Reviews for Beyond The Sea
Chire chapter 10 . 10/18/2014
Hey I just wanted to say that this story is probably the best read I've had in forever. Literally. You guys pull this storyline off so well. Fantastic writers you both are, truely. First off the plot is amazing and I love where your going with this, second off you guys have these characters down to a tee. I couldn't stop reading once I started! (Which hardly happens). I really hope some day you guys decide to finish this piece of art!
Surfingbear chapter 9 . 5/22/2014
This story is without a doubt one of the best I've read on this site. It's better than books I've bought. Please keep going with it, you've put together something great and it would be a shame not to conclude it.
Guest chapter 9 . 5/17/2014
Awesome story! Thank you so much for taking the time to write it. Your character development is amazing and I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed reading this. Thanks again!
MysticRayne chapter 10 . 12/20/2013
Pleaseee continue writing! This story is awesome and one of the best fanfic i read about GoW! Keep it up! :)
TK chapter 10 . 6/19/2013
YAY! I really hope that you do continue this. I was so disappointed when it looked like you weren't going to. I was afraid to reread it (for the zillionth time) because it would only make me sad. Now, however, I have reread it again... and again... because quite simply, I LOVE THIS STORY-everything about it. In fact, I'm ashamed to say that I'd forgotten just how good it is. Truly, it is absolutely one of my favorite pieces of fanfiction that I've ever stumbled upon and I check back all the time for updates. Please keep up the great work and know that you have at least one avid fan who is waiting for your much-anticipated return to Beyond the Sea.
escaped.wonderland chapter 10 . 6/13/2013
Really loved the story. I think what I like most is that you can tell that you guys have definitely read the books, and paid attention to the details. It's nice to finally read a Baird/Sam story that manages to keep the two of them in character, and doesn't magically transform Baird into a social creature. I hope you do still intend to keep going with the story.
GearsLuvr chapter 9 . 6/7/2013
YESS FINALLY THE BIG PAYOFF after such great, frustrating, teasing lead-ins! First off i love this line:

"He chuffed out a mirthless laugh and glanced around the space. It seemed off - as if everything he was seeing was a great big lie – a nice, shiny veneer covering the pus-laden infection that was their life." - sad.

I like how Sam is just usually there when he needs her. Like in this chapter, she's suddenly there in the darkness in his room like some shadowy familiar.

This part was hilarious and HOT:

"Damon pulled back from their kiss, making Sam slump and heave a frustrated sigh. He shot her a half smirk and placed a chaste kiss upon her lips.
"Why the rush, Samantha?" he asked quietly, nibbling around her neck."

I love all the growling and mewling and hissing :0 The way he teases her is so perfect! I love how it is described as him "hilting" inside of her.

This couple of sentences is both funny and quite possibly the hottest part of all of this:

"She kept up a murmured litany of nonsense words as her orgasm neared, feeling it growing from her toes and rushing up her body. Damon slipped his hands up her sweat slick body and sank his fingers into her dark hair, letting the locks twist around his fingers. He pulled Sam into a hot, open-mouthed kiss before giving the hair caught in his fists a firm tug." - especially the last part, holy crap. Amazing.

I like how you don't have Baird telling Sam he loves her yet. Seems realistic to me. He says his feelings in his own way, but no doubt eventually he will get to the point where he can tell her as such in a more open way.

I loved reading this story. It's all so good and it's so long, the pacing is great, none of it is boring. I think it is the longest Baird/Sam fanfic i've ever read. The setup and payoffs are superb. Thank you so much for writing this!
GearsLuvr chapter 8 . 6/7/2013
Touching conversation Baird and Sam have. I love this paragraph:

"Not for the first time, the realization that Damon had severe emotional issues caused Sam to consider if pursuing a relationship with the engineer was worth it. Damon would certainly agree. But the way his brow furrowed as he stared into her eyes, the gleam of intelligence and the emotion in his green depths sweeping over her in waves, his slightly-chapped lower lip inches away from her own-Samantha knew she had never been more consumed by a man than she was by Damon."

- So romantic. I really am having trouble with the whole bitchy Anya part. It's so not like her character. But it is good that Cole goes over and tries to talk to her.
GearsLuvr chapter 7 . 6/7/2013
Really what would Baird have been like if Sam hadn't been there to clean himself up and talk to him? He would be such a wreck.
GearsLuvr chapter 6 . 6/7/2013
That scene was HOT. Also LOVE how Baird admits to her that he's frustrated because he doesn't know how to do this, because it had never really happened and no one had wanted it from him. I find it very realistic. Also found this phrasing very cute and funny:

"She took in his scent, carbolic soap and something distinctly male, and decided that he was hers." Lol, she decided that he was hers, it's so cute.

