Reviews for All He Wanted
jameson1155 chapter 1 . 11/24/2011
This episode made me realize that my 'happily ever after' Merlin might not ever be. I was so saddened by what happened, and you brought a wonderful insight into how Merlin viewed the joy of being called 'friend' with the despair of knowing that even with Arthur being king, he cannot know the truth about Merlin.
catgirl789 chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
Oh man. This perfectly captures what I imagine Merlin must've felt at that moment. It all went so frustratingly horribly wrong. I swear the writer's got their inspiration for this season from the Angst section on but this episode was worse than almost anything on here. It's the moment that everyone has been waiting and hoping for, but it was so much sadder than anyone could've imagined and your story captured that feeling. Good job.
MamzelleHermy chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
Oh you broke my heart a second time reading this. Greatly written one shot :D
finn1013 chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
That was beautiful. Poor Merlin, I really think he'll carry the guilt for this for a long while. :(
AislinCeivun chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
What a wonderful coda! I nearly cried my eyes out last night after the episode, and I feel the same ache in my heart after reading your ficlet. Beautiful! You captured the very essence of the episode perfectly. Thank you.

May I have your permission to translate this to my mother tongue?

(reply e-mail: aislin dot dream dot com at gmail dot com)
Niphrehdil chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
Poignant but absolutely spot-on. I loved this.

For the first time, the show reached a point where I felt physically bad for Merlin. I was frustrated because I knew how wrong it all went...and just like you put it, Merlin feels more guilty than ever.

I truly loved this. You're talented.

Niphrehdil
BagginsPotterPevensie chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
Brilliant...
Arisprite chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
Ow...

You captured Merlin's feelings (at least as I imagine they would be) very well! He's not in a very good place right now...as I've said before, I'm getting increasingly worried for his mental state.

Great work!

Ari
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 10/15/2011
Oh my god! That was so good! Amazing! Brilliant! And so sad!