Reviews for Between Minds
AceBlade258 chapter 10 . 4/27
I just wasted my afternoon... This is fascinating; please, please continue!
I have really enjoyed the story so far. The mixing of the two stories is fantastic and believable. I really hope you can continue this at some point, and maybe even finish it. Thanks for writing, have a good day.
Glumski chapter 10 . 3/6
This might just be the best Half-Life/Portal-story in the history of Ever. Seriously, this is solid gold. The characters are extremely life-like; Dr. Kleiner for example just sounds so incredibly much like Dr. Kleiner that I could almost hear his voice in my head. The plot is interesting and well done, and at parts it feels like playing Half-Life for the first time.
Your style of writing is beautiful, lyrical even. It's just... perfect.

There are a few errors here and there ('books' instead of 'boots' in one of the Chell chapters, maybe 6?) but nothing that disrupts the flow of reading in any kind.
And as a German that "Nein nein nein nein nein" joke made me laugh out loud.

I hope you'll post updates regularly, and big ones at that. (And if you're for some reason not a coffee consuming, chapters producing machine, I hope you'll finish this at your one time instead of abandoning this one day like so many other stories remain unfinished.) Thanks a lot for this, it really made my day!
Lizeyli chapter 10 . 1/17
This. Story. Is. Seriously. Amazing.

This crossover has been so entertaining to read! It really blew me away! You were right when you said you put a lot of work into chapter 10 and truthfully, you put a lot of work into every other previous chapter! No doubt you will continue to write great chapters! I also really like how you still represented Chell as mute. Or at least, deliberately mute. Other stories i've read have kinda ripped off the fact that she is mute and replaced it with no real explanation of why she is perfectly speaking again other than, "I felt like it." That really bugged me XD. Your writing is so amazing and thorough, it's HARD to put down! The story line, also, sounds really thought out; again, lots of effort on your part ;) I understand You haven't updated in a while but I hope you don't stop continuing this story! It really has come so far. I mean 79K words? Props to you!

Okay, okay, rant done. Awesome job and update soon! :D
SuperBigMac chapter 8 . 1/13
You've probably already had someone point this out, but I think Alyx and Barney crashed the jalopy. So went is she wondering why it's not in the garage if it was never retrieved from the crash?
FlyingOx chapter 10 . 12/30/2014
Awesome story so far!

Looks to me like you put a lot of work into each chapter. Nothing really feels redundant in description despite their lengths, and it all flows nicely. I also really like how you characterized two silent protagonists in very unique ways without letting them speak a single word (aside from Chell's cut-off dream sentence). The story ties in pretty well to their original games nicely too; I like the references to Portal 2 despite that entire story not happening here.

Each chapter's pretty long - maybe shorten them? Nothing against long chapters particularly, but it can also make it a little confusing where I left off if I have to stop mid chapter for some reason.

No complaints really - keep up the good work, and I'm looking forward to reading more!
axel100 chapter 10 . 12/23/2014
Another great update though I am curious as to what that thing in the ice tunnel was. Also its interestng how Chell first reacts with horror at Gordon's comfort level at killing the combine. She doesn't fit too well in his world at first. But then she gets to return the favor to see just how well Dr Freeman adapts to thinking with portals. One thing though. Is she just opening portals on any particular surface or is there just an abundance of conversion gel on the walls around there?
David Camton chapter 10 . 11/27/2014
Found this today and read it all in one session. Really enjoying it so far keep it up.
Dragonofelder chapter 9 . 11/10/2014
WHEN IS THE NEXT CHAPTER! Ahem... please?
Dragonofelder chapter 10 . 11/5/2014
Awesome! Really Great! Really can't wait for more!
pikachucat chapter 10 . 10/23/2014
awesome
Anon chapter 10 . 9/21/2014
Do you read homestuck? Because it does seem fairly obvious:
Twins sharing a body, exact oppisites in personality, physical differance limited to eye color?
What do you name a strider? Dave?
Barney: ride the strider like a mechanical bull.
BlackPsych chapter 10 . 8/21/2014
Finally the two mute fucks meet! Love how Chell doesn't immediately like Gordon and calls him Lambda - so charming and hilarious. I can't wait for the next chapter!
Erinu chapter 10 . 8/16/2014
this story is marvelous, please continue. I BEG OF YOU.
Shius chapter 4 . 8/16/2014
Interpretative dancing. Oh wow. The humour in this fic is spot on, and I freakin love how the story of Portal 2 is integrated (and not so integrated) into the fic. XD