Reviews for What Happens Without Merlin
Jacqs chapter 11 . 11/14/2011
It's good! Can Merlin leave though and Arthur waits a while before going after him and asking Merlin to return? He's not sure whether he wants Merlin to stay or go, so not realising exactly how he feels until after Merlin is gone would probably be the most realistic. Plus, Merlin could then perhaps tell him he is Emrys and won't be returning because Arthur won't accept magic and Merlin will not deny himself from using his magic. It could turn out to be a real turning point for Arthur and Merlin's relationship, just the two of them, out in the open, away from Camelot and the pressures of everything, putting everything out in the open.
Pica Britanica chapter 11 . 11/14/2011
Sunshine you've done it again! This story just keeps getting even better. But all this coldness is making me want hot chocolate... I need hot chocolate. :) TTFN

Mags
DancingMagpie chapter 11 . 11/14/2011
Considering what has happened so far in your story and how much time has passed, I think that your characterisation of Arthur and Merlin is really good! I liked that brief conversation at the end - how, even though Merlin is calling Arthur 'your majesty', he still manages to maintain his authority. Your strong, powerful Merlin is just awesome! Looking forward to the next update!
Jane Mays chapter 11 . 11/14/2011
Good chapter. I hope Merlin continues with this more confident, powerful behaviour. He is after all, far more comfortable in whom he is and no longer is he Arthur’s manservant. He is someone to be respected, having earned his reputation and is far more powerful than Arthur; to a certain degree, Arthur’s power is only an illusion, a title, whereas Merlin has actual, tangible power and could topple the kingdom if he so wished and take the crown for himself. I also hope that he doesn’t continue indefinitely in this physician role for Camelot but tells Arthur that the appointment of someone else needs to happen soon. After all, surely Merlin has his own responsibilities and other patients that he’s looking after back in his home; he surely wouldn’t want to abandon them.

Perhaps Arthur should also remember that Merlin is not a citizen of his kingdom any longer (and in fact wasn’t even born in the kingdom but Cenred’s one instead) and Merlin owes him no particular loyalty of birth other than what he wishes to give freely. After all, Arthur still accused all magic of being evil etc and tried to kill Merlin (as Emrys of course) at the bridge. I wouldn’t like it if Merlin just overlooks any of that or in fact Arthur’s treatment of him in any way.
Sacred3 chapter 11 . 11/14/2011
Great update, I sure do like long ones. Not sure about characterization but they have matured and what not. But the thing i love most about this chappie was the part Merlin was standing in the snow and not feeling the cold, it was very poignant. Fab job!
TeganL74 chapter 11 . 11/13/2011
Wow, brooding and moody - I like it! Loved the description of the snow and the way it fell on Merlin's skin. And I get the real sense of sadness from Arthur at the loss of their friendship as it was. Feels very much like when Arthur went to apologise to Merlin and Gaius in 4:07 (oops, hope I haven't spoiled it for you...only a wee spoiler though...). Lots of awkwardness and uncertainty (which makes a nice contrast to Arthur's usual persona).
RainIsMyFavouriteColour chapter 11 . 11/13/2011
this was defs an intense chapter

i hope those two will resolve their problems :(
Bottled Sunshine chapter 11 . 11/13/2011
Great update. I'd love to see how Merlin intends to be a physician without magic. Not that I doubt him, of course, just that I'm curious to see what he does. Yay for those silly boys having a quasi-normal conversation!
godsdaughter77 chapter 11 . 11/13/2011
I think you are doing fine! I look forward to the next chapter!
bbb136 chapter 10 . 11/11/2011
Not to worry, it's slowed down again - OH MY GOD GAUIS btw. It happens sometimes that when you're writing your mind moves faster than the story progresses, and you only ever notice the second or third time you read it.

I've done it loads of times. _ But on the plus side I've gotten very good at quickly spotting parts I'm rushing and slowing down. ;)

As always, great chapter.
PretendingToWrite chapter 10 . 11/11/2011
Aww, poor Gaius. Or, if Dumbledore's words are too be followed, poor Merlin and Arthur.

Good job.

May the force be with you

-jedichild
Ddiwerth chapter 10 . 11/11/2011
That was so beautiful...the angst...the quiet sorrow. I really felt Merlin's pain and Arthur's stoic sympathy. Yes, I would say expertly handled (and not too OTT, either).
Sacred3 chapter 10 . 11/11/2011
This was done beautifully. So tragic and the depth of emotion amazing. Loved yet hated it for the bittersweet finality of Gaius.
MediEvil Ways chapter 10 . 11/10/2011
Perfect. Touching. Of course, most people who are dying haven't got breath to talk with, but this is magic and it works like a charm. :)
thebeautifulbicky chapter 10 . 11/10/2011
YOU... YOU... YOU KILLED GAIUS! HOW COULD YOU! But yes, it was done spectacularly well. BUT YOU STILL KILLED GAIUS!
309 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 .. Last Next »