Reviews for That Good Night
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 10/8/2013
And the rest is silence; but it's the silence of love. Very nice indeed.
Severus-Toujours chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
This is the first SS/MM story I've read and I found it thoroughly enjoyable. Beautifully written.
the real snape chapter 1 . 11/3/2011
/The touching of the scars is their ritual to acknowledge what they have endured, though whether Minerva is always thankful for their survival, Severus does not enquire. His own thoughts on that topic vary./ Great line. The silent intimacy between them, and Snape's understandable reservations when it comes to his survival. But Minerva would have them, too.

/an enjoyable extension of their unending competition/ Sums up the SS/MM dynamics.

/and Severus had little to say to people in any case/ Very IC.

/Severus had finally feigned sleep to be rid of them./ That must have been a most interesting scene.

/Whatever had made him think he wanted an old woman in his bed?/ Are we being entirely honest here, Severus?

/deadliness of curse and speech/ speech especially, I'd say.

/after all, he trusts her with his cock in her mouth; it's only fair that she repay quid pro quo./ True. And very Severus.

/It means that each evening they spend together is just itself, nothing more, not part of a past or a future./ Such a great description of how and why it still works, after everything that happened.
Swallow B chapter 1 . 10/22/2011
This surviving Snape rings very true. Few authors mention his losing his voice, because it isn't convenient for their plot, but it is more than probable his vocal chords would have been affected. And in a way, he would have been thankful for this reason to keep silent. Minerva is no chatterbox herself, and their understanding needs no words.

Very IC, his refusal to let visitors in. Just as IC, the fact that Harry Potter gets in all the same. At that point, Snape must have been thankful not to have to talk.

Also very IC when he says Minerva had better not have come to ask his forgiveness.

I like the fact that Slughorn saved him. He is one of the people who would have and he, too, gets forgotten in surviving Snape stories.

Surviving Snape would be a broken man who wouldn't see much point in his survival. His task is done. No happy ever after for him, and Minerva seems to be the most understanding companion at this point.

If I may say so, it's a perfect counterpoint to my story, including the difference of tone.
McGonagall's Bola chapter 1 . 10/22/2011
Aww. Well, I only like Severus/Minerva when it is very well written, and I certainly did enjoy this!
banshee1968 chapter 1 . 10/20/2011
Thank you, you write the two of them very well. I always enjoy your stories and hope you continue.
MyMadness chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
Oh my God, that hurts. And still it is so beautiful. What they have is seems so spare, so meager. But you make us see it differently. Well done, as ever.
Vera Rozalsky chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
Raw, gorgeous, minimalist post-war story. They never will be as they were, but there's something left nonetheless. The turning point for this reader was realizing that the silence was involuntary on one part... and on the other, assumed. Not underlined as solidarity, but real solidarity doesn't need underlining.

Yes. This is the reason I click on the link when I see one of your stories pop up in the in-box.
katiealice49 chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
As with any great fic, I have so much I want to say but so little eloquent ways of saying it all. Needless to say, you got the both in character, which is what you do always anyway, but in such an AU situation is incredible. The understanding and respect, because that's what it comes down to, between them is very clear and this is what I've always thought a Minerva/Severus relationship has to fall down to - of course, it might occur because of need, fear, anger or whatever, but there's always that respect and you got it so right.

Really well done. I'm favouriting.
KrazyKimmy chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
Awww, I really liked that.

It was brilliant; touching.

You really got Minerva and Severus in true character there! Very well done!