Reviews for Shadows of Konoha
Sakura and Kiba? Wtf
CapriSunnyD chapter 1 . 5/13
I have low expectations when a Naruto story is recommended to me, even more so when it is supposed to be 'realistically dark', but I actually got my hopes up when I read a few reviews.

Around the halfway mark I was once again reminded that Naruto readers standards are about as low as you can get.
Holy shit. What a roller coaster of a story. Absolutely fantastic - wished you didn’t kill Anko and Mei off thought.
No way did you just kill Mei. No. Fucking. Way.
Amazing chapter!
Awesome job with the chapter!
Wonderful chapter!
Great job with the chapter!
CookieMonsta1233 chapter 30 . 1/30
Honestly this story is a masterpiece. The characters are real. They are not cartoons where the main character shouts his beliefs about friendship. Instead he is an assassin and soldier - and he reflects that.
I find it very amusing and impressive that the guy who was eating people at the beginning of the story is now one of the most stable individuals. I miss Sai.
ExBlazE chapter 44 . 1/21
This is a wonderfully uncensored masterpiece of a story. I usually don't like too dark stories but this... this was something else. Took me three days to read the entirety of this in one go. Re-read certain parts for the sentiment or awesomeness they provided.

I have truly never come across a story so brutally realistic as this. True, Naruto was kind of OOC and obsessive with 'some things/people', but that distinguished itself from the canon universe.

You know, I felt kind of bad when I typed this review because I totally forgot to type reviews for the earlier due to my thought process at the time being 'nextnextnextchapternextchapternextnext'.

If any reader actually reads this review, know that this story becomes more awesome the more you read it. The beginning chapters are a bit slow and can annoying for some readers but it will be worth it when you reach the end.

Hats off to you, Amora Journeys. You've turned a mere fanfic into a work of art. Give my regards to your beta if you had any.
Vaanarash chapter 44 . 12/22/2017
Where to begin... The first time I tried to read this fic was back in 2012 and I couldn't get past the war hero who's only killed one person. For whatever reason, I stumbled across this fic again 3 days ago and have now finished it. Once past the war hero part, I found a surprisingly good story that didn't just touch on the harsh realities of a ninja world/war, but dived in headlong and never backed off. There wasn't a single fairy tale ending in this entire fic, filled with pointless cruelties and deaths that ultimately accomplished nothing. Just like the real world.

I hated the characters as often as I loved them, whether it was Ino's casual violation of everyone she came across or Chouji's blatant disregard of the suffering of the people he's sworn to protect in favor of the money his clan makes off of them and particularly Naruto and his hypocrisies and obsession with Hinata that I kept hoping he'd finally let go of only to see him drawn right back in, despite the pain and heartache he had to know was coming.

You accomplished something I've seen very rarely. You made your characters human. They make mistakes, they do stupid things, they do horrible things, they hurt themselves and others.

This has been a great fic to read, and I'm looking forward to seeing if the sequel matches up or surpasses this one.

Peace, Vaan.
fire-lily-fox chapter 44 . 12/9/2017
I had trouble reading some of this but that was only cause I had to actually think about some things in this story. It was very brutally truthful on several things that have actually happened in real life. Wars are cruel and this piece of work that you have done shows that very well. Thank you for writing this and sharing it with us
Mariusz1988 chapter 44 . 11/7/2017
Wow, real masterpiece, i bow before a true geniuse.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/4/2017