Reviews for what if we prayed to the man in the moon
glittercrumbs321 chapter 1 . 2/13
oh please oh please oh please tell me you have a sequel? or more chapters sooon? please?
DGfleetfox chapter 1 . 5/6/2013
Oh please will you write more for this? :) It really entertained and I'd love to be able to continue this.
Somerlia chapter 1 . 2/28/2013
Are we going to get more chapters soon? I really want to see where this is going to go seeing as it's one of the best written Lily Luna and Doctor fics I've read.
tamatoe chapter 1 . 2/5/2013
i really really loved this, even when i'm not in the doctor who fandom (haven't watched the series, unfortunately).

your lily is just fascinating, and it was such a pleasure to read her.

thanks for sharing! :)
The Creature chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
I love eleven/lily stories they are some of my favorites and this one is excellent!
particularly good finder chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
LOVE this!
meltedhappiness chapter 1 . 12/10/2011

Now that I got that out of the way. Wow. I don't even know if I can review this without having spasm or anything. It had not even crossed my mind that there would be Doctor Who and Harry Potter crossovers. As I saw Karen as your avatar, I promptly started freaking out. And then it took me about 10 minutes to calm down enough to actually read the story and then I freaked out as I read it.

In a word, splendiferous.

I just love how your stories have time passing. The only way I can describe it is how sad it is and how much perspective it gives you. Bringing Harry Potter and Doctor Who gives you so much perspective. Things can end, things do end, things never end. It was just brilliant.

The Amy Lily resemblances were so obvious and so subtle, everything in the story was just wow. I don't even know what to say. And I think that you definitely should continue with this story, as it is wonderful.

I love Lily and the Doctor's relationship, but I'm glad they aren't the pairing in this. Although I'm not big on Teddy/Lily, I would definitely not want Lily/Doctor.

What else to say? What else to say? I really want to cover my favorite parts of this story and the beginning was very strong. It just never crossed my mind that if Doctor Who and Harry Potter were real, then absolutely they would see appearances of each other all the time, it seems. Everything tied together so perfectly and I very, very much enjoyed it.

The little Lily in the hot tub/pool scene was hilarious. Her delight out of making the Doctor squirm was just so characteristic, in my opinion. But all I was wondering was how old Lily was at the very beginning of the story? I know you might have mentioned it and I know she's 18 later, but just a guess that she was around 14 or 15.

I do wish we could have read a little dialogue of when Lily and the Doctor were sharing everything about their lives and it seemed like something was missing before he found out she was magic. I was confused if Lily still had her wand and did magic or just ignored it altogether? Also, she seemed so unsurprised that the was an alien, or whatever:) I'm sure that had to do with her witchiness and all, but I though the transition of her becoming companion was so smooth and done without questions.

I absolutely loved the bit with River and his quick explanation to Lily on how they were married. As I am a kind of recent Whovian, I sort of feel like I'm on the inside when I read things or see things Doctor Who, which is silly. But, not to digress, I absolutely loved this.

I know I'm sounding redundant, but this is definitely one of my favorite stories, almost better than "you are the solace of impossibility." Sorry about the lengthy review, hope to see some new chapters soon!
colortheskyred chapter 1 . 11/17/2011
LOVE!
Invierna chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
SO MUCH LOVE FOR THIS.

Seriously, this is the crossover I didn't know I wanted but I now desperately need.

I love how Lily isn't all that impressed with the Doctor - it's good for him. And he's good for her too, of course.

So, I sincerely hope that you write more soon!
The-Hufflepuff-Death-Eater chapter 1 . 10/25/2011
Oh my goodness.

It's beautiful and the references and Rose and River and Teddy and your Doctor spies on her dreams too I can't.

I can't believe I didn't read it before ack I'm sorry I've been dragged across the country and the Internet sucks here.

In conclusion I want to marry this and you should never stop writing ever.
howlsatthemoon chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
- this. how. happen. this. christ.

- the references to rose and the doctor, ohmigod ohmigod you don't know how much i love them. when she finds rose's clothes and he doesn't talk to her and oh. fuck. that was perffffffffffffffffect.

- the bits and pieces of lilyteddy and how ted doesnt look at her the way she wants him to, if i could kiss words i would kiss those.

