Reviews for Never Asked To Feel Your Halo
I was addicted to this story ages ago and finally just caught up. Thank you so much for sharing! You are a fantastic writer :D
Utterly amazing story. Exceptionally well written - not usually into Faberry unless it is as good as this, then all bets are off! Now, on to the sequel!
I want them to date, even if it's in secret. I want Quinn to accept that at least. I don't want just violence. I really have a hard time with how she treats Rachel.
Quinn has to stop being mean. They have to keep taking. It's time.
tom.the.lion chapter 45 . 1/20
hey! i loved "Halo" and I love this sequel. This is all fantastic - i do understand people's reactions to Quinn in this fic. (slightly batshit, dominant, manipulative, a bitch, conflicted) and I also understand people thinking that Rachel is somewhat masochistic. the thing is, HBIC Quinn is seriously hot. That said, this could go both ways. It seems to me like the characters are becoming caricatures of those qualities. As are the Gleeks. One of the best things about the show in the 1st season were the nuances that became apparent in all the roles so i'd like to see more of that. Even Santana has a soul. So i would love to see more compassion for all of them, more depth. They are all scared out of their minds, bit Rachel has an intense backbone, which we have yet to see. And Quinn has a world of pain and hurt. And Santana has a secret and is in intense denial. Puck is in love with Quinn despite his well, everything.
wkgreen chapter 45 . 1/4
Great Story! Glad I found it and now off to the next part of this story!
Guest chapter 45 . 12/27/2015
What will the sequel be named
Velu chapter 45 . 12/24/2015
So, it's been almost four years since I started reading this story if my review history is something to be trusted. I was a high school student back then. Since there were sometimes long gaps between updates, I reread this story several times. So while I'm late catching up, it feels very fitting to finally finish reading the whole story after unwrapping Christmas presents. In a way, I timed it so well it counts as a Christmas present as well.

I can definitely say I'll be rereading it again. You've written something I'll keep coming back to, something that really stands out, especially in the endless ocean of fanfiction. I remember times when Faberry fanfiction was actually rare. It's so hard to believe these days. I'm not sure if there is any official Hall of Fame for Faberry fanfiction but you should be there.

I enjoy how you portrayed the tension between Rachel and Quinn, I enjoyed ther interactions with other people and I especially loved the encounter Quinn shared with Rachel's dad. And while this fic isn't listed under humour, it's one of its biggest draws, I think.

To offer some (hopefully) constructive criticism, while I love slow-paced stories, this is probably a bit too much. Well, my issue is more with the fact that while the ending was decidedly epic, hardly anything got actually resolved. The only thing that did is that Quinn can admit to herself and to Rachel that she likes her and that she actually wants to express it physically. Though I should add that the progression of Quinn's approach to honesty is one of the high points of this story and Rachel's character did spectacular progress as well.

But now we're 45 chapters in and Rachel doesn't even know Puck is actually the father of Quinn's baby (though she might suspect something). There were several rounds of Quinn and Rachel making some headway, Quinn messing it up and Quinn trying to fix it that were very singular in focus and in the last stretch perhaps a bit repetitive. I'm not really complaining about the back-and-forth, just that it tends to be the exact same thing every time. On the other hand, I'm not sure there was anything in particular that felt pointless to the plot or that I wouldn't feel sad about cutting out.

Overall, even if I don't sound like it, I'm very happy with how this story turned out and I'm very excited about the sequel. Though I'm bad at reading stories update after update, I'll definitely try harder to keep up and be a more active reader in terms of reviewing your work. Oh and I hope you have the merriest Christmas possible, especially since you've contributed greatly to mine :).
imaferrari chapter 45 . 11/12/2015
Great story. A few chapters back, I did not think Quinn could redeem herself. Thanks for proving me wrong. Also, I'm thrilled there will be a sequel.!
tsds chapter 19 . 11/8/2015
I spent hours reading this last night. Seriously, it was like binge drinking. My eyes could not be pried apart from this masterpiece. Needless to say, my statistics homework was neglected last night. On the bright side, your brilliant story made me way happier than finding a standard deviation ever could. Thanks.
tsds chapter 1 . 11/7/2015
This is a really intriguing beginning. Well done!
lemon-rind chapter 45 . 10/8/2015
Gah. The last chapter? Well, I mean it was all that I hoped it to be. But I'm definitely glad there is a sequel lest I go into withdrawal. Thanks again!
Guest chapter 45 . 10/2/2015
Why
Guest chapter 45 . 9/24/2015
Wow. This fic takes me back to when the fandom was so alive and Glee hasn't totally ruined our babies. Thank you so much for a deliciously, slow-build Faberry epic. It made it even better when they finally made up. Thank you for coming back and giving us all heart attacks when you updated after so long. Looking forward to your sequel!
Cyncy chapter 1 . 9/23/2015
Thank you for writing and editting this amazing piece. I love how you build the characters up. It felt very realistic and because of that the story never got boring, even though it had a slow build and was very drawn out. Instead every hiccup and setback became part of the characterisation. This story reminded me of what glee fanfic was like at its height; I'm very impressed. Hopefully life will be kinder for Rachel in the sequel :)
1,555 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »