Reviews for A Little R and R
You really should update more often this amazing story! Please UPDATE SOON! Bye!
harvestsunlight chapter 42 . 12/6/2013
Beautifully written work. The depth of your characters is magnificent. I look forward to reading more...hopefully soon ; )
TheQueenofErynLagasryn chapter 42 . 10/3/2013
Wonderful story i hope you update soon :)
Guest chapter 42 . 9/18/2013
AWESOME story. Really. I always enjoy reading your Orc-stories, for several reasons. It's not about the steamy bits (though they are a bonus, I have to admit) but it's about all the "human", for lack of a better word, stuff in these conflicts and relationships in your story. It's addictive!
uno mega chapter 15 . 9/12/2013
The Sixteen Candles reference makes me favorite writer, ever.

(I've devoured everything you've written that's Uruk-hai/OC. What have you done to me? I love all of it! Sorry I don't review as much as you deserve to hear!)
Hebi R chapter 42 . 9/10/2013
This new direction made my eyes go wide, then made me even more eager to find out what happens next. I think Mog is my favorite, btw. Not that I do not love each and every Uruk smart enough (or Foshan enough) to keep himself out of jail, but Mog is just so...Mog.
Golfbabe87 chapter 42 . 9/7/2013
A very deeply feeling chapter. Thank you for the update.
The Lauderdale chapter 42 . 9/6/2013
I really like the conversation between Mog and the Dunlending: I want to make sure I say that up front. I also really like the Dunlending himself. That said, it feels to me like the stuff of an additional chapter, possibly chapter 43. I'm not sure the story currently does enough to set up the circumstances for them to have it yet, or in the way they do: it doesn't feel like it rises naturally from chapter 42, at least the way it is currently written. Part of the problem is that I'm finding it hard to believe that Mog has enough to realize there is a need to start such a conversation, in such an equable fashion on his part, and after the Dunlending's final words to him in Chapter 42. As currently written and the way Mog is characterized - the way pretty much all of the Uruk-hai are written, actually - that speech should have made the Dunlending an enemy, not someone to go ask if he can elucidate further on his feelings.

I feel like something needs to happen to make Mog make this leap - words exchanged or heard from another Dunlending, for example, or hostility or remarks made by the Rohirrim about the Dunlendings (sparking a point of connection between the Dunlending experience and the Uruk experience?), or just further interaction between Mog and this particular Dunlending. Time on the wall, additional hostile remarks from the Dunlending, reference to *something* more tangible/personal for Mog to pick up on. Something more to get Mog thinking and asking the questions he is asking here. Because right now it feels too early.

Echoing Helena, I roared at the Kevin Bacon line. But I also really liked this line: "I know this isn't easy. You're used to being an asshole and doing asshole things. That time is over." Beautifully succinct.
LordofGoats chapter 42 . 9/6/2013
Dang that asshat! Anyway excellent chapter
Tirion I chapter 42 . 9/6/2013
Yeah, the attempted genocide sounds more like it, compared to the Rohirrim stories of the conquest. They don't put that part in the songs :P
Borys68 chapter 42 . 9/5/2013
IMO Rukh should had been harsher with Aanash. A good wallop is pedagogical.

Excelent Dunlending. This is the sentiment of Germany AD 1920. The populace endured tremendous hardships, slaved away at the factories on a diet of potatoes and turnip, saw their children weaken and die on their hands. And yet they lost by a thread and ridiculously had all the blame for the whole mess assigned to them.
Not that EVERYBODY in Dunland thinks so - that is unlikely.

And Mog broadened his horisons - he has food for thought now.

Borys
Guest chapter 42 . 9/5/2013
They can't seem to catch a break!
helenamarkos chapter 42 . 9/5/2013
["What are you, the Kevin Bacon of Middle Earth?"] HA! I LOLed hard at that.

Tense moment with a waking sleeper. Aanash seems like he's reluctantly willing to roll with the punches, but that was an angry wake up, and I'm wondering if there might not be a little more anger laying in wait with him. Then again, maybe not. It;s hard to get a beat on someone when you've only known them for a few paragraphs, but that's some blackmail he has on Romana and Rukh.

Interesting convo with the Dunlending and Mog. I liked it a lot, actually: both the Dunlending man's (are we getting a name for him ever? No?) hate for the Rohirrim and his disgust with his situation are quite understandable. Dunlendings have long memories, because if I am recalling properly, that Rohirrim took their land centuries (maybe more than that) ago. So, his parting words to Mog are very poignant and well chosen.

"Take your apology to the strawheads. They do not remember wrongs as we do."

no shit. [flies flag Dunland]
fallenfaeangel chapter 41 . 8/31/2013
Been a while since I stopped on this story. Still love it and can't wait to read more. Keep up the good work. And the sleeper, can't wait!
LordofGoats chapter 41 . 8/31/2013
Excellent story as ever. I shall begin reading the next chapter...as soon as its not 1:00 AM