- i also loved the bit about the megalomaniac slitheen, that made me crack up.

- even though i'm still getting through the tenth doctor episodes i loved rory and the doctor at the beginning, makes me excited for when i finally get to the 11th doctor because bowties ARE cool.

- just thinking about how these worlds have both a TARDIS and hogwarts and magic and time-lords makes me sad that the life i've got is so utterly mundane and oh, i just want to travel with the doctor and see the planets and do magic and have a teddy and just someday be as wonderful as your writing.
drowning in technicolor dreams chapter 1 . 10/21/2011
This was so fucking beautiful ohmygod and I know they probably won't end up together or whatever because things like that just don't happen to the Doctor but they are now my OTP or at least my friendship OTP and you deserve all of the awards.
coeurfeyrac chapter 1 . 10/20/2011
Ohmygod it's a multi-chap now I can be happy forever.

This is just... so lovely. You write the Doctor perfectly, and Lily and wonderful, and I don't have enough words.

IT'S JUST SO AMAZING. Bloody hell. dsfdlkjfhsjhgdjlsdg
on rooftops chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
Dearest Ellie,

I am trying to write this like a sane person, but allow me to indulge in a moment of utter fangirlish squeeing for a moment: HOW THE FUCK DID YOU DO THAT OH MY GOD I OPENED MY EMAIL AND SAW THIS AND THEN I WAS SO HAPPY LIKE YOU DO NOT EVEN KNOW. You wrote me a Lily Luna/Doctor fic and I have never ever ever been quite so ecstatic.

Okay, sanity. So, I love you like whoa - thank you so so very much, this is magnificent. More than magnificent. I adore the title; it fits the story perfectly, it fits Lily and the Doctor and the whole crossover universe, and it is so /pretty/. The Salinger quote makes my heart hurt in a good way; I love Salinger, and that quote is so applicable to both Lily and the Doctor and it is just the exact way to begin this.

Okay, so the actual beginning - it is perfect (oh, wow, I have a feeling I'm going to be using that word a lot in this review). I love that it happens at Christmas, I love that Lily is all of a sudden in the middle of a Doctor Who storyline, because that is how it always happens, and this line: "As Christmases go, Lily Luna Potter has known better" is possibly my favorite line in the whole story (well, okay, no it's not, but it's one of them. It's funny and clever and starts to build Lily's character straightaway). The fact that Rory stabs the cyberman is just...ugh, I love him, and I love him with his swords and his Roman-ness and /stabbing a cyberman/? It's brilliant.

And Lily and the Doctor, their first interaction is just...so Lily, so the Doctor, so perfect. I love how the Doctor grabs onto Rory, after, to make him inspect all the damage Lily's surely done him, and...can I just say that your characterizations of all of them are just so very in-character and beautiful and ughhh why is this not canon?

Lily's so badass, though, I love how she reacts to all of this - like it's barely out of the ordinary, like she has every right to know Rory and the Doctor. Oh, and Rory's reaction to Amy...I love them. I love how you've written them.

Lily's second meeting with the Doctor is so much sadder and so...I don't know, real? "Are you going to assault me every time we cross paths, or is it just on Tuesdays?" - that is brilliance and the Doctor down a T. I love it. And oh, God, Lily vomiting on the Doctor's shoes and all, that is so embarrassing but also gives the Doctor the opportunity to be so very Eleven-like and perfect.

Lily's interactions/non-interactions with Teddy and Victoire throughout this make me so sad for her, and also makes me want to shake her and Teddy and Victoire and make them all sort out their emotions so everything can be happy - but this story wouldn't be nearly as beautiful or engaging if everything were happy, so I will resist the urge to shake my computer screen.

Lily as outsider is so very tragic, but also...I don't know, I guess it fits her character perfectly, and so it works extraordinarily well with this story - it sets her up for the eventual departure and makes the whole thing believable. I love how the Doctor arranged (or tried to arrange) to arrive there on Christmas; it's the odd sort of thoughtful thing he'd do, and it's just cute and funny and so him.

"You should come with me. It makes sense - you're lonely, I'm lonely. We could, you know, see planets and be lonely together and stuff." Can my heart just die, now, please?

This whole traveling part is so intelligent and settles the story perfectly into the world of Doctor Who and it just drew me in, all of it. And Lily's room - how the lower bunk would have made her feel more lonely, God, I love the way you've written that whole scene.

