Reviews for Sins of the Father
Sarai chapter 1 . 5/14
I like it.
Liketoreadnotwrite chapter 1 . 11/26/2013
Reading Ziva stories because I am missing cdp from NCIS. It's dead without her. Really liked your story. Thx.
Catmint chapter 1 . 8/23/2013
This is really, really well-written. It's very much how I can imagine that initial meeting playing out. Your characterisation is spot-on, you've got a lot of emotional complexity in here and this is pretty much perfect, I'd say!
KrisShannon chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
I believe I have read this before, but I am not sure I have ever reviewed, so here goes...

Your story here is absolutely amazing and has evoked an array of emotions. After all that happened in season 10, I find this story even more sad because, after all Eli did to Ziva throughout her life, she still risked everything to avenge his death. Even her last moments with him were filled with his betrayal and inability to feel remorse for his actions. And sadder still... he could not understand why she would not understand and forgive him.

I loved how Gibbs took Eli to task here... ** "You couldn't have just given her a little bit of closure, could you Eli?" Gibbs growled, getting close to the man's face. "Couldn't offer her some words of remorse or contrition?" ** I feel this needed to be said so badly and Gibbs did it so well. I loved how Tony and McGee stood ready to back Gibbs up and Eli wisely took heed to that unspoken warning.

Again, this is a wonderful story and I agree, this is a much more realistic ending to EF/ED. Great job!
brook chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
Grazing through fanfiction and found this. I agree with Amilyn. There is very little I can add. The sad thing is that in the end, if she had to ever rescue Eli, she would. He may not be a father to her, but she will always be his daughter.
Amilyn chapter 1 . 6/3/2012
THANK YOU. I am so thrilled to see Gibbs calling Eli on not offering a SINGLE word of remorse or contrition...or even an "I'm glad you survived." It is believably Eli that he would comment on her thinness as a criticism when it would be a remnant of what happened to her because of him. Nice choices, her going for a run first, then going to Gibbs, and Gibbs telling her what she did was her choice. Her logic that, yes, Eli is entirely consistent is both accurate and heartbreaking, and the understanding between her and Gibbs that her HOPE that he could be *her father* is what she has lost in realizing that he is NOT her father first and never was, no matter how much she wanted to believe that could have ever been how he would prioritize her. Beautiful and sad and as heartbreaking as CdP's eyes.
adara-greenleaf chapter 1 . 3/10/2012
This was a lovely, albeit sad, story. I really love the Gibbs/Ziva father/daughter relationship. You are a very good writer, which is a rarity on , so now I'm going to go stalk your profile and read everything NCIS you've ever written!
tivafan0204 chapter 1 . 11/2/2011
Wow I really like this better than what the writers did with Ziva and Eli. Mad love for the double meaning in that last line about Eli being first and foremost her father

"No," she choked out, her head falling to Gibbs' shoulder as he held her close, rocking her gently back and forth. "No, he is not…"

I'm intrigued for the new story now!
Alidiabin chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
Very well done. I think Ziva's 'forgiveness' was more for her than Eli's sake but I prefer this much more as an ending for ED. Wonderful fic.
Gabs chapter 1 . 10/21/2011
I LOVE the Gibbs/Ziva father/daughter relationship SO much, and you did it beautiful justice here. I had the same issues with the apparent resolution in EF/ED and it was nice to see another side explored here.
Anonymous033 chapter 1 . 10/20/2011
This was angsty *sniffles*.

I have my own theories, about Ziva and Eli and their complicated relationship. But I enjoyed reading yours :)

And the Ziva/Gibbs scene was very moving. I like that she went to his basement to wait for him and that he simply expected her to be there, and didn't lecture her on the bourbon. He accepts her as she is; that's a beautiful thing.
alice.in.ink chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
I am so in love with your writing. It's so exciting to see that little e-mail that says "Starryjules has a new story!" :) Lovely, lovely, lovely. I adore the Ziva/Gibbs family relationship. (Ya! Safe Harbor was gorgeous!) :) Thanks for sharing!
mon-petit-pois chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
Great story! Is there going to be more? I forget If you said it was complete or not and I'm too lazy to check. But I do think this deserves more:)
Lady Sybil Branson chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
Well I loved it! It was sweet and yes, very sad. I love Father\Daughter stories between Gibbs and Ziva. I love how protective he can be of her. It seems like this happens off camera you go too google images and type in NCIS Ziva nnd Gibbs OR Cote and Mark, there are sweet pics of the two of them.

Just thought you might enjoy that. Anyway, great story!
smush68 chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
Liked it a lot! You captured Eli very well - this is more how I'd thought his and Ziva's talk would have gone. Curious to see what you come up with next! (I loved the ending of last night's and last week's episodes too!)