Reviews for Without Her

I enjoyed it
Lemonysh chapter 1 . 11/6/2011
simply lovely and sweet!
Faith-o-saurus chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
Very nice story, I enjoyed it a lot. You just have to love Robin ;)
Star of Airdrie chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
Thank you for entering our contest - again!

This is outstanding, I really enjoyed it. Wonderful use of first person, Robin is in character as is Starfire and you've handled her well within the construct of Robin's first person POV, no small feat.

Very romantic after all the self-aware angst in living color.

I'd love to know where they go from here.

Masterfully done.
Kryalla Orchid chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
Excuse me while I go melt in a puddle of goo someplace for a while.

...

You know, first person, present tense is extremely hard (for me anyway, I looothe present tense) and you pulled it off remarkably well. It suits the tone of the piece and enchances the mood in ways I cannot describe. It starts off so very sombre and sad and I felt like crying in the middle, that's how well it was written, and then uplifted when Robin's mood did. You can feel his emotions so very clearly, well done in portraying that.

I loved that Starfire had no dialogue in this. She really didn't need any, her expressions, noises and reactions to things suited everything perfectly.

Of course, the BB/Rae shipper in me did a little happy dance at the implication embedded in the story too. Poor BB, you so know Raven's all smug over that.

You have an amazing talent, you really do. You must share more with us.

Cheers

Kry
SwampBandit chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
The angst is perfect. The anguish in Robin's monologue states volumes. Good characterizations on both Robin and Starfire. The comfort and resolution are beautiful. Thanks for the story.