Reviews for Standing Waves
FourteenTwelve chapter 1 . 10/6/2013
Aaawwwww! *melts into a puddle*
This is brilliant! You write all the characters very well, and I think you have Rory's voice spot-on!
Thank you for writing this!
Daze-dly chapter 1 . 4/17/2013
I love this story. I've read it about ten times straight and bits ad pieces whenever I need a fix. You are a brilliant writer. Somehow, though the timey-whimeyness was expected, it made perfect sense! That is an incredible feat! I'm going to have a look see at what other things you've written, or if you've recommended any.

I'm putting this story in my favorites. I've spent about five years on and in all that time have accumulated around 10 stories which I feel are the BEST I've ever read - trust me, it's an awesome list and spans across many fandoms. I've now added yours.

thanks so much for a fantastic read :)
Daze
Guest chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
Brain breaking and wonderful.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
Great story. I love Rory Williams, and you did a great job capturing his character and also portraying how it would have felt when time stopped.
Kina Kalamari chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
Wow. This was brilliant. Very well written.

I was not expecting Jack and Donna. That was kind of neat.

I really liked the way you portrayed the world, and how you managed to keep the wibbly-wobbly-ness going. Good job on that. Also, Rory is awesome and the detailed look inside his head was great. Very nice. :]
ennaxxor chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
This fic is amazing - I love how you approached the issue of time not existing, and how you built their relationship. All around just fantastic!
WickedForGood13 chapter 1 . 8/9/2012
This was beautiful. I love how Rory's devotion to Amy continues to stand the test of time. That's especially evident in this particular episode when he's preparing to make his final stand to protect 'Agent Pond', even though the eye-patch had already activated. I loved all the 'background' that you added to this episode, with Rory's various interactions with the other 'victims' of the time warp and his memories of a different time. I especially appreciated your mention of Donna and Jack; I love those two! All in all, an excellent job :)
Guest chapter 1 . 7/20/2012
I really like the idea that they both could sense something was off about the status of their relationship there. Having this all from his perpective is great and I love the way you've portrayed his thoughts Rory and Amy belong together in any universe.
Isolde88 chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
Brilliant.
DreamingOfStarlight chapter 1 . 6/24/2012
This fic is so brilliant. You really captured the paradox and pandemonium of "The Wedding of River Song".
timano chapter 1 . 4/15/2012
An excellent story, well-written and enjoyable, if it did follow the original plot-line a bit closely. 9 out of 10 stars.
steepedinwords chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
Brilliant.
kaiiju chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
This is amazing. Thanks for the great read!
DaughterofLuthien chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
Absolutely brilliant! I love hearing Rory's POV from this episode. He's my favorite character, and you captured his voice perfectly, from his staunch loyalty to the occasional sarcastic comment. My heart almost broke when Rory felt pain for Amy over the kidnapping of her child, but didn't that it was his child as well.

However, my favorite part by far was the ending:

"What does make sense is this: these last few moments have been about saying good-bye. It's the Doctor's moment of sacrifice, and River's choice. They haven't been herded into this by the Silence and Kovarian, facing a terrible choice and being forced against their will. It's not about thwarting the inevitable: it's about how you face it.

He gets that.

And then one last memory or dream pops into his mind: Amy, in a wedding dress. In his arms. Laughing.

Maybe that new time will be as good as this one."

I love this. In the end, he's okay with dying, with the end of everything he's ever known or remembered, because he's made the choice of own free will. And Amy's here with him, and she loves him. And that's all the matters.

Simply fantastic. A brilliant alternate POV for a brilliant episode.
Pilcrow chapter 1 . 11/3/2011
I really enjoyed this fic.