Their conversation about friendship and why he chose her - seriously, though, it just shows such dimension and character development and it is the Doctor, and it is Lily, and their friendship just makes me so happy, because it seems as if neither of them expected to become close friends when the Doctor asked her to travel with him, and ugheofjoigjer.

Lily's longing for Teddy is, again, so sad, but so perfectly in character, too. And the TARDIS's fascination with dreams, the little thing about Micky , it's just perfection, as well. (I love that you mention Rose, and that the Doctor still seems to be pining after her, because he /is/ no matter what anyone says and ugh. Perfection.) Okay, and Lily's reaction to the Doctor asking about Teddy, running away and finding the swimming pool surrounded by the galaxy and the way the Doctor finds her there and is so endearingly childishly embarrassed - all of that is such beautiful writing and character development and it just enhances this great atmosphere you've written throughout the fic and I adore it. And Lily and the Doctor's conversation...is beautiful and honest and sad and such brilliant characterization of both of them (and of Al and James, in the background) and I would happily reread this scene (this whole story) daily.

Raxacoricofallapatorius. I am unbearably impressed. And the Slitheens and the Doctor's joke and I actually laughed out loud at this part, not going to lie. And then how it transitions seamlessly into another serious conversation about the past, and how they've stopped keeping their histories secret, all of that is perfect. And the way Lily finds the doctor amazing, but manages to break the tension in a way that makes it not as if he's whisked another girl away from her life to possibly put her in danger, it's just lovely, and shows the way they understnad each other brilliantly.

I love how you've written River, as well (of course I do). She's in character, and the way she's a little bit jealous of Lily is a very nice touch, because her showing some vague insecurity is refreshing, and "She reminds me of a certain someone."

"It's the hair and the bad attitude." is about the perfect summation of Lily vs Amy I've ever read. I mean, not that I've read any. But this is perfect, so nothing could possibly beat it.

I like how Lily likes drifting - it seems relaxing and nice and kind of thoughtful, and I also love how the Doctor is disappointed when she says she wants to go home (until he realizes that it's only for a little while) - and their relationship has progressed so well and this just demonstrates that progression.

The way the Doctor mistakes Teddy for James is one of my favorite (lol no everything is my favorite I cannot choose) parts of this fic. How you've written it, the humor there, covering all the shock Teddy must feel and Lily's sadness, and the awkwardness, it just...it's very the Doctor, you know, but also an intelligent plot device and it makes the whole "reunion" scene much tenser and better, in my opinion.

MARMITE. The way you write the Doctor is my favorite. And the way Lily and he just leave, after he's had his toast, the way Lily leaves it to Teddy to tell her family she's "run away with a madman"...everything about that is gorgeous.

The end. The end. The reference to Rose, the sadness underlying everything, but also Lily's interpretation of this as an escape, a chance for forever, even though it's tragic, it's also really really lovely. I read the last few paragraphs three times through when I first read this last night.

This story as a whole is unbearably (and by unbearably I mean gorgeously, beautifully, perfectly) intelligent - you've written the two worlds together so that there is no division between them, it seems reasonable that a world with Hogwarts also has a TARDIS and a madman with two hearts, and that the magic and the alien would collide at some point is practically a given. I love Lily and the Doctor, especially, but also how you've written all of the secondary characters - this whole story has such an atmosphere surrounding it. I also want to hit Teddy and the mention of Lysander was lovely, by the way, I adored that, that he tried to be there for her in her craziness, and everything just fit together and that made this an unbelievably, incredibly lovely read.

Okay. So if you haven't gotten this from above then I don't know what I've been babbling about but:

I LOVE THIS. I LOVE YOU - THANK YOU SO MUCH, ELLIE, YOU HAVE NO IDEA.

(And not to be greedy or anything but if you do get inspired for more I will just die of happiness.)
sparklylulz chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
I think I pretty much just died from how awesome this chapter was. This story is brilliant and as always your characters are spot on. The Doctor oh my goodness! He's perfect. Though I must admit part of me pulls for The Doctor/Lily but not as much as it does for Lily/Teddy. You've done an incredible job mixing the worlds but keeping it in character and plausible. I eagerly await the next bit. :)