't get enough! Great work again :)
SagaDevotee chapter 6 . 4/7/2013
Incredibly well-crafted story. Dramatic, romantic, tragic and very very sexy. Beautifully done.
L.A.91 chapter 6 . 12/10/2012
loved this story :)
XxTaintedxDaggerxX chapter 6 . 7/18/2012
I Liverpool tris vulnerable and cute Carlisle you've created!
Maxylicious chapter 6 . 4/15/2012
Excellent story, absolutely loved it! another one of your works going into my faves list :)
Tlcatlady chapter 6 . 2/20/2012
Quite a well done story; thanks for sharing. TLC
meepison chapter 6 . 1/21/2012
Beautiful story! I love the way you write. The plot was excellent and I love the way you write Edward and Carlisle.

Slowly but surely I am making my way through your stories and they are all wonderful!
LetDownAgain chapter 6 . 12/26/2011
That really was breathtakingly achingly devastatingly lovely. So beautiful from the first line to the last. Plotty, hot, emotionally deep, and so clearly constructed. Well done. I thoroughly enjoyed.
LetDownAgain chapter 5 . 12/26/2011
Such clear emotion. And sadness. A lovely fight. And Marcus providing the information they needed. What was his motivation? Carlisle's rejection of Edward at the end of the scene made my chest ache.
LetDownAgain chapter 4 . 12/26/2011
Oh poor Esme. The scene with Rosalie was perfectly done. Grief fear anger shock denial. And Carlisle's grief translated into the encounter with Edward. Perfect. Everything is coming to a head. Gripping.

This I love:

Then he ran a hand over the top of Edward's head, carding pale fingers through his hair. Edward shivered and felt something tighten in the pit of his stomach.

The man pulled his hand away.

"Do it again," he found himself saying.

"Later."
LetDownAgain chapter 3 . 12/26/2011
Perhaps the best chapter yet. Such lovely detail and emotion. I love the steady unfolding of Carlisle's and Edward's relationship. That he recognizes the appeal there, the allure twined with the fear. And certainly we do often want what is forbidden. I was also particularly captivated by Edward's conversation with Alice. Lovely.
LetDownAgain chapter 2 . 12/26/2011
This is wonderfully rendered. Your writing has a lyricism to it that is both beautiful and haunting. I particularly love how you're handling Edward's mindreading. Surely if he were hearing voices he'd believe he were going crazy. Bella is perfect: her concern, fear, and compassion are clear. And I love how you've drawn the line between Edward's intrigue, attraction, and fear for Carlisle. Nothing is overdone. Their relationship is not forced or rushed, and it's tinged with a depth and complexity that I'm certain they yet to even understand.
LetDownAgain chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
This story has been on my to read list since I realized you posted; I'm embarrassed it's taken me so long to finally get to it. It's positively fascinating. I'm completely absorbed already. I love the air of mystery you've established beginning with the opening scene and Carlisle & Alice's discussion about Edward. And I'm particularly interested in what you've done with Edward's mindreading.

This line was lovely:

"Your hands are cold."

"I… I know."

Onwards.
Julia-S77 chapter 6 . 11/30/2011
So glad that Carlisle returned to Edwards room that day. I really enjoyed this story and the unusual twist of Edward still being human xx