Reviews for Season of Waiting
Sachiel Angelo chapter 1 . 10/15/2013
You have captured the character beautifully. I have always wonder if that was his real feeling. I just feel, through out the series, his feels are deeper than what he portrayed. His feels are deeper than that of a friend. This really is wonderful. Make me want to cry, because the ending have always brought tears to my eyes.
SucreTeen123 chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
Your story allowed me to look type Fourteenth prince in a completely new light. I am a 4th/Ruoxi fan but a little part of me is rootin for 14th/Ruoxi and I cannot even begin to express how emotionally touched I am by your story! You are an absolutely amazing writer! Keep it up!
Lily-Magnolia chapter 1 . 12/23/2012
My relationship with 14th Prince has always been a hate-love one, as I found myself annoyed by his childishness at the first 20 episodes, later was charmed by his good looks and somewhat annoying remarks when he went to visit Ruo Xi at the laundry department. And later, I could not help but admired his ability to smirk that was worthy of a good slap when he faced Yong Zheng with the Imperial Edict.

What touched me was how good you managed to convey how 14th might have felt the moment Ruo Xi mistaken him for Yin Zhen and just before she passed on. It must have hurt him a lot. After rewatching the series for the 7th time (maybe more), I could see the finer details of the story and I could definitely see 14th's subtle love for Ruo Xi. He cared and loved as much as 8th, sadly he never earned a place in her heart, other than being just a childhood friend whom she knew she could always depend on.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
An absolute gem! Did not really follow the series closely, but knew enough here and there to appreciate what you portrayed here. Profound and bittersweet, thank you!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
It's not strange at all that you're not on team Nicky; if you feel that 14th's emotions for Ruo Xi eclipses 4th and Ruo Xi's bittersweet love in terms of romance, then, by all means, embrace your opinion. I'll just add that I became a 4th/Ruo Xi shipper the moment 4th said "I saved your life. So without my permission, you cannot die." Now I'd like to ask something - it seems that most of the people who are into this series are ladies, and I feel somewhat out of place for being a guy. Are there any guys reading this stuff besides me?
moonhaku chapter 1 . 6/3/2012
To my knowledge, I've always took BBJX to mean "Startling By Each Step" (I'm a native Chinese speaker). Anyway, I can't express how excited I was to find this! I loved 14th brother ;; and although I really ship the canon pairing (4th/Ruoxi), I've always had a soft spot for 14th. He was the constant. The protector. This fic really expressed everything I was thinking ;; good job :)
blackangel2073 chapter 1 . 5/23/2012
Ruan Chun Xian, you are forever the best, thanks for writing a fanfic on the 14th prince.

14th Prince is definitely my favourite. I was quite partial to him in the beginning and grew to like him more and more as the series progressed; I was a 14th and Rou Xi shipper, cos I like how 14th liking to Rou Xi wasnt love at first sight, it was gradual, he learnt and changed because of Rou Xi (scene in the grasslands where 14th learnt that he had misjudged Rou Xi was one of my favourites ;D), and he was able to give up anythig for her even when he was angry with her (I wished Rou Xi treated him better at times though)

This was a wonderful oneshot, written wonderfully as always, its the same as how I would imagine it.

Haha I thought it meant step by step into my/your heart too! So i thought the english name "Scarlet heart" was strange... But I realised i was wrong when i actually reas instead of heard the title of the series fail
blackangel2073 chapter 1 . 5/23/2012
Ruan Chun Xian, you are forever the best, thanks for writing a fanfic
shawol-cassie-elf chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
Absolute love. I shipped Ruoxi with 14th because he seemed willing to move heaven and earth for her no matter what. He does it even when he's powerless (compared with 4th and 8th who chose to do nothing when they were in their lows. not to say they didn't love ruoxi as much)

I think you captured 14th's feelings for ruoxi perfectly. I too think he never truly realized how much he cared for her most of the time.
Eunice chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
I live this fic. Please write more! T-T
booklover321 chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
I loved this drama but I have to say I like the beginning/middlish more than the end

And I'm for either the 13th prince or the 14th prince

By any chance do you know if there is going to be a season 2?
Linda chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
Hi, nice story. Glad to see 14 get some attention in fandom!

Just wanted to comment on your note re: the English translation of the title Bu Bu Jin Xin. In Chinese, the phrase “Jin Xin” in this sense can be thought of more as “tension” or “anxiety” instead of being startled. And rather than “step by step,” the use of “Bu Bu” is more like “every step.” Together, “Bu Bu Jin Xin” would mean something along the lines of “Each Step is Full of Tension” or “Each Step Taken is Beset with Anxiety.” It refers to, first, Ruo Xi’s life in the palace – how every action she took or every word she said could’ve led to dire consequences, so she lived each day fraught with tension, carefully weighing her every move. Secondly, the title refers to life in the palace in general. Once anyone steps inside the palace, their every step becomes full of tension/anxiety. I don’t think “Startling by Each Step” is a particularly good translation either, but I don’t know that I could come up with anything catchier myself. The Chinese title definitely conveys a lot of meaning in four short words!
Lolita-mist chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
I've just finished watching the drama (a marathon that's worth 4 nights of sleeplessness!) and I totally understand your view about 14th feelings for Ruoxi! Hmm, perhaps I should start a story about them myself and give them a chance at happiness... lol, your story is the first that I read after the drama and it has inspired me so. Thank you for sharing this with us!
sunny-summery chapter 1 . 12/1/2011
It's surprising for me to see a fan fiction of Startling by Each Step on when I was searching other fanfics, since I'd never realized that this book or TV show was translated into other languages. But more surprisingly, I found a fan fiction about 14 and Ruo Xi.

I love your description of 14's feelings when Ruo Xi was dying. And I kinda ship Ruo Xi/14. Because I believe 14, of all the brothers, is the only one can truly bring Ruo Xi the life she wanted.

Sorry for my rambling if it is not logical.

And thank you for sharing this story!
v1cky84 chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
I love it...poor 14th :(

If only Ruo Xi returned his feelings for her they could have been very happy together.