Reviews for Blood Red Roses
Roses Of Yuushi chapter 21 . 7/30/2014
It's a shame the best stories seem to be the ones that linger on, unfinished :/ Your characterization of Rachel and her interactions with Ragna seem so natural to her character one would think they were reading the tale as it was meant to be written by the original creators of the series. I have to commend you on the way you've chosen to explore what makes these characters tick. I love how you've depicted Ragna's constant teetering between his genuine desire to protect, his feelings of isolation and the mire of vengeance, ill impulses and a constant dance with dark temptations that define his character. Even more so, Rachel's fascination with and eventual falling for Ragna was done in a gradual, believable fashion that seems true to her persona. Your writing style is really, really good and I hope you find it in you to finish this story one day :) As a fellow author, i'll be on the edge of my seat waiting for a future update. But still, an awesome effort thus far!
Fireminer chapter 21 . 5/19/2014
Very good. Why, that is great! Despite some flaws, the story greatly entertains me. Please continue it.
Fireminer chapter 3 . 5/14/2014
Ok, this is a bit weird. The Alucard is a family that transceed human. Why the heck do they need to mingle themself with the Kisaragi - Mind you, it's Seven that is the first Kisaragi - not even one of Six Heroes.

But again, this is suppose to be the key point of the story.
ColinatorGX chapter 21 . 5/27/2013
Daaaaaaamn, this story. I'm loving it. Just loving it. I think you handled character interaction, developments and exploration very well. Particularly in the chapter previous chronologically to Calamity Trigger. What I also think was pretty well handled were the fights. I think you balanced the power levels and canon outcomes with good action and pretty tasteful interpretation of how the fights themselves happened.

This story has become a new favorite of mine. Anxiously hoping for more, and keep up the great work!
LilyAceThompson17 chapter 11 . 3/26/2013
Wow, nice background about the Military Academy students. And I like the little scene between Jin and Tsubaki. Not really a big fan of them, but I like how they interact.

LilyAceThompson17 chapter 10 . 3/26/2013
Nice side story about Jin and the others. I really like it how all of them interact.

LilyAceThompson17 chapter 8 . 3/25/2013
I bet this girl is Noel Vermillion.

And I enjoyed the little Ragna/Rachel moment here.

LilyAceThompson17 chapter 7 . 3/25/2013
Now, now this keeps interesting. I like how this story went.

LilyAceThompson17 chapter 6 . 3/25/2013
Hm... different from the real one... but interesting. I like how it turned out very well.

LilyAceThompson17 chapter 5 . 3/25/2013
Oh no... I sensed Terumi is here to screw with them. But anyway, can't wait to read the next one.

LilyAceThompson17 chapter 4 . 3/25/2013
Hm... now this keeps me from reading more. It was really interesting.

LilyAceThompson17 chapter 3 . 3/25/2013
Now he meets Jin. I like how they interact. It was very interesting to read.

LilyAceThompson17 chapter 2 . 3/25/2013
Now Rachel and Ragna meet. I like how you keep their personality the same. It was very entertaining.

LilyAceThompson17 chapter 1 . 3/25/2013
This was very well-written. It was descriptive, I like it. I can really picture these scenes in my mind.

ehecatl chapter 21 . 1/3/2013
I love this fan fiction. I hope you continue working on it. It's honestly some of the best work on here. Most fan fiction done on Blazblue is just crap. They only pair one character with another and don't even try to challenge or tackle the monsterously amazing story this game has or any of its themes. You're one of the few writers brazen enough to do just that. You create a world where Ragna and Rachel got closer but one also that plays out the events of Calamity Trigger. You actually get into the head of these characters and allow us to see how their minds work or unwork. One of the most impressive aspects is how well you write Jin. Here is a man who's mind is torn in two. But few fully grasp why and how or what he thinks from moment to moment like you do. Its very easy to do Jin because of how complex the forces pulling on his mind are not to mention his own motives, but you do a splended job. You actually have me feeling sorry for him as he slashes wildly at Noel because he truly does seem like a pathetic, lost child. And I can feel so heavily for Ragna as he looks upon his brother asking himself "What happened to you..."

And then there's Hakumen. What can I say? Your introduction to him in this story plays out almost exactly like in the game, and yet you had me gripping my seat in excitement. Its been said before but you REALLY do fights well. You don't try to incorporate the "fighter gamey" elements where a fight is preceded by "Rebel 1" for some reason. You don't let it devolve into a haze a soulless punches and stabs that become dry and boring to read. No... You do the opposite. You describe moves rather than tell the audience what moves a character is using. Anyone reading can picture the fight in their mind and can automatically see exactly what their doing. And you tell it with such vivid imagery that I get lost in the excitement. You made a simple encounter Ragna had with a scientist thrilling by just describing how him tossing the man across a row of keyboards sounded like the pitter-patter of water raining down! But the fight with Hakumen was just earth-shattering. When Hakumen said his lines, I could feel the same chills going down Ragna's spine! I could feel his dread and fear. And I enjoyed all the subtle hints you provide us, as readers, to Hakumen's identity during the encounter- like how you described Hakumen's roar of anger against Kokonoe's interference sounding strangely familiar to Ragna's ear to how Jin acted when he lost an argument. It's things like this that make a fight scene! Let's face it, we don't want to read about two people throwing fists and calling out moves. We want to read how they feel during the conflict, what their thinking, what their expressions are, what they say... This is also what made Ragna's fight with Jin so heartstopping, as I stated. You watch as Jin just comes apart at the henges and feel the depth of his insanity as well as Ragna's reactions to it. This is how you write a fight scene people! Take note!

And then there's the emotional value... You actually make Ragna and Rachel's relationship feel genuine. You make me care for Jin as Ragna's brother- because he cares. The familial bound Ragna, Jin, and Noel share- most writers don't even try to tackle it completely. But you instantly draw a connection between them. This story isn't just a pairing fic. It's a story about one very screwed up family we root for and hope to see win against the odds.

My god I wish more writers were like you. Most just seem like kids writing the same tired fics over the same tired pairings; and that's not a bad thing, but I want to read drama! I want to read a story with a plot and a theme or set of themes! I want to connect with these characters, not just see A kiss B. I want to feel what they feel, think what they think, and see what they see. Otherwise, it's just a waste. Thank goodness someone gets it. I just hope you keep writing. I'd hate to see you drop out now. You put such effort and humanity into this, it'd be a crime to stop now.
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »