Reviews for Awfully Cold Night
Daughter of Shadow chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
Hello Lady Verity,

Can I just say that I really loved this. The story is sweet, optimistic and well-written. It was a pairing that I never imagined before, but after reading your story, I wish it had happened.

I have this story on my favorites list, just so I can return and read it over and over. It always makes me smile, sometimes makes me tear up and sometimes just sigh in a wistful manner, but the feelings are always good even when touched with sadness.

I was always intrigued by Madame Rosmerta and of course I loved Severus. I was so sad that he died, even though, in a sense, it was a good death. How wonderful if he had survived and come to find a second chance at happiness with a kind down-to-earth lady like Madame Rosmerta.

Thank you for giving him a second chance and for the wonderful way you gave it to him.

Respectfully,

Daughter of Shadow
Zari Fey chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
Again, I find myself wondering why I haven't reviewed this before.

I adore this. This is absolutely sweet without being saccharine, and wonderfully adorable in a quirky sort of way. On a quick note, I love your little comment about confessionals...although, considering what we have seen confessionals used for in, say, The Borgias, a bar and a confessional might be more similar than Rosemerta thinks.

Also, I love the comment about wizards and the weather. It might be more dangerous for them than they might think. I mean, pointy hats and lightning...yeah, they'd better just stay inside. :)

-Zari
Epicoolawesome chapter 1 . 10/21/2011
This was nice. It relaxed me and made me think of the song, "Baby It's cold outside". The image of Rosemerta that entered my head as you described her was so unbelievably pretty that I trully thought, "Hey, this is a nice parring." I never think parrings are 'nice'. But you buttered me up and served me some sugar biscuits. It was perfect. The story was just purfect.
sasha2010 chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
Ahhhhh! This was outstanding! You are a very good writer! Very visual. I loved the picture of him playing with her hair absentmindedly while she chatted him up. Is this going to evolve into a longer story? Please say yes!