Reviews for Tricks and Treats: The 2011 Halloween Collection
Thisisfunwhattooksolong chapter 13 . 2/19/2013
Ok, I've finally caught up. I can't give an in depth review, as that would take a lot of time, and be longer than most stories (not to mention I've already forgotten some of the early ones).

It was a good variety, I was impressed by the sheer number of disasters that the authors managed to come up with. The sign of a fandom in its days of glory.

Wow, I am useless at reviews.

Sadly it seems there are no more 2012 ones added. Oh, well, I'll just have to work through your other collections, at this rate that should keep me going until Christmas...
Snapplelinz chapter 13 . 11/24/2011
Brilliant story, Silverturtle :D You really do write exceedingly well for the Emma/Bailey pairing. I've said the same thing about your writing for Jessica/Bailey - I think Bailey's the glue that holds it all together ;D

But back to the story. Great recalling of your story in last year's collection, very action-packed and filled with loads of tragedy. I had a feeling that you were laying the ground work for a possible romance between Bailey and Emma in the future, particularly when Emma became her confidante after the tragedy.

I can't blame London for not wanting to go to Egypt, I thought you were going to lull us readers into another epic thriller/horror. But I enjoyed the twists in this one, with Emma revealing her true identity as an Egyptian goddess (I think Erin Cardillo can pull it off, hee hee) and Bailey's close encounter with the massive cat that gave her her cat-like agility and abilities (very cool).

I like how Emma and Bailey parted ways with the promise of Bailey joining Emma one day with Mr. Whiskers to train her (who would've thunk?). Loved the ending with the pending battle looming over them and Bailey and Emma finally realising their growing passion for each other.

Epic as always and left me wanting me more. Major props :D
Snapplelinz chapter 12 . 11/24/2011
Awesome story, Lody :D I remember Nick from your Halloween story 2 years ago, great way to bring him in a second story. Normally, the idea of taking a vampire lover doesn't appeal to me at all. But there's just something so irresistable about Nick and the fact that he genuinely loves Carey - he reminds me of Stefan Salvatore *sighs dreamily*

Uh, anyway...you explored Cody and Zack's mutual reactions well, it was definitely in character. I think it's great that Zack was the first one to come around out of the two (makes perfect sense). Great humanistic angle when Zack started talking to Cody about their deceased grandfather. The only thing that would make this more perfect is if the twins decided to become vampires so they could all be together forever. Awesomeness to the max, major props for this :D
Snapplelinz chapter 11 . 11/24/2011
Wonderful story, James :D Very heart-felt, I really sympathised with Zack's plight in grieving over Maya's death. Very cool that Arwin actually built a machine (so very Ghostbusters, hee hee) that can unite the living with the dead. I'm glad that Zack took the risk and had one final moment of closure with Maya. It's so sad that she had to die, but amazing that she ended up saving the life of a child who would go on to do great things. Great life-lessons about letting go and moving on here, major props, bro :D
woundedhearts chapter 13 . 11/23/2011
Its great that Emma went back to Egypt. A goddess, interesting. Anyway great story! :)
Wyntirsno chapter 13 . 11/19/2011
This was great ST. I missed the first part of it and am going back to last years collection to find it. I wasn't sure which three boys died for sure, although I have a good idea.

I like Emma finding her way home to Egypt and retaking her place as a Goddess. I like your explanation for her to have so many cats, much better than being a crazy cat lady. Very interesting story. :)
Wyntirsno chapter 12 . 11/15/2011
That was great Lody. I agree with Zack, never sick, never grow old, and never dying are the very best reasons to become a vampire. I'm surprised he didn't want to become one. lol

I loved the show Forever Knight. I wish it would have lasted longer. It was highly under appreciated. I loved your story, can't wait to see more from you. :)
Boris Yeltsin chapter 13 . 11/12/2011
Creepy, in a good way.
woundedhearts chapter 9 . 11/11/2011
Aww what a great story. Janice is quite clever. I'm glad Jessica and Bailey got together. Good idea to base this on the kiss. :)
woundedhearts chapter 10 . 11/11/2011
Okay i'm officially freaked out. That teddy bear was creepy and if i have nightmares tonight i'm sending you a PM - LOL! :)

Man you are amazing this story had the best blend of horror and comdey i have ever seen. Woody at the end was awesome. The pretend killings in the building the psycho with the axe coming out of the glass case. I hate to say it, but i if were part of the gang i would hope Woody knew how to swim. Because he'd be jumping overboard before i was through with him.

Simply fantastic! :)
woundedhearts chapter 11 . 11/11/2011
Amazing story from start to finish. I've always imagined heaven to be a wonderful place where we catch up with people we've lost in life. This reminds me of that belief. Zack going behind Arwin's back was a clever idea. One last goodbye. Perfect. Great job! :)
woundedhearts chapter 12 . 11/11/2011
Is this the same Nick that you wrote about in the first collection? It doesn't really matter am just curious. As to the story. It was a great oneshot but i have to wonder if the twins would really be that easily convinced. If you think about it, Carey will be alive for centuries seeing her love ones die as well. Including the twins. So wouldn't it make more sense to turn the twins into vampires also? That way they can all live very long lives.
SilverTurtle chapter 12 . 11/10/2011
I really liked this one. Zack and Cody gaining their independence and becoming men and maturing in a really obvious way was great to see. I LOVE that Carey found love, that he's a supernatural creature is just a bonus. I liked the moment where he's biting her and she wants more and he refuses because he cares so much for her that he doesn't want to hurt her. It was odd but good that Zack was actually the voice of reason here. I really liked that Zack just wanted her to be happy and that Cody was arguing about it until Zack pulled out the picture of their grandfather and really twisted the emotional knife (in Cody and myself). Cody arguing for the sake of it after that felt like pitch perfect SLOZAC Cody and it was great. I also like the idea of Carey sticking around for a few centuries being happily in love and ever gorgeous. Very nice.
Boris Yeltsin chapter 12 . 11/10/2011
Sucks, LOL, I get the joke.
Wyntirsno chapter 11 . 11/9/2011
That was really good James... scared me at first, I wasn't sure he was going to come back.

Nice that he got his closure, even though he took an awfully big risk in doing so. It is always interesting to wonder what heaven might be like.