Reviews for And Number the Stars
maipigen chapter 1 . 1/9
oh wow really good and original, wish there was more!
lalala chapter 1 . 10/26/2013
Well written. Good job!
The Quote Bandit chapter 1 . 12/19/2012
Yeah, my laptop was in danger twice of being thrown across the room and smashed into the wall.
You wanna know why I hate you so much?
Everybody is in fucking character, unapologetically, fucking fuck fuck Sam's a pig-headed bastard in the beginning and just SORRY in the next, Castiel is...righteous and awkward and quiet but then blunt and unapologetic everywhere else and John is just this being of a guy designed to be everything that drives Sam up the wall and not there when he needs to be but he does love his kids somewhere in there and FUCK.
It makes the shit you do to them all the much worse.
SoloMoon chapter 1 . 10/18/2011
I love this. It's so beautiful and tragic, and the characters are just right. Kinda makes me glad that John did succeed in his plan... Although I would have loved to have had him around for a while longer. I loved the implication that John had something to do with the deaths of some of Azazel's children - it would explain his apparent willingness to kill Sam to keep him away from Azazel. Excellent story.
Emmers224 chapter 1 . 10/15/2011
Omg. This was freaking amazing. John and Sam acted exactly like i always imagined they would if Dean had died. So out of sync and and unwilling to let the other go. Very nicely done! Loved the ending!
LittleBlueNightingale chapter 1 . 10/15/2011
Ohmigoodness

i cried... cried hard. aww sammy.
Sparkiebunny chapter 1 . 10/15/2011
I do not have words to describe the beauty of this fic. In all honestly, after reading the summary in my inbox, I wasn't sure that I'd like it (didn't think I would), and with the pile of homework staring at me, didn't know if it would be wise to read this instead of doing some of that...But the moment I started (from the very first line), I was hooked and captivated and could NOT stop reading. My heart broke because of the vivid and emotionally wrenching picture you painted with your words.

Very (very very VERY) few fics have literally brought tears to my eyes. I mean, some are sad enough to make me sad, but this one...This one did even more because it made me feel the pain of the characters, the hatred, the grief, the 'at this point I don't know if I even care what happens next', and it tore me apart inside.

And the ending...the way you made John and Sam begin to knit themselves back together, even though both knew things would never be the same...God, it's SO true to life. When someone is gone, everyone else feels like nothing and no one because they're not the one you lost and you just want that person back. But despite the ripping pain in your heart, you know you can't just give up (as much as you want to), and that eventually, you'll have to find a way to move on. Even if it takes four years, like it did with Sam and John. And they did, and even though Dean isn't there anymore, they can muddle through together, at least until they're gone, too.

The intensity and emotion of this fic rivals any I've read in awhile, and I was positively blown away by it. I wish I could go on forever about it, but that homework is still staring and I can't. Just know that you have created a masterpiece, one of the best, and you are one of the most talented authors I've come across. You inspire me to be a good writer (though I'm sure I'll never be near as good as you), and that's one of the highest compliments I can pay you.

Thank you for this beautiful story.