Reviews for Annie and Auggie: Fifty Things
Athena64 chapter 26 . 9/5/2012
So sweet! thank you! Can't wait for next week either... but I reckon the script writers will make a twist, and th ekiss scene won(t happen... not that I want to jinx it but well... let's wait and see!
DT-RH-JA-JB chapter 26 . 9/5/2012
This chapter is perfect. Next week is going to amazing! Maybe they'll finally tell each other.
scubagurl22 chapter 26 . 9/5/2012
And now I have to hunt down this promo I apparently missed before I can do anything else. Haha. Great chapter, love the Auggie introspection!
Guest chapter 26 . 9/4/2012
Awww, this was amazing. I was screaming myself when I got to the end of this episode. And I saw it coming (spoilers suck). Know what I see coming? A big fat cliffhanger that'll leave us salivating for the episodes in october. Two episodes, that's what we have. I can't wait!
Blue Obsidian Butterfly chapter 26 . 9/4/2012
This chapter was fantastic :)
That promo! *Dies*
And the kiss (It was probably only in her mind but still)
I knew Leena was shady, I just wish that I had figured out why sooner.
I need a time machine to travel to next week to see that episode because I just can't wait!
Blue Obsidian Butterfly chapter 25 . 9/4/2012
I like this chapter, it was very in depth and in character :)
I love the overall idea and the way you wrote it.
Athena64 chapter 25 . 9/3/2012
Very sweet and nice! Great Joan 's point of view! thank you!
DT-RH-JA-JB chapter 25 . 9/3/2012
Good chapter! My only contention is that Auggie was CIA before his accident. They said when he was with Natasha and confirmed it in Half a World Away.
morningdawn202 chapter 25 . 9/3/2012
To cute! Loved it please keep going
scubagurl22 chapter 25 . 9/3/2012
Not usually one for Joan POV, but this one might be my favorite one-shot of yours yet. Great job!
Obscurebookwyrm chapter 21 . 9/2/2012
Just realized that this chapter got left out of my main review of this story - I just had to mention it because it's one of my personal favorites for this one-shot collection. First, I found this story interesting because it's one of the few pieces of "Covert Affairs" fiction I've seen that deals with the possibility of Annie's death. Despite the fact that the writers have spent this season cultivating an "anyone can be killed" atmosphere, it seems that no one - either in thee fictional world of the show or the real world of fandom - wants to consider the impact of losing a character. I liked the immediacy of the emotional ramifications for Auggie - despite their distance so far in Season 3, he still cares for her and I like that this is being reinforced. It showed that concern without introducing romance, which I thought was good considering his headspace this season. I'm assuming that Annie faked the car crash, and her 'death', though, because the likelihood of such catastrophic brake failure was unlikely and the dialogue (on her end) seemed a little forced. Even taking that into account, the idea that she quickly found a way to get rid of any listening ears that weren't to be trusted is a good sign of her ongoing development of spycraft (though if that's the case it was a little cruel to use Auggie to sell that idea that she'd died). Really enjoying this story and I can't wait for the next update!
Obscurebookwyrm chapter 24 . 9/2/2012
So I recently stumbled across this story, fell in love with it, and decided to de-lurk and write a review. I love the direction you've taken this story so far; it's a good balance between following canon and showing what happens in and around the show. The prompts are all a lot of fun, since they give us readers a chance to anticipate what we'll see next. (Though I have to confess that 3, 12, and 30 all touch on my favorite flavor of angst for this show - Auggie having real cause to fear for Annie's life/health - and are particular favorites.)

With this chapter specifically, I found it interesting that you chose to show the disconnect between Annie and Auggie by having a moment where he doesn't recognize her, since that's been a thing for them from day one and (according to the show's writers) is something he does subconsciously, because of how in tune they are. I also loved the repeated theme of Annie reflecting on all this while lying in bed and the fact that whether she was alone or with someone, her thoughts were always attuned to Auggie. It's like having an unrequited soulmate - and was a totally different direction than I expected for this prompt. I think that surprise was almost more gratifying than the story itself.

I can't help but agree with you - the show does need to up its game. I mean, I know that it's a consequence of long-arc storytelling that the story will progress slowly, but they need to have the core cast start leveling with each other - that 'professional family' dynamic is a big part of what makes the show fun, and now that the family is estranged it's a little painful to watch. Ditto the character evolution they're making Annie undergo (I hope with the goal of toning down that reckless overconfidence). But if the preview clips and cast/writer interviews are to be believed, that's where the show is headed, in which case we can watch this storyline wrap up and heave a sigh of relief. The next two episodes in particular look like they'll be very good.
Guest chapter 24 . 8/31/2012
Been missing your updates! Glad you're back!
Guest chapter 22 . 8/31/2012
You are now required to write the gala. That will be one hell of a story.
The Red Fedora chapter 24 . 8/30/2012
Nice chapter. I do. Too much drama lately:-)
425 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 .. Last Next »