Reviews for The Right Colour
Peonywinx chapter 1 . 1/1
Oh, this is beautiful! So heartbreakingly wonderful! Legolas' struggle is described so vividly, and the fletching scene was sublime. Such a simple, ordinary, non-emotional event turned into something that very nearly wrung tears from my eyes (not an easy thing to do if I am not already in the mood) - proof that touching moments do not come only from sappy emotional scenes. I love this!
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 9/6/2014
Very well written.
Mirwalker chapter 1 . 6/27/2013
I have read so many, and written my own, treatments of Legolas' experience and struggle with the sea-longing. This is a well-thought out one, well-explained; *and* handles the trickiest part well: how/why he holds against it. In-character, filling in gaps in known history, etc.

Thanks for sharing!
ForeverRainingFire chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
Great story! I really enjoyed it!
MagicMoonyx chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
This story... so beautiful 3
Aureleis chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
Beautiful.
WonderingGirl chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
WOW!

Your one shot is so beautiful, so sad, so perfect! I loved it!
ThoseWhoWander98 chapter 1 . 11/19/2011
I've written Legolas Sea-stuff before...

And let me say, you've made me feel completely inadequate. This was amazing. I am in awe. You are an artist of words! This was so moving, so touching, and it really made me feel in touch with Legolas as a character. Congrats.
nim draug chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
This was beautiful :) You've done really well in encapturing what having the sea longing would feel like :)Well done x
Itarille1 chapter 1 . 10/21/2011
Dear StarLight,

I was touched by the last part, where Legolas saw his friends and found a new strength to endure the sea longing.

I have not given much thought to Legolas and his sea longing before, so your story brings something new for me.

Thank you for writing and sharing this heart-warming story!

Itarille
timelordandhisbluebox chapter 1 . 10/20/2011
Simply beauitful...reading your fanfics are always a joy for me. I love the bond you show between Aragorn and Legolas, it makes me smile. I look forward to reading more from you. )
Legolass Q chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
What a rainbow of emotions in this story - and aptly so. :-) Legolas went through a whoe gamut of conflicts but reached the pot of gold (yet another colour!) at the end of the rainbow. Congratulations on the win, mellon nin!
Ellynn chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
This is absolutely beautiful, dear. Your story was among my favorites this month and you got one of my votes. This is so very touching. I especially like how you describe that everything lost its colour, that the world lost its meaning, and that all Legolas can see and think of is the blue of the sea.
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
I'm not a Legolas fan, but I really enjoyed this story and the way the different characters appeared. The section about Eldarion and the arrows was especially moving.
sassyfriend chapter 1 . 10/16/2011