Reviews for Daybreak: Part I
Kintora chapter 32 . 9/10
So many feels. I can hardly begin to write a review to convey them. I'm sad to see certain characters die, and elated to see others survive. The pace and depth of the plot and the characters we know and love... This story and its prequel are pure gold. Keep up the awesome work! Looking forward to Pt. 2.
scotty26 chapter 1 . 9/7
Ha! I knew it! I just knew it was going to be Itachi I don't get the shipping war either but I think I'll chop that up to pre-adolescence teens and the likes
CrazyLittleTiger chapter 32 . 8/9
Sad the story wont be completely finished but the series as a whole I thought was outstanding! loved the Naruto universe you put together in your story, nice job!
NoNotHappenin chapter 1 . 6/16
Well, considering that 99% of the world is hetero-sexual, you really don't have much leeway for making gay characters. Maybe one or two, and a hetero-pan sexual here, but if it's bigger then that, bye byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
IronDBZ chapter 32 . 5/30
I've decided to take up your offer to continue the story, if anyone out there still wants to continue the journey you can find the new Daybreak on my page.
RatherFabulous chapter 32 . 4/21
Your writing on this alt/arc has been wonderful. I'm particular about who I favorite, but you're in (for what it's worth). On to the next arc!
jcampbellohten chapter 32 . 2/27
Well, that's as good a place to leave it as any. I'm glad you finally let that rumor get to his family that Sasuke is still alive. I like how they're about to start going out as pairs to do secret stuff going into the (hypothetical) next volume of the story, because that feels like a prequel linking up with the start of a story as this relates to how they operated in canon. Obviously that's not chronologically accurate, but it feels similar to me and it's cool. Also, I think it's funny that Itachi ended up in an Akatsuki coat after all, hahaha—and it's a little funny to picture kids in the coats, too.
jcampbellohten chapter 29 . 2/27
Reanimations/Edo Tensei zombies don't bleed when cut, what are you talking about? Well, the wounds still proved him alive, so whatever.
jcampbellohten chapter 13 . 2/26
Ugh, geez, the teen relationship drama. That "breaking a promise" thing is a good twist, though. I'd forgotten about that.

Therapy Jutsu for the win! I'm not sure I can see Gaara spilling his life story like that, but whatever.
This Muse chapter 24 . 2/5
Ok, I haven't finished reading but let me just say-

I love love love you're story, especially you're characterization of the kunoichi (namely Sakura and Hinata, to pick favorites - I hated canon Sakura for a long while, and Hinata's potential to become badass clan head changing the world extraordinaire were utterly crushed and ground to dust under Kishimot's uncaring heel as she was turned into a boring, subservient housewife, makes me want to kiss you every time I see that girl moving forward in this story). I also enjoy how much more interesting and gradual the changes in worldview for some of the characters are - Gaara and Neji, to be specific. In canon it was BAM BAM, I BEAT YOU AND NOW YOU'RE REFORMED! I especially like how it wasn't Naruto who singlehandedly 'saved' Neji, and was mostly due to the efforts of many people around him. Much more fun to read.

Also, I absolutely adore this Sasuke. Canon Sasuke was a piece of shit, and I still couldn't bring myself to like him all that much even after the 'conclusion' of the series. He was still horrible. Daybreak Sasuke's love and loyalty are beautiful, it makes up for the injustice that canon had done to his character by turning him into an empty, monstrous shell of who he used to be. It also makes me furious and horrified on his behalf that he was violated in a way I find to be the most repulsive - no matter what story or which character suffers it, I will never be able to stomach having you're body being carved to like anything other than yourself. There was an SI OC fic I read, and the girl had her eyeballs replaced, and even that had me wanting nothing more than to punch her supposed friends face in. This kills me even more, because the effect is much more visible and obvious and just imagining how Itachi and everyone else will be reminded of this simply by looking at him makes me wish Godaime will hurry up and murder that fucker.
Okay rant over, I promise my next reviews won't be so rambly and riddled with gross spelling/grammar errors.
queenfirst chapter 3 . 8/28/2016
HOW COULD YOU? I TRUSTED YOU. WE ALL TRUSTED YOU!
bartlettpear chapter 9 . 7/23/2016
Action and fighting were well written, I liked it, fit into cannon well, Chojuro's a good guy.
bartlettpear chapter 8 . 7/23/2016
Tenten's casual attitude is refreshing and her banter with Neji hilarious. I'm super happy that Team 7 were good guys and didn't try to take someone else's spot. Yay for Tenten and Sakura becoming friends.
Anzu Brief chapter 1 . 7/23/2016
This is a great story. I love the bond between Sasuke and Itachi, and all the differences in their character from the canon world... I actually like Fugaku, I understand him and I think he loves both his children and that he was a great father to Itachi, though not so much for Sasuke. But your Mikoto is excellent, such a kick-ass character!
Bughaw chapter 3 . 7/14/2016