Reviews for Undefinably Odd
Guest chapter 1 . 9/5/2013
This reminds me too much of 12 year old me. My first (and frankly only) crush was driving me crazy for the short while it lasted. It's really realistically written! I can't help but think the protagonist to be Harry, but I have always loved Harry POV and Harry-centric stories.
cethmistmyk chapter 1 . 4/15/2013
hmmm... I like it, and I'm not sure who's taking and who "he" is... This being Harry Potter fanfiction I thought Harry was the "I" but then you mentioned "he" and I'm not sure if your Harry is gay or not, so then I thought Hermione, but then I couldn't figure out who the "he" was, the hair was a clue, so I thought Malfoy, but then again, I don't know! It could be a minor character for all I know! :-D
PS This could be anyone, either in fanfiction or real life, so you did a good job either way!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
This is brilliant. It's like you're in my head-I can relate almost perfectly to this entire train of thought, and I so appreciate this take on fanfiction. Asexual but not aromantic, perhaps? Regardless, wonderfully written.
Anette chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
I think your story is amazing. I loved the part that you did not specify a character as a protagonist because this way the reader relate to it better and even decide by them self what character this might be:)
The Disappearing Me chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
Really great, really insightful - great job!
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
Interesting... Nice stuff.
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
Oddly enough, my mind completely went CharlieDraco here, with it being written from Charlie's POV. (I'm blaming you and my muse for too much CharlieDraco)

"myself that that exists when it doesn't" - I don't think you need the second "that", because I tried reading it with two "that"s, it just didn't sound right.

"And if I can't convince myself, I wonder how I'm fooling anyone else, but they don't ask so I don't tell, and we go on our merry ways, and I'm still strange, and I'm still odd, and I'm still out of the ordinary, but I'm elusive, and they can't label me" - I feel like this sentence became a run-on sentence. Maybe a period or a semi-colon would help that.

But this is definitely not something I was knowledgable about, but it was a fanastic read.

My favorite bit was the last paragraph for sure. And I think that's why I thought of Charlie. I don't know.

Overall, it's lovely, darling!
Radical.2 chapter 1 . 3/21/2012
This is really beautifully done! :)
Toshiko Sato chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
This was fantastic, and really easy to relate to. I've never read anything that I could identify with so completely. I like that you kept the characters ambiguous. Thank you for writing.
A.J. Horn chapter 1 . 12/23/2011
I love how it's first person, but we don't know who it is nor who that person think about. It allowed me to really get into the character as I read. A lovely piece.

Keep writing.

dee87 chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
this is great! i loved it! sooo much! its awesome! i was thinking of myself the whole time...:P this is just like me when im near that guy.. :D ohmygod its just so awesome! and the writing! you have a natural talent for it! its amazing and you should continue it!

Little-Hufflepuff chapter 1 . 11/22/2011
Thank you for writing this! I can never explain how I feel, being asexual myself it's difficult to put my emotions into words. But this little bit of writing made me smile, it rings true. I experience the butterflies and wanting, but I don't want all of the relationship, I just want to closeness...GAH, see? I'm terrible at explaining myself, haha. This was a nice read :)

x x x
ReillyJade chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
This story caught my attention because you didn't have any specific characters listed – that's how I knew I just had to check it out. I'm so glad I did! The fact that you left your protagonist nameless makes the story seem that much more true to the subject matter. Asexuality does often seem to be forgotten and ignored – some people don't even believe it's real – and, in a sense, your character him/herself seems rather forgotten and ignored. They seem like they've intentionally hid themselves in the shadows while they attempt to figure out this strange, seemingly abnormal batch of emotions they're facing. This was an extremely powerful piece. Well done!

{And since you asked, the person who kept jumping into my head during this story was Susan Bones for some reason. She's rather ignored throughout the series, but the few times she's there, she's always so shy and nervous. I've always gotten the feeling that she has a thing for Harry, and that's who I kinda pictured as the boy at the beginning of your story.}
145796213 chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
This story is amazing. I love that both parties are left unnamed.
Mr Bellatrix Lestrange chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
I think this is really good, definitely different, but good. It's a lot of the real life stuff we go through every day, the whole, "I don't know what I want," or "am I normal? How do people see me?" It's real life struggles. I got the asexual part through not wanting to be labeled, in ANY sense really. I can see to an extent how that would make them nuetral and all, but do they actually like the person, or not?

Very good description. :)