Reviews for Romance must advertise
Awesome story!
Neelie2009 chapter 14 . 7/25/2014
Can't wait to see Carson and Hughes reaction when they "meet" each other
Neelie2009 chapter 11 . 7/25/2014
I was a little Leary of this story as I ship Richobel but I am now loving it as you are doing an amazing job with Timothy. I am looking forward to uncovering what happened to make him initial dislike her.
SarLei chapter 22 . 4/22/2014
So, I read all of this in one day, basically, because I couldn't stop once I had started and I think this might have become my favourite story. The way the three couples are linked, the great balance of fun and severity, the amazing details about past and present and especially the romantic aspect of it all, it's lovely. I love Timothy because he's perfect for Isobel and I love Maureen because she means a challenge for Richard and I won't even start about how absolutely adorable Elsie and Charles turned out to be. The conclusion of it all is so beautiful. Thank you so much for this. :)

(And I just thought about how everything would have turned out for Isobel would she have been married to Timothy when Matthiew died. Wishful thinking on my part is that maybe you could write something about that sometime? Because I'm sure it would be great. :) )
NatesDate chapter 22 . 1/11/2014
I just read this story over the course of the last few days and it was very enjoyable. I wasn't a fan of Isobel when the show started but have come to really like her. Thanks for sharing.
evitamockingbird chapter 16 . 9/12/2013
This chapter is so incredible and awesome. I've read it at least three times and will likely read it again, perhaps from time to time when I need a little cheering up. :-)
evitamockingbird chapter 22 . 8/28/2013
I just found this story and it is so sweet and funny! I have seen a number of onstage and onscreen stories (including "You've Got Mail," but others, too) about people who know each other in real life becoming secret pen pals and I think it's such a charming storyline. You've done a great job with it here. It's nice, too, that the two letter-writing couples have different stories with one another. Charles and Elsie are close friends who each want more but don't think the other is interested, while Timothy and Isobel are attracted to each other, but don't get along. That makes it so their stories have some parallels, but in some ways are completely different from each others.

I can see Mrs. Hughes being a cat person, and even more than that I can see Mr. Carson most definitely not liking cats.

One of my favorite scenes was when Mr. Carson and Mrs. Hughes meet in the tea shop. They are a little confused, shocked, and surprised, but as the pieces fall into place in their minds and they explain a few things to each other they're both just so happy. It was very sweetly written.

I think you did a great job with all of these characters. I can see Dr. Clarkson being a bit of a flirt. :-)

Great job!
Tammy333 chapter 22 . 6/25/2013
Just found this story...Amazing! The Carson/Hughes and Isobel/Timothy story lines were the absolute best!
Chapter 11, when Isobel treated Timothy's wound, who knew first aid could be such a sexy, hot moment!
When Carson walked into the tea room, (chap. 15) then was following the waiter to the table, I found myself leaning sideways to peer around the waiters shoulder as I was reading. (as if! lol ) When he discovered that it was Elsie, I was literally holding my breath.
In chapter 20 the Sense and Sensibility moment ( one of my favorite movies) with Isobel and Timothy was perfect, I could just imagine it. Also in chapter 20 when Elsie secretly was watching Carson trying to shoo the cat off the sofa, I laughed out loud!
Chapter 21 when Isobel and Timothy FINALLY kissed I was a mushy puddle on the floor.
Elsie coming home to find Viviane the cat asleep in Charles' lap was too precious. Love, love, love this story! Thank you so much!
BrittanyLS chapter 22 . 4/24/2013
That was so sweet!
Guest chapter 22 . 10/14/2012
omgggg awwwwwwwwwwwww that last sentence just awwwwwwwww! diuhewroiwufh34wure... sorry i just awwwwwwww!
Caine chapter 22 . 4/10/2012
That was so awesome! It was totally worth my sleepless nights these last three days! I loved it, it was very well written and thought out. Though I would like to see what their lives are like afterwards like how Richard gets on with fatherhood and what Charles and Elsie's relationship is like while in service( I'm sure that would be quite funny) and how Isobel and Wellington work together at the hospital. Wow .. That could be a whole new story! Anyways excellent job!
CatherineJosephineMarie007 chapter 22 . 1/3/2012
This made me so happy I can't even tell you, and yet I'm still heartbroken that it's really over! You're brilliant, and I look forward to your next.

Love CJM007
Batwings79 chapter 22 . 1/3/2012
NO! Boo-hoo! It can't be over...but it is...and as usual it was a stellar 'tie up the loose ends' chapter! I found it rather sweet that Charles ended up with Viviane purring in his lap. I also thought it amusing that 'Lord Clueless' was so oblivious...LOL! I thought it inventive how you were able to use CookieMoi's story 'Throes of Passion' to your advantage...I wish I had a Timothy Wellington...or a Charles Carson...or a Richard Kyle Clarkson...to hold me in bed at night and tell me all about his hot, sweet, sexy fantasies, and then getting to help him make them all come true! Well Done, Again! Brava!

And looking forward to your next epic adventure...MORE, PLEASE!
mts3479 chapter 22 . 1/3/2012
Awww...sweet! Glad everyone involved are happy in the end.

All's well that ends well.
frakcancer chapter 22 . 1/3/2012
"When Lord Grantham was informed of the relationship between his butler and his housekeeper he sat looking clueless at his desk for a good five minutes before he finally stammered: But havent they already been married to each other for decades?"

I love me some Lord of Oblivious, and you delivered in spades. What a little treasure of a paragraph!