Reviews for A Year in the Life
pikaree1 chapter 4 . 6/3/2017
"Get on famously, like a house on fire"
Yeah. That was a good analogy, dear author. Also probably my favorite part of the whole chapter. Which, don't get me wrong, I liked the whole thing, especially how you managed to put a different spin on your Haru with the patterns, that was a really nice touch what with how you worked in her brains (which seriously do not get enough credit in canon) and her background, but comparing her relationship with Hayato to a house on fire. That's just. Brilliant. And I love it.
ksecc1 chapter 6 . 5/13/2016
Soooo... I see you haven't done any KHR in awhile. Are there any plans to continue this series? (Either 10.5 or doing an episode 14?) I really do love this plot line.

I enjoy your stories like this one more than the ones which are mainly romance driven. Your plots, characterisation and humour makes these so much fun to read.
ksecc1 chapter 5 . 5/13/2016
And poor poor Dino. He's great too. You just write such hilarious and sympathetic characters.
ksecc1 chapter 4 . 5/13/2016
I'm also enjoying how you write Reborn. I mean, he's got to be a prick or he's so OOC that I usually don't enjoy the story. But you make the reader like him anyway. I mean, he's got to be awesome if he's in character. You make him a tiny bit human too. But not sappy. (Ugh!)
ksecc1 chapter 2 . 5/13/2016
Yes! A good solid female character. I like gender switches. Where you take a male protagonist and make him female, given the sad lack of serious female protagonists. But I also love seeing a minor female character developed to make her a strong character rather than a cardboard cut out.
ksecc1 chapter 1 . 5/13/2016
Yes, I really do like this reality you've crafted. Each character's POV seems consistent from their own POV. And there are no monochromatic good guys or bad guys. Well...they're all mafia but...you know what I mean. And the dry humour is great. I would dearly love to see this reality continued at some point.
Guest chapter 6 . 5/11/2016
Neat. *cuddles Fuuta* I like that he /does/ have a Family, even if an odd one. Or an odder one among odd ones? XD

I wonder if the Dying Will bullets would treat a swimsuit worn as though it were underwear as it does underwear? A one-piece swimsuit of a color that would be mistaken for a normal undershirt under her clothes might be a good solution to the trouble of a suddenly-streaking teenage girl. It'd certainly be an improvement over a bra and panties, even if it would seem odd to see on the street in February. Also, shorts instead/on top of panties would be helpful even in her normal clothes, since she wears skirts. Never know when you have to run or jump etc., and not needing to worry about flashing people is nice.
Guest chapter 5 . 5/11/2016
*snickers over the endings*

So, on the vein of making logical sense out of the insanity of canon and figuring out how to adapt it for "Betrothal", I assume some of the point of "dealing with unwanted suitors" was also Bianchi's job in canon, only switched? (And, also, terrifying fangirls-you-can't-kill-because-gentleman, in her canon behavior.) Her "being Reborn's (fourth) Girlfriend" would have flaunted some of the otherwise squicky things that might be somewhat common in the Underworld (though Arcobaleno level weird is a thankfully limited rarity), and her traumatising of TYL!Lambo may have been partially meant (or simply encouraged) as part of the lesson she and Dino were supposed to help with here? Though that may have been made easier by a vested and valid hatred of this "Romeo" and poor Lambo's resemblance...
Sanguinary Tide chapter 1 . 4/17/2016
PLEASE...please please please...I'm BEGGING YOU...please continue these. TTTT
SkyGirl chapter 6 . 3/27/2016
Hello ! Well I'm kind of late to the party but I've been reading your betrothal series for a few days now and I thought I'd drop a review to tell you how much I enjoy it.
First of all, your writing style is delightful. You just have a way with words, and my god is the sarcasm always on point.
I appreciate how well-written everyone is, they're all more complex versions of their canon self and it sorts of feel like reading a behind the scenes of the show. Like really it isn't hard to believe that Yamamoto is actually teasing Gokudera on purpose, that Kyoko is popular bc she works for it or that Haru had made her relationship with Tsuna happen. Awesome hidden depths indeed. And yeah speaking of Haru & Kyoko, wow. They are characters that usually don't get taken seriously, so it was more than refreshing to get a look inside their head & see them take a more active role in Tsuna's world. Haru's part was brilliant. I really really like this version of her. Mostly bc I've alway liked the idea of misfit Haru. Tsuna saying that Haru is a mirror version of herself is just so spot on. I actually never thought about it, but now I see how clever of an observation it is.
Coming up with Bianchi as Tsuna's tutor was really a good idea as well. I like how Tsuna is bonding with her bc that's definitely something she couldn't do with Reborn. It's good that at least one of her tutors is being sensitive lol.
I'm babbling a lot about the girls, but it's because I never read such an interesting take on their thoughts and motivations.

Overall, I'm just rlly fond of the general mood of this verse, it's much more darker and mature & this whole mafia thing is scary just as it ought to be.
Some issues that are overlooked (or serving comedy purposes) in canon are taken more srly here, like Gokudera's reaction to his sister and all its potential consequences. Hello dark side of the mafia business.
And god the relationships dynamics within the group are just so entertaining, I'm dying to know how they will develop. In the show everyone just sorts of gravitate around Tsuna, which is still the case here but they're also forming their own relationship with each other. Yamamoto & Kyoko's friendship for exemple.
Also Gokudera/Tsuna still seems to be at awkward stage, especially on Tsuna's part.
And there's this: "It would be good for him to have something else to think about. Someone else to think about." This is just so Reborn. Frankly, it's fascinating to see just how manipulative he can get and watch him come up with solutions to problems that don't even exist yet.

I would be infinitely happy to see this story updated, and would love to see other characters included like Hibari etc. And oh well, just like other readers, I'm rlly looking forward to the eventual meeting between Tsunako & Xanxus bc boy is it going to be something. (Plus you've mentionned them as a pairing ? Ayyyy)
Anyway sorry for the messy review, I just can't convey my thoughts properly but my point is, your story is amazing and I LOVE it, thank you for sharing !
Molly Grace 16 chapter 2 . 7/6/2015
Great chapter. I really liked how you decided to bring out Kyoko's Mist side. It was quite brilliantly done.
BoomboomPOWWWW chapter 6 . 1/18/2015
Whooaaaa! I really like your realistic take on khr daily life, great writing! And I really like this series in general. I'm really looking forward to when Tsunako finally encounters Xanxus!
threeeyedcrow chapter 2 . 12/27/2014
Wow, I love this version of Kyouko so much, it's ridiculous.
BlackShadow1 chapter 6 . 6/26/2014
love your story, the background for this story tho with some of the changes you have made, have me slightly confused unless i missed a prequel for this you have written. otherwise i love it
Stormy.Clouds231 chapter 6 . 5/9/2014