Reviews for State Watch
letitbexo chapter 37 . 3/26/2012
I finally caught up with this story! I just want to say what a talented writer you are, dear! :D I also really like chapter 35... you push the envelope with the "race" thing, with the island girl and the Caucasian rapists, the disturbing comments they make towards her... Oh my. You are very brave to do that, and to do it in a way that isn't very offensive once I think about it. _

Pleeeeeaaaaase update as soon as possible! I want to see what'll happen betwen Nigel and Miss Pink Hair, especially!
TheWeasleyBoys chapter 35 . 3/25/2012
Hmmm...not sure what I think about this chapter other than they ruined a perfectly good piece by Harry Belafonte. Has it clicked in Alex's mind that what he did to Mrs. Alexander was the exact same darn thing as what's happening here, or is he too busy sweeping it under the rug as always?
TheWeasleyBoys chapter 34 . 3/25/2012
...What happened to that question about skipping over from 231 to 240? Where did it go?
TheWeasleyBoys chapter 33 . 3/25/2012
Just one thing here...'snuff it' means to die, so...Alex basically told Peggy to drop dead just now. (hides) Mmmaybe some edits would be in order?
Nova Sinfonia chapter 37 . 3/17/2012
No, Miriam, he's not plastic! He has feelings too! ...and the "Lord Smartass" part made me grin...

But are there still ten State workers looking after Alex? Surely they don't need so many? Oh well. I'm looking forward to your next installment!
Nova Sinfonia chapter 36 . 3/17/2012
Poor Nigel, falling for girls he's just met, when Miriam seems to have an interest in him, even if it's just to argue (and I like how one of them - Georgie was it? - called argument a "govoreet-drat". That was cute!)
Nova Sinfonia chapter 35 . 3/17/2012
I forgot to mention... in the last chapter, you said the neighbourhood had East Indian people too. I know which one of my characters wouldn't mind dratsing with this gang! ;)

You said the girl in this chapter reminds you of Rihanna - like in the video for "Man Down"? There's another where she dresses a bit like Alex herself, but I forget the name of the song.

Anyway, speaking of music, is it a trend now for droogs to sing catchy songs before assaulting their female victims? That seems frightening, even more if Alex himself started the trend, but at least here he's the rescuer instead.

One thing I'm confused about: why did the "good" droogs need Nigel's permission before attacking the other gang? If it was an emergency, why did they wait for him to stop talking - couldn't they go ahead and then explain to him afterwards?
Nova Sinfonia chapter 34 . 3/17/2012
Very interesting chapter! I have a few things to comment on.

First, Nigel not understanding Alex - "You have a rabbit in three rooms?" Must be very big rabbit! :)

Second, I liked the sweet moment with Peggy, and the funny one (again) with Nigel and Miriam. He's richer and she's poorer... also she's more sarcastic, and he's more serious... but that's not going to keep them apart, I hope!

Third, I have to agree with Nigel's comments to Alex at the end. I felt the same way about the expression "the old in-out" because in one way it's funny (for being both dirty and "reductio ad absurdum" I suspect), but also serious because Alex in his droog days doesn't distinguish at all between consensual sex and rape. It seems like it's all the same to him. Here, though, you have Alex and his gang catching the other droogs who commit crimes, so Nigel should at least appreciate them for that.

P.S. sorry for a rather long review, and "reductio ad absurdum" just means something like "reduced to absurdity". I never took Latin, but I kind of wish I had - maybe it would make French easier... anyway I'm only making this review longer now! :)
BlackMambaaa chapter 37 . 3/16/2012
this was an entertaining chapter! I enjoyed, as always, the bickering between Nigel and Miriam, and it seems that things are slowly developing between the two! I'm excited!
BlackMambaaa chapter 36 . 3/16/2012
I'm sorry, I forgot to mention in my last review how amusing the 'Ugly DeLarge' part was! Anyway, poor Nigel is disheartened after finding out the Caribbean beauty is engaged! Yet was still stubborn when Alex and his droogs mentioned the Pink-Haired girl! Stubborn, stubborn man!
BlackMambaaa chapter 35 . 3/16/2012
YAY! This chapter was AMAZING! I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Alex and the droogs catching a gang and stopping a crime! I'm glad nothing happened to 'Rihanna' lol! Very great chapter!
BlackMambaaa chapter 34 . 3/16/2012
HAHAHA I loved when Alex was purposefully using Nadsat at the beginning to annoy Nigel! LOL that was great! I also found it highly amusing when he saw Alex in his gang clothes for the first time :P and of course the girl with the pink hair returned! it's very amusing when those two argue! I liked the part where Pete asked him if he liked her :P I was happy to see Pete, Georgie, Dim and Julian in this chapter, as I've said before, I love the way you've incorporated them into the story! Nigel seemed very surprised by the fact that the other stooge have participated in rape before, but it's a very serious issue so I don't blame him! really well done Pet Archer, I'm excited to read more! :)
BlackMambaaa chapter 33 . 3/16/2012
ooooh! who is the mysterious man? I'm at a loss, I can't think of who he might be! hmmmm. I loved the playful way Alex was with Peggy in this chapter :D and I like that Alex is getting his licence too :) when you said 'trying to defuse the tension' it made me think of Harry Potter when Fred Weasley says 'just trying to defuse the tension' LOL. and thank you for mentioning my story Pet Archer! you're the best!
BlackMambaaa chapter 32 . 3/13/2012
That was hilarious! Hahahah I'm looking forward to reading more about Nigel and Miss Tompkins!
BlackMambaaa chapter 31 . 3/13/2012
Ugh Lardface is such a perve! This chapter amused me though, I like the playfull way Alex is with Alex Jr. and Peggy! I also love that Junior is shy like his Mom (or Mum). I also liked that you showed the comparisons between Deltoid and Lardface's different reports :) Only one chapter to go :(