Reviews for No Better Distraction
iowa-tarheel chapter 1 . 4/18
Though it bagan somewhat sad, it turned into a delightful fluffy fun story.
Inferius1957 chapter 1 . 1/23/2014
Aw what a sweet lil flick.
I'll store it away in my Zombie proof vault.
Well done by the way.

]-)
Rosawyn chapter 1 . 3/30/2012
I don't ship Harry/Hannah, and I don't even really know that much about Hannah. But I still enjoyed this story. I enjoyed seeing Harry flounder a bit, meaning well, but not quite getting it "right" (which seemed very believable and in character), and I also enjoyed seeing Hannah understanding and seeing though Harry's bumbling to realize that he does mean well and is trying to help.

More than anything else, I appreciated the *friendliness* in this story, because I believe that every good romantic relationship needs to be built on a strong foundation of friendship, so having Harry decide against being overtly romantic was awesome. :) Of course, it ended in romance, but it could have easily no gone that way, and still been a good story. Though the romance came quite naturally and didn't feel forced at all.
Drac-frst chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
Not bad at all. There are a number of explanatory details that might make the story a bit more engaging, but that's only if you do them right. What you've got as it is, is short and direct, but everything that's there is pretty solid. I must admit I'm curious as to A) what happened with Ginny, and B) where those two are going to be in a couple months/year.
Dallas88 chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
I love this pairing, good job.
apAidan chapter 1 . 11/17/2011
It's cute and sweet. and I'm not much of a hannah / harry person but this is really nice.

the whole thing was very in keeping with the characters and just really nice.

very enjoyable.

apAidan
jericho chapter 1 . 11/16/2011
good setting and pace, it definitely has potential beyond a one shot.
Penseln chapter 1 . 10/26/2011
Not a common pairing but i liked it and it was rather nice if somewhat short moment. I didnt really get a grip of the large picture but it was enjoyable anyway.
WHCnelson chapter 1 . 10/24/2011
An interesting story... fairly well done
Wendy Brune chapter 1 . 10/20/2011
Awh! This was my first Harry/Hannah, and I really enjoyed it! Overall it was rather cute and sweet, and it made me smile. You're obviously an excellent writer, so I had very little critiques on that end, as well.

My favorite thing about this piece was your characterization of Hannah. You made her a strong female character who could still have real emotions; that was refreshing. I feel like you see so often - in fan fiction and even out - female characters who, when emotional, are simply weepy and useless. Hannah was funny, and I cold still see her personality through the pain. It was a believable and well pulled-off characterization for a character we aren't given a ton of information on in canon.

I also loved loved loved the ending. It was one of those sweet little moments that gave me a warm feeling inside. A bit fluffy, but in a wonderful way. Honestly, it was the kind of interaction that I wish would happen to me, and if you have your readers trying to put themselves in your character's shoes, that's a pretty big accomplishment!

One of the few things I could critique about this story (and trust me, there are very few things to critique in this story) is that I personally had a hard time believing Harry's characterization. I don't know if that's entirely your fault, or just my construction of canon. He was pretty suave and flirty in this piece, which didn't necessarily mesh with my picture of Harry Potter. To be fair, that's probably because we only ever see Harry as a teenager, and teenagers in general are bumbling idiots when it comes to the opposite sex. As I write this, I suppose this is less of a critique than a general comment. Harry seemed a little out of character to me, but only a little. I think you wrote him extraordinary well, but I just felt a little bit unsure. (Confusing paragraph is confusing!)

As a random side note, it seemed like you were using Britsh English (what with "ageing" versus "aging"), which was a really nice touch. If I remember correctly, you are American, yes? If so, that shows an extremely good grasp of language - which to be fair, I already know you have - to be able to adopt the written style of canon. I was impressed. Of course you didn't really have any grammatical or spelling mistakes, though I did notice one itsy bitsy typo. "...ushering over Tom and ordering something Hannah could quite make out, despite her efforts to hear Harry's whisperings more clearly." The context of this sentence leads me to believe it should be "...something Hannah couldn't quite make out..." Nothing major, just a little typo!

Overall I really enjoyed this story. It was a nice little snapshot of a beginning of a relationship, and I think you pulled it off rather well. Hannah was amazing, and I'd love to see more of her from you. Even as I write this review, I keep flip-flopping on Harry, so I guess take any comments on that as you will. You're a great writer, and I can't wait to read more, including your Harry/Gabrielle...once I finish my own, hehe!

Great job! )
HP-DG-SB-NR-AG-HA-TD-KB-RR-AJ chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
this was a nice little story, good job with it. I do hope that you will write more little stories like this, possibly more with Hannah? XD good job.

HP-DG-SB
Fibinaci chapter 1 . 10/18/2011
I liked the beginning and the end, but felt there needed to be something else, like one more scene, in the middle, the transition from their depression to the romance was too abrupt.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/18/2011
So good! i love the bit about the gryffindor in harry wanting to help
N Flamel chapter 1 . 10/18/2011
Hi TML, Yea, another Harry/Hannah one shot. What I like most about this one is that you took a very small piece of canon and made it very human. When I read that Hannah had lost her mum in whichever HP book, I thought that was too bad, another in a series of senseless murders by LV and his DEs. Your fic makes it very personal, even from the perspective of 4 years later. As always, very well done! - Nicolas
Bad Mum chapter 1 . 10/18/2011
Ah, what a sweet story. Nice characterisation. I particularly liked the line about the Gryffindor in Harry not being able to resist trying to help.