Reviews for Butterflies and Bezoars
megsays chapter 1 . 2/20/2014
you are not to be pitied as the education I got is really second rate and the one you got was indulged. I think we both got spoilt if that was the connection who really cares? its the way life goes that meritocracy is the way of the system...

Plan
200 words one poem
200 for the other
Include
Quotes
Dialogue
Explanation and language definitions
There is political justification reference the media.
Conclusion and summary.
The poems listen Mr. Oxford don and no rights red and half dead are both poetry that are British staples. Because neither poem is as it first appears to be a defensive message to both. The poetry is an opinion and does therefore have personal bias from that perspective and there is good reason to say that the poetry is written with a popular narrative and so has a cliché universal quality to both. Mr oxford don quotes of ‘a man on de run…. Is a dangerous one’ he is better off than many and using position to brag.

Mr oxford Don uses colloquial slang or narrative that is the accent of the man who is speaking and is clever through use of rhyme that carries the tone of his accent the poem stresses the man’s innocence by using shrewd language that emphasised the fact that he is educated “mugging the queen’s English is the story of my life” is expression of the differences of perception that he is dangerous and the truth he is using punchy narrative to show he is an educated man not a common criminal who by all standards are usually less than clever. He is showing he is educated and talented by using ‘syntax ‘hammer’ ‘grammar’ English suffixes and show that he is both respectful and confident but it is clever as it gives an element of understanding and appreciation that sounds threatening.
The word mugging means revise this sense last used by the older generation which evokes sympathy rather than distrust and distaste on the part of the reader. The use of a backslash breaks up the rhythms of the man’s come in and this shows the intended pause or dramatic effect and to be punchy in the poem and the rate of pentameter is fast going out like a breath punchy and forgettable.
This man has self-belief “I’m a wanted man” shows pride and contrasts with the other poem where the voice is a witness in passing who is ignorant. ‘tekkin it quiet’ and ‘inciting rhyme to riot’ he is arguing against the pre-judgement of him being a trouble maker and is fighting a social stereotype that is carried by all people. “It is better to be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.” This theme runs in every verse in repetition every stanza he is asserting his argument is right just because he is educated and being cocky the poem has no substance.
No rights red and half dead comments on middle class bystander the ‘hope they whip his hide’ being the public backlash of the middle classes to crime and the fact that criminals are seen as scum and approval of Police and this expresses that message well as it shows everyone’s change of heart when you encounter the police to being detached from involvement with a crime.
The main contrast is the social difference of people from educated backgrounds. The word politrick is used to play a trick on the reader’s conscience and you think politics and trick sympathising with the man who has got arrested and showing concern. Slang is used in both poems and they show the appreciation of the spoken word using syntax in one and in the other with abbreviations of speech this is common in British culture. Short sentences give the message and makes it punchier with the rhyme scheme being strong.
The second is a polemic No rights red and half dead and this means that both it is a common view and it portrays the old view that contrasted education and life is unequal and always will be.
In conclusion the people writing these pieces are both of a mixed race or African descent and they could be said to be speaking to argue for the message is clearly that they are disagreeing with the political culture of Great Britain and social norms the poem seems patriotic.
Task 2
I don’t believe I have learned much improvement from my tutor or come on too far in my English skills.
A weakness in my leaning skills is that I do not go over the same point in too much detail and that I have a tendency toward repetition of points and the same thing being recorded more than once means that I wasted space where I could have elaborated on something else or made a different example additionally.
In the future I think I could learn to think more on the deeper meanings of quotes an and the way that there is a set allowance for there to be limited but specific thought and I think I need to look at the work from other perspectives than my initial reaction like socio-political thinking.
either way I think they have done their job.
school is shit.
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 5/31/2013
i AGREE with SwallowB's review.
Also: This is a nice fanfic. disturbing.
RavenEcho chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
Intense! I like it. :)
Harmonic Friction chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
Very interesting. Cho does mean butterfly in Japanese, and Chang is a Chinese surname- all of which I am sure you knew, though I admit I found Blaise's thoughts of "She could be Chinese/Japanese/Korean" very amusing when many readers questioned J.K. Rowling's mixture of languages to build her name. The ending was quite beautiful (and sinister). Very nice character study.
Swallow B chapter 1 . 10/21/2011
The ruthlessness of your portraits of Blaise helps me understand him better. No oversimplification. The boy is a product of the environment in which he grew up, as show the skills he he has developed: an understanding for others' weaknesses and talent for being invisible (Harry Potter hardly ever notices him). He has a strong appreciation of beauty, but the only way he knows to relate to it is by destroying it. Blaise is actually the most dangerous of the Slytherins.

It's rather frightening to see Cho's innocent oblivion. She would be much better off if she knew how to be invisible herself.
Vera Rozalsky chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
Up to this point, your Blaise was edgy... but now he's over the edge, scary, toying with ideas that make the blood run cold. That they come so easily to him is a tribute to a truly twisted upbringing.

Excellent, chilling work as always.
Inkfire chapter 1 . 10/18/2011
This was a really beautiful piece, and quite chilling! I really love your Blaise here, so twisted...
LAHH chapter 1 . 10/18/2011
Sad but amazing one shot. THanks for writing. x
BittersweetWhispers1 chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
Wow, that was creepy. The callous way he thought about sacrificing a house elf just so he could watch her suffer, was disturbing. I liked it. A lot.