Reviews for Daybreak: Part I
Shebali chapter 32 . 4/10
Oh dear. Where do I even start.

I'm so, so greatful you finished this arc. If the first story was great the sequel is nothing short of amazing and I'm so glad I got to read it.

I'm not good with reviews. Part of it is language issues, but mostly it's psychological. I'm sure I'd have trouble putting my thoughts in words even if I was using my native language. Even so, I feel obliged to try.

You made me care for characters, and the plot was full of surprises and I love how differently things developed. You made me laugh and you made me cry and you made me stay up so late it was early just to see what happened next. And that's what I want from stories I read.

Do I expect a sequel? No. Do I hope for it? Hell yeah. Of course with you writing professionally it's unlikely. Even so, hope springs eternal. However things go, I wish you well. If you write more I'll be here to read it. Thank you so much for your work.
Ar-Pharazon - King of Numenor chapter 32 . 3/23
I am in love with this story and I am sad that you are unable to continue this story. I really love how you explored every facet of the repercussions this AU wil have, something very rare in a fanfic writer.

I would like to try my hand at Daybreak Part II. I would appreciate the challenge to continuing someone else's work.
Raeshi chapter 32 . 3/11
Great story. I really enjoyed reading it. Good luck with your original stories. Maybe one day you will complete the series or write the ending for your characters. I can hope anyway.
ReploidCat chapter 23 . 3/7
Everything went to hell real fast.
Unfortunately Unknown chapter 32 . 2/4
I'm sorry, but I have to ask, and please take it as a compliment to your writing skill. Do you possible have any outlines/ideas/plots for Daybreak: Part II?

I completely understand and accept that you want to focus on your original fiction now (I've gone and checked FictionPress, but alas, no Glasswings yet), but I would enjoy knowing just a general idea of what you had planned. Daybreak: Part I has so many interweaving plots that I really have no idea where it will go, and I'd love to know if Sakura ever succeeds in her technique, how Gaara's and Hinata's character evolution continues, if Kakashi's and Shizune's...relationship ever becomes a Relationship, what happens with Sasuke's and his new friends (I adored his story here; you can really see Mikoto shining through in his personality), and if Itachi will ever, ever get the peace he deserves. Also, any awesome moments from any character would be cool to know about.

As a side note, if you have anything, anything at all written about Minato or Kushina, I would like to read it. They're my favourite characters and you're such a good writer I know you could do them justice.

But to the point: About Daybreak: Part I in general - at first, I knew the writing was good quality and still could not summon up any interest for the story, which surprised me because I adored One Small Kindness all the way through. However, at exactly the first modified chuunin exam I started to like it and after the second exam in Suna I was smitten and by the end I was seriously, truly rooting for our team of ragtag heroes.

I nearly skipped ahead to see if Kakashi died. I was honestly pleased that Sasori was healed and I was looking forward to seeing how he reacts with Gaara, Temari, Kankuro, and Kakashi. I wondered what Shikamaru was doing back in Konoha. I was furious on Itachi's behalf about Danzo's sneak attack, and I was gleefully imagining Orochimaru's compensation for being so cruel to his people. And I couldn't wait for Sakura to develop her technique and get herself a cloak, since she really doesn't have any special powers; in canon, she just copied Tsunade but I think she could've made her own legend and I'm glad to see that acknowledged here.

Basically, what I'm saying is that right here, right now, I don't think you could have ended Daybreak: Part I better. I wish you the best of luck whatever you write and, like any true fan, harbour hope in my heart that someday you might choose to finish Daybreak.

UU
Chunq chapter 32 . 1/1
Well, ok. This was a massively ambitious project, and you exceeded my expectations.
Chunq chapter 25 . 12/29/2014
The tlot phickens.

Everything's moving at a good and entertaining clip.
Chunq chapter 23 . 12/29/2014
Oof. I saw it coming, but I didn't expect this level of crushing despair. After everything I've read, this point of the story has real weight to it.

Still, light at the end of the tunnel blah blah. As long as an ass-pull with that Uzumaki library isn't too terrible, or it doesn't even come up, I'll be happy at the end.
Chunq chapter 19 . 12/29/2014
Yeeeeaaaah... This hits way too many fanfiction warning signs for me to be comfortable with.

It was pretty exciting as it was, though.
Chunq chapter 13 . 12/29/2014
Eeeeh. This one mostly felt flat to me. I think it's because everything happened so fast. The fight with his brother, then the adventure with Team 10, then the visit with the Kyubi, then Gaara. Wham bam, done.
Chunq chapter 10 . 12/28/2014
Sasori & Orochimaru: BEST FRIENDS FOREVER. I love it.

The Aburame dialogue is on point and entertaining. Why? Because.
Chunq chapter 9 . 12/28/2014
Eh, previous review might have been too harsh since the gender stuff so rarely comes up. But when it does, it kicks me out of the story.

This chapter had nice action. The ending was a little awkward, but I like it for the extra detail on Zabuza-the-Care-Bear.
Chunq chapter 8 . 12/28/2014
I was going to save reviews for the second pass, both stories deserve a reread at some point. I've read up to here through both stories without having left a review, but I have to now.

This chapter gushed with so much damn flavor. I was smiling the entire time. The genin, the test and its proctors, girl talk, all good.

The girl talk especially. For both OSK and this, the biggest criticism I can give is this: I can't really pin down why, but it seems to me most of the things you write about women are brutishly shoving an agenda down your audience's throats. I much preferred the casual and very in-character way Tenten was about it.
rainy chapter 32 . 11/14/2014
OMG can you please please just stick with this hinting at ItaSaku thing (because you are uncomfortable with the actual relationship or else I would have totally asked for that.) I think T7 is great the way it is without any relationship. It becomes really balanced.
PimpNamedSlickback chapter 31 . 10/21/2014
This and Lost Soul are the only reviews I've ever made. That fanfic is a thing of beauty. Such excellent writing. Although your fanfic is shorter I can honestly say it is joint first in the best I've read on this site.
It pains me there is not going to be a part II.

I wish you look in any other writing opportunities you take, your skill will certainly take you far.
1,074 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »