Reviews for A Call to Arms
reader50 chapter 19 . 4/27
I loved and enjoyed reading your story. The only thing I was a little bit disappointed in was Dean not telling Cas and Sam that he wanted to make them partners and change the name of the agency to Winchester, Angelo and Winchester. Thank you for sharing.
SilverPen001 chapter 19 . 9/12/2015
Can I request a follow-up to this story. It wouldn't leave me alone! It's been tearing around in my head and I have an idea for a follow-up I wrote down for you if you can continue it.

1 year after "A Call to Arms" Castiel Angelo's Grandfather (the Admiral) hires Winchester Detective Agency to finish a case that was "closed" 16 years ago. The couple went deep undercover into a very powerful gang- the Leviathans. Their son James was born while they were undercover and lived within the gang until he was 12, when James's parents- Jonas and Claire Novak- were killed after a mystery tip-off to the Leviathan leader Dick Roman. James was MIA for nearly 2 weeks before he was found and evacuated immediately for his safety and sent to live with his grandparents- Michael and Naomi. To hide his identity, James's name was dropped to his middle name and his last name changed to his mother's maiden name. He became Castiel Angelo and his grandparents reinvented his identity to that of an upstanding, patriotic military brat. Cas meekly followed their lead in his grief until he met Dean Winchester. The rest is history. But now, Roman is walking free and is out to retake his former throne of the Underworld from the current king of rival gang the Demons- Crowley. Reluctantly, the Admiral asks Cas and the Winchesters to go undercover and sleuth for info to take down Roman for sure and Crowley as bonus.

Must be included scenes:
1) Cas flashbacks of his life with the Leviathans- such as learning to keep a secret, gun fight, stealing, parents death, 2 weeks in captivity, etc.
2) Cas introducing Dean & Sam to his grandmother at a Catholic Church (she's an avid believer and raised Cas as such- she's controlling)
3) Naomi tries to kill Dean for taking Cas away from his "true" family.
4) Cas and the Winchesters at an Angelo family dinner at the end of the story.
5) Dean unsure what to call Cas now- Cas replies firmly, "Same as always- Cas."

Crucial information for the story:
The reason Dean was able to turn Cas over to his side when they first met was because Cas was doubting the "system of justice" when they let Dick Roman walk away after just a decade in jail.
Naomi sold out her son-in-law, but her daughter was killed too on accident. She both adores and hates Cas.
SilverPen001 chapter 2 . 8/29/2015
Can you do some follow up stories for this AU? I would read the crap out of it. Some pre-story docs would be nice, but stories with the Trio intact work, too. No one writes Cas and Dean friendship fics that often, and it's nice to read a good one that is actually cheerful.
BeWhoYouAre99 chapter 19 . 8/13/2015
This is your best story. It's so so SO incredibly beautiful. It wonderfully incorporates friendship and family and loyalty and oh my god, I love the way you've written Cas! This is easily one of my favourite Supernatural fanfics. Kudos to you, you amazing person.
PhantomBowtie chapter 19 . 5/10/2015
I have to say, your stories never cease to amaze me. I might scroll through them and, say, pass over a few, thinking I would not like/understand them...and yet, when I have the new information and I come back to them, I fall in love-I laugh, I cry, and *it never fails*. Thank you so so so much!
ChucKelise chapter 19 . 12/22/2013
This story is soooo good! I'm not really one for AU but this is amazingly written! The end had me sobbing!
I also love how you captured Cas' character. He was very well written and he seemed the same, except for him not being an angel :)
Anonymous chapter 19 . 12/9/2013
This was great! Would love to see more set in this 'verse!
busigt-81 chapter 19 . 11/14/2013
I just LOVED this story!
Thanks for sharing!
Kiratt chapter 19 . 10/18/2013
This was wonderful! I loved the storyline, and your characterization of the three boys. Though slightly out of character, I also love your real-life au take on the devotion Cas has towards Dean. I enjoyed the storyline and your writing style pulls a reader in perfectly. Thanks for the lovely read!
huntersandhalos chapter 19 . 5/16/2013
I loved this! The whole universe was exciting and I liked all of the characters :) Brilliant job!
Anini mouse chapter 19 . 2/2/2013
Oh My Gosh! This was one of the best fanfics I have read. It's definately the best AU one. And that's saying something. I loved this so much and I think you portrayed the charactors amazingly. I really hope there is a sequel. In fact, my next action will be to go check you page for one. Thank you for this wonderful story, it really brightened my day. Never stop writing!
Anini mouse chapter 11 . 2/2/2013
Imagining Gabriel as an NCIS agent made me laugh for like five minutes straight! I bet he's a lot like Dinozzo, except shorter.
Anini mouse chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
I absolutly love AU's so when I found this (Entirely by accident, actually. I was narrowing the search parameter thingies and clicked on crime in stead of angst. This was the first one on top.) I was like "Oh my gosh that looks so cool!" I really like the whole premis. I loved the first chapter and I'm sure the rest of the story will be just as phenominal.

PS. Cas' last name: Priceless.
The Mysterious Shadow chapter 19 . 11/13/2012
This was an awesome and fun story to read! This has to be my favorite A/U with Dean and Cas as detectives and I been looking high and low for a story like this! Will you possibly consider to continue this story or write another AU detective (or law enforcement) story with the Winchesters and Cas? I really would like to read more!
coragyps chapter 19 . 9/7/2012
I'm not logged in bc I think I already reviewed as myself a long time ago, but I've been going back through your fics again lately and just loving them - they definitely hold up over time! Have been trying to review each one I reread, so if I sound familiar that's why :) This one is on my favorites, for good reason ... caring!Sam *and* caring!Cas? I can't get enough! I need more Cas from you. Mostly I love how you keep your hurt!Dean still the big brother - just how I like him. Anyway, thanks for sharing and great job!