Reviews for Flight
pen237 chapter 1 . 9/26/2013
What a great read! Thanks!
Ivory Muse chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
I'm not much of a genderswap fan, to be honest, but this is a lovely, refreshing take on A Separate Peace. Often characters stop being themselves in these kinds of fics and instead become male/female caricatures- you've managed to keep both Finny and Gene Finny and Gene, if that makes any sense at all. (The femmeslash at the end was a very pleasant not-so-surprising surprise, as was Finny living.)
Day chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
I'll be honest: I was a bit skeptical about the characters being genderbent, but this was actually a pretty good read. It was well-written, and despite having the boys as girls, it kept with their characters much better than most of the stories here at who don't flip the genders. I really enjoyed this.
writergal24 chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
Interesting. I really like it! Great job!

writergal24
sadjdapeihaois chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
creys i stanned this over on tumblr when you first posted it but NEVER ACTUALLY COMMENTED ON THE FINISHED PRODUCT.

argh. sorry bout that.

refreshingly not soul crushing and depressing ending, unlike the usual fare with these boys...GIRLS. gah i love genderswap A LOT.

the bit with finny just PROCLAIMING eugenia as gene got me so much. argh that's perfect. i love genderswap, like i said, but it can be done...pretty poorly. like where it feels like nothing is different but the pronouns, but you nail it and that bit is such a wonderful example of that.

i'm not sure if i've ever said this (probably haven't? i'm a crap commenter. i've read all your asp fic but i don't even know if i've ever commented!) but you're my favorite with them. i think you get them so much, you nail it. the tragedy of it all and the overwhelming feelings. it feels SO right by them. god it drives me insane when people are all just like 'lol asp so ghey' and just miss the entire point. but, well, you don't do that at all. you actually do the opposite.

i really love the way finny absolutely drives gene MAD with wanting. so many feelings. your gene always kills me. so conflicted but so in awe of finny at the same time.