Also poor Baird needs to calm down and not feel guilty about Marlowe :\ And keeping secrets from Marcus so as not to hurt his feelings. So many things to upset Baird!
GearsLuvr chapter 5 . 6/7/2013
This Baird/Sam scene was so exquisite! So many emotions to deal with! I love how you really have them talk about the whole Dom issue here. Everyone knows she wanted Dom to notice her and tried admirably. Now it hangs over everything like a raincloud and unfortunately follows Sam, coloring any subsequent relationship she might attempt having. There is so much guilt, pity, indignance, sorrow, vulnerability, anger, confusion and earnestness wrapped up in this issue. I love how Baird just finally comes out and addresses it, for his own sake. How he had sworn not to get involved with women. Bringing up the feelings of being a placeholder, things that they would realistically need to talk about. Sam is just a nice, lonely girl who wants someone to love and who will love her, in the end.

I thought this part was cute too:

'"Samantha, I want you, but your...passion is kind-of overwhelming. You have to take it slow with me. I'm rusty."'

- Whether he's masking his need to stop what they're doing because of his heart, or if he's really admitting openly to her that sexually he's rusty and unsure of how to continue, if he will somehow disappoint her, for all his bravado in other areas, it was a very revealing and vulnerable thing to say.

Also it's nice having Jace and Carmine bantering about in this story. :) Also got really concerned for Baird. Poor thing. He's becoming unraveled!
GearsLuvr chapter 4 . 6/7/2013
Love the description here:

'Sam rested her head against the intricate wallpaper, unwilling to shift her tired body away from the wall. "You said you needed me, so…" she raised her bloodied hand in front of her, "Ta-da."'

- I can just imagine her exhausted, drained, wearily making the gestures when she says "ta-daaa".

Also when Baird repeatedly tells her that those parts on the engine are pistons... and then again when she shows him the paper: '"Those are the pistons, Sam," he said slowly, almost afraid of her reaction.' - i cracked up, that was great.

"Baird gave her a beatific smile and slid his hands up her neck to cup her face. Before she could recover from the shock of such an intimate gesture, he patted her cheek none-too-gently and said, "Then you're an idiot savant. Whatever." - Once again, love how he isn't cued into the subtleties of their proximity or what his touch is doing, and the joke is so funny too ) And when she's staring so long and hard at his face that he finally says "you should see the other guy". Such great little moments. And their whole first kiss scene was magical 3
GearsLuvr chapter 3 . 6/7/2013
Great setup with Marlowe early on, You know something's gonna happen with that later, eh hehe.. Love the really really slow buildup with Sam testing Baird's proximity boundaries, and how he's only vaguely aware of what she's trying to do, it's cute. Their stolen moment talking over drinks was really nice. I really like how you start to see Marcus and Baird's relationship and how Marcus becomes protective, even from Anya. Some things i have trouble reconciling with are that Trescue seems to be a bit more antagonized, and Anya. I can't imagine her being that way at all. Not exactly canon. I can't see her being that petty and lashing out like that. And by the time Azura happens, they'd long since made peace w/ Trescu and he was a pretty kewl guy. And shame about the Gorasni. Baird was the one who had the best relationship with them in the novels. But they can't all be nice, now can they? :P Doc Hayman is awesome though.

And i love this line:

"He didn't need to look nice. He was just going down to the bar to drag a woman back up to his room. No big deal." - lol
GearsLuvr chapter 2 . 6/7/2013
This is one of my favorite Baird/Sam stories. The setup you do and the pacing is really amazing. I love the subtle things Sam starts doing to indicate her interest. Also:

"Captain Dickweed?" he repeated. Some of the annoyance on his face faded and was replaced by humor, one side of his mouth lifting in a half smile. "You trying to sweet talk me?" - Very cute.

I love the part where Cole is watching Baird cut perfect squares out of his meat. You could totally picture him being slightly OCD.
Jhezz chapter 10 . 4/3/2013
Hope you upload a new chapter (as you say) soon. But Im hoping that it happens as sooner as possible. I really love your story. Greetings.