Reviews for The Rise of a Queen
Guest chapter 1 . 9/13/2014
Very nice read, loved it! Am I correct in my assumption of the ruby bow being the Ruby Rune bow found at the mines of Al-Aziz? I've always prioritised speed and chosen sapphire when I got to that point, but whatever works for you:)
M Wiltshire chapter 1 . 8/31/2014
As a major fan of the of the mod and the game this was a great read. I especially love the way it is set out in a historical format. I know this was posted in 2011 but I would very much love for another volume to be written and released!
Aihal chapter 1 . 7/26/2014
I love it. I think it captures the essence of the mod (that Pendor is a land of ruins and suffering, and it is the player character's job to reunite it and bring some peace and quiet to its populace) very well. Your Meredain is an honorable person who despise the game the lords of the land play and who tries to help the population, rather than just themselves. Quite like i play my chars.

I like the way you added minor details here and there to help things make more sense than what the game allows in some instances. (Like detaching parts of your army in the field and send them on errands, buying prisoners off of another Lord, King Ulric dying :P, and other such things.)

I don't know if you still care but i've written down a handful of notes while reading, i'll paste them here:

"she began an ambitious reconstruction program under her clerk Leslie (later Leslie of Ethos)" - earlier we had
Julia of Ethos..?

"while remaining encumbered by the history of petty disputes" - should be *un*encumbered..

"with a treasure trove of minutia" - should be minutiae

In Chapter VIII several directions (north/east etc) seem wrong. Valonbray is not "northeast", the fierdsvain in general are not north or east, they're in the west (north-west from Sarleon)

"and Julia reported new fewer than three trebuchets" - should probably be "no fewer than"?

Chapter XIV: sent the Clarions around towards Sarleon and then back "the road south" (back in this case has to mean Marleons, right? but Marleon is east of Sarleon)
It feels like you played with the map turned 90 to the left, Valonbray and Nal Tar pointing "up".
Dadsky chapter 1 . 5/30/2013
I like it. Its a very interesting concept and I've never seen it's like before. I just want know, are you ever going to finish this? I'd like to see where this goes. Also I hope you don't mind if I nick the writing idea. Let me know if you do.
miner249er chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
this is pretty Good its well written, This has to be the best Mount & Blade Fanfiction I've read.

and out of curiosity would you be interested in a challenge?
Derathon chapter 1 . 10/26/2011
I really did enjoy this story. There aren't all that many mount and blade stories due to how open the game is and just about every player plays it differently. This was quite interesting to read and the way it was written was quite intruiging. )