Reviews for The Worst Thing
Twinchester Angel chapter 1 . 10/18/2011
Oh man, I LOVED this! Lucifer is such a dirtbag, isn't he? Pooooor Sammy. It's beautiful and tragic symmetry that Dean understands completely what Sam's going through. How sadly ironic that the only person Sam would want to help him through this is literally the only person who ever could. What a horrific addition to their bond. And I truly believe that the worst thing Heaven, Hell, or anything in between could ever do to them, eternal separation is the worst. The fact that they're soulmates makes separation agonizing at not only a psychological and physical level but on a spiritual level too. There's no way for them to escape that kind of pain. This is why when either of them die the other goes completely off the deep end and does things they would NEVER do otherwise. And as much as Dean needs Sam, like the show has always stressed to us, how Dean can't make it alone, he can't make it without Sam, as much as that has been drilled into us, I believe it's even worse for Sam to be without Dean. As much as Sam protests Dean taking care of him, I believe Sam needs Dean even more than Dean needs him. I don't think Sam can survive without him, at this point. Which is why it was so shocking that he spent a year away from Dean. Which is why the revelation of him missing his soul made all the pieces fall into place. Even faced with his self that remembered Hell, just begging him to let go, Sam still said "I will not leave my brother out there alone." Sam will take the memories, the pain, the torture, and the horror, as long as he can be with Dean. So Dean isn't the only one to go to Hell for his brother. Sam took the Swan Dive for the world, but he willingly allowed Hell inside of him just for Dean. And that breaks my heart and melts it all at the same time. And yes! I also think there's a fulltime staff member at Supernatural whose one job is to read through fan fiction and see what ideas the fans have. I really honestly believe that. And why oh why can't that be my job? Haha! If only. But the fact that they had Lucifer appearing to Sam as Dean is proof of that to me. Because no matter what the show puts the boys through and with as many horrendous things fan fic writers dream up to do to those boys, none of it, absolutely nothing, is worse than separating them. It's the cruelest thing to do to them and we, the fans and the readers, can feel their anguish and emptiness and desperation when that happens. It's the biggest thing that strikes a cord with us. I believe it's what makes us so invested in them, what makes us love them so much. Their desperate visceral need for each other is something we've never seen before. In fiction or real life. And it warms our souls. Sorry for babbling on but this beautiful story brought it out of me. Lol It's all YOUR fault! Haha! Thanks so much for this. As usual, you get the brothers and what makes them tick. I loved this. *hugs*
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 10/18/2011
Wonderful story.

I love how you wrote this through Sam's POV as he told us how Dean helps him through the nightmares.

You did a great job writing awesome big brother Dean and how he is there for Sam.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.

I enjoyed reading it.
sammynanci chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
I really loved this story! :) I need so much in this season seven lot a protective Dean and hurt/angsty/traumatised Sammy(poor my baby)

Thanks for all yours storys! You are wonderfull!

Kisses :)
staceycj chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
I'm loving this season too! This was a beautiful little tag!
twomom chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
Loved it! The way you wrote Sam's fear was palpable. Losing Dean is the worst thing that could ever happen to Sam and he knows it. I really don't know how he made the decision to jump, knowing his worst fears and nightmare would become reality. Loved how you brought up that Dean is the only person he has that basically loves him unconditionally. Just a great story. Thank you.
kiwimoonelmo chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
Hiya again absolutely awesome brotherly moments.I think everyone should have a
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
Very good,well done. And that absolutely would be the worst thing to throw at either of them, not seeing their brother again.
KKBELVIS chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
Sigh...endearing and full of warmth!

My fav line:: "And no matter how bad it gets Sam, if you remember anything, or if you feel like you're slipping back there, even if you're wide awake, just talk to me about it and I'll make sure you know what's real and what isn't, O.K.?"

Season Seven is the ultimate! I am loving every word and every second and all the fic coming from it. The writers are phenomenal!

Fingers crossed for a s-8. Greedy much? Where this show is concerened...hell yes!

Thank you for the update!

Karen
Cornish Rhapsody chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
This was so moving. Using first person narrative was brilliant, because it made it very real, seeing and understanding things from Sam's perspective. Loved how Dean knew exactly what Sam was thinking. Thanks so much for sharing this!
MelanisticLeopard chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
Awwww so sappy! There's so much angsty brotherly fluff, if that makes any sense! Really neat to see it from a first person perspective!

Now that scene needs to happen on the show (it probably won't, but a girl can hope!) awesome little oneshot, thanks for posting!
Jedi Sapphire chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
Awww, Sammy! He needed some love from his big brother. *g*
scootersmom chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
fantastic story! Dean will always be there to help Sam! Thanks for your great story!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
Even better on the 2nd (and 3rd & 4th!) reading!

And: "like (Dean)can hold himself together by keeping me from falling apart..." is a great description of Dean, even better that it comes from Sammy.

(did I mention a sequel from Dean's POV would be wonderful?)

CB
ccase13 chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
Dean always produces what ever Sam needs just like he did when he and Sammy were little kids.
CeCe Away chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
Awesome brother time. Just awesome. And yes, it does appear as though the writers have been taking some clues from fanfiction and I adore them for that.
45 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3