Reviews for Down to the Marrow
Funnybombninja chapter 10 . 4/16
Nice. But can you continue?
Vi-Violence chapter 10 . 4/13
Very nice. (If you have any interest in video games other than portal, you should check out the kickstart going on for Bizenghast right now).
Pizzadone chapter 10 . 4/4
This is so good! Please finish it soon! :)
WHAT THE FUCK WHY IS THIS SO RANDOM XD
Wheatley chapter 10 . 2/17
Oh, we're going to the surface?
Brilliant! Excellent plan. I would have thought of that myself.
But, uh, what's Black Mesa?
I looked it up on the databases, and all it said was "Filthy product-stealers".
But. If you need anybody to hack, count me in. I'm amazing at it. Not a moron.
Aorta Heartless chapter 8 . 2/10
Oops...
I'm getting the feeling that the transfer didn't work as expected...
rushes off to find out
GLaDOS chapter 10 . 1/19
That's cute. You've brought Black Mesa just to spite me, didn't you. Oh well, we both know that whatever's left of those imbeciles after the incident they've caused has been nuked who knows how many decades ago, so I seriously doubt they would be of any help to anyone. Keep going, though; I'm really curious now of what you have in store for the lunatic.
Mystic 777 chapter 10 . 1/18
...I kinda want to hear the exploding gnomes story... XD Thanks for the update, I totally understand rl kicking you and then encasing your feet in concrete (sigh).
GLaDOS-SFC chapter 10 . 1/18
Cool, this story is not discontinued! Great job, waiting for new chapters :)
GLaDOS chapter 9 . 1/16
Well, congratulations. Not on imaginary and rather impossible transfer of my entire knowledge database and consciousness protocols into a meager human body, but actually leaving this pathetic excuse of a story on a cliffhanger without updating for more than a year. Not that I'm interested, really; I'm just mildly curious of how this might end.

Oh, I know. But I won't tell you, because then it won't be your story anymore. All I know that my version would finish with a happy end. With lots of neurotoxin and a single laminated skeleton in a lobby. Actually, make that two laminated skeletons. I'm anything if not sentimental.
Wyrm chapter 4 . 11/30/2013
You do GLaDOS dialogue really well.
ExilEden chapter 9 . 5/11/2013
In case you're still interested in the Portal fandom, I just wanted to say that I read this whole story all in one go, and I absolutely love it. I really like the slow relationship developments, the effort I see from making the character's IC, and cleverly crafted suspense you've woven into this masterpiece of a fic.

Unlike many Portal stories that I've read, this is one of the few that have me literally gripping the edge of my seat, as I feel my heart palpate inside my chest, my mind racing with scenarios of what is going to happen next. I also applaud your biological accuracy when describing Chell's conditions (lactic acid buildup, photons response to light) because I never seem to see writers who can stir in medical facts in a way that explains a certain situation better. It shows that you've either done some research, or that you're really just smart.

Thirdly, this plot itself is incredibly original, and whereas it would take your average fanfic to reach chapter 20's before the story starts to really pick up speed, it only took you 9. That shows that you can tell a great story in as little words/chapters as possible, a skill that many writers struggle with and sometimes never really master.

I think your Chell is my favorite Chell right now - mostly because she is In-character, even though we've never heard her talk in the game. But I can definitely see her behaving the way you've written her. You give her some vulnerability, some humor, some sassiness, and that tenacity that we all love about Chell. You've made her human, without overdoing her 'toughness', that so many other portal writers seem to do.

So what I want to know is, if you ever have the time to get back to me (I know your probably insanely busy bc of your job), are you planning to update sometime this summer? I trust that you won't abandon this fic, but the further the last 'updated' date is, the more anxious I become that you might've simply lost interest in the fandom, much less this fic. I know you've got your life, but I hope that you won't forget about this story - or at least, if you're not planning to update anymore, could you at least make a notice of some kind?

Also, do you have a tumblr, by any chance? Just wondering.
META chapter 6 . 3/14/2013
Will you be adding a sort of "android GLaDOS" later on?
imnotraven16 chapter 9 . 2/16/2013