Reviews for Phantom of Truth
Nikaya chapter 1 . 18h
This story was absolutely fantastic! I read the whole thing in 2 days. Danny and Maddie are characterized amazingly, and the way you describe what happens between them from her perspective was awesome! I'm starting SoaD now, and I can't wait to catch up! Great work!
Ev the Werewolf chapter 7 . 9/5
Oh! I just realized, the "paranormal harmonics" or whatever they're called could have started the destabilizing, leading to all that other stuff that happens. IDK. I'm just taking a wild guess... I hope I'm right but let's see.
*ties headband around forehead*
*sheathes swords*
*stocks potions*

I"M READY! COME AT ME ONION CUTTING NINJAS!
Lazyreader288 chapter 22 . 8/17
WHAT THE HELL THIS IS SO GOOD I SEE WHY SO MANY PEOPLE LIKED THS. LIKE SRSLY I STAYED UP THE WHOLE DAMN NIGHT READING THIS THING THANKS FOR THE TEARS BTW WTF
RavenSummoning chapter 21 . 8/16
Just found this! Enjoyed it so much it's the first phantom fic on my favorites list. Well done.
61394 chapter 22 . 8/4
Good story
Good Story
busty-cutie chapter 1 . 7/25
NO HIS FRICKEN HAND
busty-cutie chapter 7 . 7/25
danny gets electrocuted for saying mom and you got me again
busty-cutie chapter 6 . 7/25
it's amazing how you can talk (write) so sciencey
busty-cutie chapter 1 . 7/25
agh the baker story got me
XD i still love the witty (lame) comebacks danny makes
Today-Only-Happens-Once chapter 21 . 7/9
Hi, so I know this is just another review of many. But this is one of those stories that I can't NOT say something. Apologies if this gets to be a bit long.
So it had been a LONG time since I'd seen Danny Phantom, but my older sister started re-watching it recently and has sorta immersed herself in the phandom and... directed me to this fic. I'm glad she did. It's past 1 am here and I regret nothing (and intend to spend some more late-night hours invested in the sequel here once I finish writing this review).
This story blew me away. Your characterization of Danny across the board was incredibly spot on. And even though the show doesn't give us TOO much to go on for Maddie, she was awesome as well. Her moral development arc was fascinating to follow, and developed consistently and believably.
It also raised some really intriguing debates about humanity, moral science, and where identity begins and ends. Depth to that degree isn't often found in fanfiction. It was a privilege to read something with thought-provoking, subtle themes addressed and challenged.
Speaking of thought-provoking, the sheer amount of... for lack of a better term, "ghost theory" that you incorporated was incredibly fascinating to me. I read this story pretty much all in one go, and it was amazing the amount of science and theory you worked into it. I don't know how much is research-based and how much was just made up by your own musings but either way, it was incredbly... intelligent. Getting down to the nitty-gritty science in a third-person limited to Maddie POV helped enhance her characterization as well as just add a very unique and fascinating dimension.
On the opposite end of the spetrum, so to speak, there were also so many moments that just... gutted me emotionally. I read this all in one go, but... I'm STILL not quite over that first instance where Maddie said "Language, Danny" and Danny said "Sorry, mom" and the immediate fallout that happened. Additionally, Danny's reaction immediately following the ghost wail incident broke my heart. Aaaannnnd when Danny thought Maddie had figured it out only for Maddie to tell him that he wasn't her son. And the little details too, like how the whole stargazing thing comes back and the ongoing coffee thing and I just. Be still my heart. It was emotionally traumatizing but in the kind of way that makes you force your friends to endure the same emotions.
If I keep going with this review, I'll never get to read that sequel so... I'm gonna go do that now. But seriously: this was an amazing fic. Thank you so much for the time and effort you put into it so that I and many others could read and enjoy it.
FallingToFate chapter 21 . 6/19
Hey there! I know this fic was published a long time ago, but I only just discovered it, and man have I been missing out. This fic is honestly one of the best I've ever read across any fandom. Your characters were so believably in touch with canon it hurt to see them in this situation. I love the way that the science you use works so well with what we know of canon, and how believable you make ghost science. I read this whole fic in a binge over like three days, and it was so worth it. I'm so sad I wasn't able to read this as it was being published or review it in any sort of timely manner, because wow was this good. Thank you for making awesome fics!
CoffeeBreakGirl chapter 8 . 6/16
Going to try and binge read the rest of this today. It's amazing and I'm in love with it
Fudge fudge fudge! She cut the hand? his hand? her son's freaking hand? it will affect his human form, won't it? then how maddie will... when she knows that...
or, will it be some... undesired ending? oh my! i'm shivering! she cut his hand!
2,279 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »