Reviews for There is no Dana, only Zuul
orangetulips chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
GREAT JOB. I really loved how true to the characters you were - I could totally have seen this happening (and I wish it did!) I hate when so many fanfics make the characters out to be what THEY want them too, erasing any iota of what they were created with. Good job, loved it!
CarmillaD chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
You did a wonderful job here, especially because you mention many things I really think are going through Puck's mind right now, and keeping of course the humor in the perspective but giving the serious tone when needed. Indeed, looks like Quinn has lost her mind, and if it's true that Sam is coming back, I hope his kind and naïve nature can give her some help, because they were a cute couple... and she really needs it.

On the other side, your description about Puck's present feelings for Shelby was great. As a hardcore Puckleberry fan, I admit it unsettles me because

a)It isn't Puckleberry (Duh) and

b) That would be another awkward connection between them (Like the fact that they've been in a love square with the "Inns" and Shelby as Rachel's biological mother is raising Puck's daughter wasn't enough). However, I'd prefer him with Shelby than Quinn, that's for sure (And maybe if I squint I can imagine it's Puckleberry).

Oh, and liked the little Puckleberry hints here.

"And not Rachel: she just changed shampoos last week and it's green apple now. Not that it would be Rachel, since she's probably still busy trying to write Finn's college entrance essay. (And also because for whatever reason, she still thinks she's in love with Hudson, but details.)"

"For sure, hot trumps crazy, case in point: Rachel Berry, but this is something else."

"His stomach kind of clenches because McKinley being the sh*t-hole that it is, he hasn't really spread this information around. (Rachel knows, because her therapist is in the same building and sometimes they'd drive together, but that's it.)"

Nice job!
Shadowkitty22 chapter 1 . 11/14/2011
So I'll admit that I'm not a huge Ghostbusters fan but that whole bit just felt odd and out of place given the heavy topic of conversation between the two. However, I seriously hope that there's something more involved in this crappy Pelby story line than him actually falling in love with Shelby because it's just so wrong.
metaphor chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
Aw. It must be my disposition, but that A/N of yours made me so sad, because you're right, Puck will never get to say those things.

That said, I loved this, and I thank you for writing and sharing it.

Your writing of Puck is like magic. The sneaky sense of humor and the spot-on POV work wonderfully here, as always. You captured the dynamic with Quinn, and the character of Quinn herself, nicely. This particularly worked for me, in reference to both him and her: "Puck is a totally awesome name, so why does she always say it like it rhymes with 'dirt' or 'crappy baby daddy' in her head?"

Your explanation of his disposition toward Shelby felt right and believable, and I liked the strength of his emotions over Quinn's unfair accusation. I also liked how he calmed himself down when he saw her reaction, even as he made sure she understood how serious he was. I'm no Quinn fan, but you made me feel for her through Puck's eyes, actually, and in a way, I thought it was touching that he offered and left her that card. Naturally, I loved the tiny reference to Rachel.

This was good, and I wish things had gone this way in canon. Regardless, I enjoyed the insight into Puck that you demonstrated here. Again, thank you.
Seashell chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
Thank you ,thank you, thank you! For a story that (in my mind) is exactly how Glee should deal with this storyline. I just wish they would actually do this... *sigh*
KnightOwl416 chapter 1 . 10/22/2011
I really, really wish it would go this way. I'd love to see Puck be the voice of reason. I don't like this story arc because I see it going very wrong. Puck can be easily led by the girls of glee. I want him to know this is wrong and not give in to Quinn but I'm afraid the writers won't do that. My only hope is that Shelby can see through him completely. Great story!
27vampyresinhermind chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
Jeez this was perfect! When I read this the other morning, I could totally see it all playing out on screen (even though RIB are douches and would never allow anything good to come of it) but it was just so clear in my head. Quinn's idiotic sense of entitlement was spot on and Puck was so perfect. I love it when he's the voice of reason in any situation but especially when Quinn and the whole Beth situation is being addressed. I loved this entire thing (but did you expect anything else honestly) and it was amazing. They were real, it should happen, and I loved it!

Meagan (musicconsumes)
mag721 chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
very very awesome! good job on this, bb! :D
bsloths chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
It was fun to read something not shippy from you. (But of course you snuck in a little Puckleberry, how could I have expected any less?)

Thsi is a great story line for the show, but it's a little ridiculous that all of a sudden Quinn wants Beth back. She's shown herself to be increasingly unstable ever since her prom-fever-induced insanity last season, and while it's great television, it's kind of sickening to watch. It's also a little scary that Puck has turned into the RESPONSIBLE ONE.

Sorry, I guess I'm a little bitter. RIB apparently hates both Rachel and Quinn now, and tbh I'm ready to see most of the cast go. Even Rachel, because the stuff you make up for her is a million times better than canon. I think they made the right choice in making this the main characters' last season. As you admit, I really don't see Puck and Quinn having this conversation on the show either, but they so NEED to. I have a terrible feeling Puck's going to do something stupid, AGAIN, and Quinn is going to come out looking like the innocent victim or something equally nauseating.

Well anyway, you know the fic was amazing and real and in character and great. As usual, you get right in the characters' heads. Also, the Ghostbusters reference was win!
Average Everyday Sane Psycho chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
great piece
SMichelleS chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
Why, why, WHY can't it happen like this? This is exactly how things should go down, all the way to Quinn getting therapy. And as much as this wasn't Quinn-friendly, I liked that you gave Puck - and us - a moment to really pity her. Because yeah, she deserves it.

I loved your description of Puck's confused feelings towards Shelby. I am terrified (absolutely terrified) of what's coming with them, but I do recognize that it's in character for Puck to idolize her a bit and confuse his feelings. She's a hot cougar who looks remarkably like Rachel, so he's bound to find her attractive, and she's the mother of his child, which he tends to romanticize. (Honestly, that's what I always thought his feelings for Quinn were about.) In a lot of ways, he's still just a messed up kid. I liked the way you acknowledged that. But my favorite part was Puck's reaction to Quinn's saying he didn't want Beth back. The violence of his thoughts, and how he quickly backed down from that level because of her scared reaction but still wanted to make things very clear to her...powerful and amazing.

Thank you for this. I'm clinging to this story as my head-canon.
Paceismyhero chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
Good God I pray that it goes down like that. I seriously gagged when I saw the preview for the next episode in regards to the Puck/Shelby/Quinn arc and I just really, really, really hope the writers don't ruin everything with the insanity that I feel is brewing. Your take is incredible because I truly want to believe Puck is going to stand up and fight for what is right, so for now I'm going to go into the new episodes thinking THIS is exactly how it is going down (in addition to the cute unrequited Puckleberry thoughts. haha.). Awesome job!
lizzybennettdarcy chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
Ah, if only it would happen that way. I genuinely hope that the writers don't do this to Puck. They always destroy his (and rachel's) character progression when they want to further a storyline. If he helps Quinn I might actually stop watching.
Karma22 chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
I've been wanting this since the first episode of the season! AHHH, so well written and thought out! You did a fantastic job! This is totally going on my favorites list!
KittyGoddess415 chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
I laughed so hard when I saw this title, btw. Who you gonna call? ;)

I loved this because your Puck is just spot on. Teenage boy to a t, but with all these FEELINGS about this tiny wonder and all that surrounds it that he's scared to screw it up. I only hope RIB handle him this well! Thank you for this. I'm terrified of this next arc and fics like this really help. Thank you for sharing!