Reviews for To Blossom As the Rose
Ardwynna Morrigu chapter 5 . 6/15/2014
This is quite the charming AU you made here. You captured the era in a way that reminds me of shows like Paradise and Dr. Quinn, before the networks insisted that everything be gritty and covered in filth. Realism's good, but the fantasy version is fun too.
Beloved Daughter chapter 5 . 3/19/2013
Interesting story so far! :) I particularly loved your portrayal of Aerith. Please update again soon!
Argen-Lobo-Ridder chapter 5 . 4/24/2012
uh-oh trouble has come!
littlemsstrawberry chapter 5 . 4/21/2012
love it as usual. i seemed to be waiting for this for years though
ScribeOfRED chapter 5 . 4/21/2012
And Genesis makes his appearance! I admit, I'm thoroughly intrigued as to why Genesis is heading to Edge... Now I can barely wait until the next chapter.

Also fascinating is how spunky Aerith is in this chapter, and the fact that she doesn't care what the townsfolk may think of her and Sephiroth. I definitely respect her for that.

And Sephiroth... He seems cold, but not inhuman. I can't seem to get a good reading off of him, and I definitely don't know what's going to happen next, nor who the villain will end up being.

May I also say that your voice is excellent, and your word choice is delightful - it definitely feels as though I'm stepping back in time. This particular line had me in fits of laughter:

"Oh dear," she fretted to the empty room. "Now I've gone and made a terrible ninny of myself."

You've made me realize just how much I'd forgotten I love westerns.

Well done; you have me desperate for the next chapter.

RED~Head
findthetiger129 chapter 5 . 4/21/2012
Hmm... I think I might know who that stranger is...

This is very unique. I don't read a lot of westerns, but I'm certainly not averse to one that's well written. Definitely going to my story alerts.

I look forward to seeing where you go with the story, so keep it up.
ScribeOfRED chapter 4 . 1/15/2012
I just wanted to say that I've been following this story since the first chapter, and I am thoroughly enjoying it. As I have no knowledge of the movie Two-Gun Lady, this story is completely new to me, and I'm excited to see where it's going to go. Your writing is vibrant and full of life, and gorgeously easy to read, which makes the story that much better.

My only quibble is that Aerith and everyone (save Sephiroth) that she comes into contact with are always smiling and laughing. I know Aerith as a character is an extremely happy person, and her joy always seems to spread to others, but it almost feels like she's *too* happy, to the point of unrealistic. Maybe that's just me, though.

And I must agree with CSKazaam - the way you describe Sephiroth's voice... I can practically feel the vibrations of his words in my chest. Beautifully written.

Eagerly awaiting the next chapter,

RED~Head
CSKazaam chapter 4 . 1/15/2012
Yay! I've been waiting for this one. X3

I like the beginning scene with Aerith seeming to exist in two worlds. I think she might get a lot of that, or at least find things that remind her of her mother. It's so bittersweet, her starting a new life here!

Ooh, I totally caught the hint about her other performances. I'm looking forward to hearing more about them!

That was fun to see Loveless coming to town, coupled with the introduction of the Two-Gun Lady characters. Kate's story sounds so awful and tragic! I'm guessing that was part of the plot of Two-Gun Lady? It sounds intense!

As soon as Aerith ran into someone, I knew who it was! Gosh, I was totally squeeing about their meeting, I've been so looking forward to it! **dances.** Hearing how deep and rich Sephiroth's voice is makes me wish I'd be the one to bump into him. **refrains from dreamily sighing.** XD

Aw, typical Seph - awkward at the initial confrontation, and then impatiently wanting to be on his way. Gotta love him. Ha, I love Aerith's response about having a sign announcing her, and then declaring him rude. LOL. The image of her with her hands on her hips, circling him, is wonderful! Actually, I could totally see such a scene in one of those Civil War-ish calendars. Somebody needs to paint it!

But, awww, poor Aerith. I can see why she'd be so upset at the reminder of Zack. Though it's also sad to find out that she almost seems to be running from her past, too, in coming all the way out here. ...I'm totally believing that Zack had a hand in bringing them together, though!

I find it cute that Zack had spoken so highly of Seph in his letters. It really makes me wonder what their relationship was like in this timeline. And I had to snicker at Seph wondering what on earth Zack had written about him to send Aerith running away. Amusing that Zack is somehow exasperating to him, even when he's not there!

I liked the meeting between Seph and Harper again, with Harper indicating quite clearly that he's keeping tabs on everything Seph does.

Ooh, that's an interesting theory about Genesis! Though it again leaves me wondering if it's just more paranoia, or if there's a real basis to it. Genesis would totally show up if he were there... and the thought of him having planned something horrible for the army or townspeople is definitely ominous. I think I'm looking forward to the play, just to find out what (if anything) actually happens!

Oh, that's interesting that it was Angeal who went missing long before Genesis. Dang, now I'm even more intrigued by their story! Was that why Genesis went missing too, or was there something else behind it? I'm really looking forward to finding out more!

I'm also looking forward to Aerith's and Seph's next meeting. X3

Great chapter!
Erin Deadwood chapter 4 . 1/15/2012
Thank you for another well-written chapter, I can't wait to see how it continues :)
littlemsstrawberry chapter 3 . 12/30/2011
update update! love it!
CSKazaam chapter 3 . 11/25/2011
I knew it! I thought the soldier Aerith was in love with would be Zack. But it's so sad that she's so alone now! Both her parents, and now Zack... she must be very strong to keep going as well as she is, especially with the other soldiers reminding her of him. I love that they were going to be married, though that makes it even more tragic. I really love the end of the first scene, too, with Aerith looking over her journal in the lamplight. I can picture it so clearly, with the photographs and letters, and I'll bet that the ribbon is the one Zack gave her.

I like how it's still rather up in the air whether Seph is just paranoid, or whether the secret faction really exists. It really does make you wonder whether he's as sane as he seems to be. It makes me wonder what Lt Epsen thinks of him. (I kinda envy his job, actually. XD It would be too cool to work with Sephiroth!)

Ooh, I'm really looking forward to when Aerith and Sephiroth finally meet! He can't help but search her out now. And that little flashback was cute!

And, ooh, that memory of Genesis was definitely intriguing. Now I'm really wondering what it was that he ended up doing! I can't imagine that Seph went along with whatever he did, but it makes me wonder how much he was swayed by Genesis.

Definitely looking forward to more!
xandria356 chapter 3 . 11/25/2011
Thanks for the update! This is a well written chapter, as usual. :-) I can't wait to see what lies ahead! Excellent work!
OneThousandCuts chapter 3 . 11/24/2011
I love the heaviness of this chapter. You captured how Aerith copes with grief quite well; very positive and ultra-functional without denying the need to be sad.

Sephiroth is wonderfully portrayed; ever monitoring his environment and those in it, planning and missing not a beat, yet stricken with so many post-traumatic demons.

Considering the commonality of death and hardship in the old west and the Civil War era, both of their personalities fit in this AU beautifully.

I'm eager to see what comes next.
Erin Deadwood chapter 1 . 11/24/2011
I love western movies XD and these two characthers as well, its an intresting setup you made :)
Solaris-Whitefish chapter 2 . 11/19/2011
\! I LOVE THIS AND IT'S ONLY ON IT'S SECOND CHAPTER! PLEASE UPDATE SSOOOOONN!