Reviews for Daybreak: Part I
fleeting . white . feathers chapter 32 . 8/13/2013
You did not just- YOU DID NOT JUST WRITE THIS AMAZING THING TO LEAVE US ALL HANGING WITH A DAMN CLIFFHANGER! D8

THIS IS SO

THIS IS SO CRUEL I CAN'T EVEN DESCRIBE IT! D: I know you want to concentrate on your writing career and all that but-

IT PHYSICALLY HURTS.
poogle chapter 32 . 8/4/2013
Thanks for a great story! So sad to hear that you won't be continuing :( Best of luck for your future.
Serendipity chapter 32 . 7/29/2013
Well that's depressing.
Don't get me wrong. I'll definitely look up Glasswings. And I don't fault DigitalTart for moving on from Fanfiction. A lot of people DO go into it to practice writing with familiar faces. It's completely understandable to leave once doing so no longer constitutes practice, but rather repetition.
However...
Daybreak is one of the most fantastic stories I've read in a while. Not just fanfics, actual books. And I read A LOT. It's helped by the fact that, as a fanfiction, it takes place in a familiar medium, and so nostalgia, character faithfulness, and in jokes are already present and ready to be used. Those are things that OG Novels have to develop themselves, which, in my opinion, is the most difficult part of the creative process. Anyway, the idea that a story like this, which so comprehensively turns a world on its head and yet keeps it tantalizingly familiar (as well as fully utilizing a cast of underused and overused ideas, tropes, and characters, not to mention introducing a few of its own) will go unfinished, and at such a crucial turning point in the story, just as the sun is peaking over the horizon... it's depressing.
Nevertheless: thank you, DigitalTart, for writing Daybreak in the first place. Hopefully, it will inspire more people to create something like it.
And entertain even more fans. I know I was.
Serendipity chapter 24 . 7/29/2013
You know, the plight of snake summons isn't something that I've ever really thought about. Or seen addressed. But even Anko tends to throw them away like kunai. Probably cause they're less human looking then toad features, so more disposable, but still...
Clever.
Serendipity chapter 21 . 7/29/2013
Geez. That was... intense. Poor... everyone. No one came out of that feeling well.
Serendipity chapter 16 . 7/29/2013
My god. Decent advice on how to conduct yourself romantically as a teenager? Will wonders never cease?
No but seriously, it's always nice to see that. Stories that present these relationships as the end-all-be-all are kind of disgusting. After the time skip, and some traumatic events, MAYBE. But right now? Ick.
Serendipity chapter 3 . 7/26/2013
This chapter made me sadder than any other Naruto chapter I've ever read.
Well written deaths tend to do that.
SapphireOrchids chapter 32 . 7/25/2013
I've really loved reading your fics. I wish you all the best with your writing career. I do hope that one day you will complete the Daybreak series. As an aspiring writer myself, not that I've ever posted anything I've written, leaving a story incomplete is simply not something a writer does. Anyway, all the best!
badfan5 chapter 18 . 7/18/2013
Ok so I am a bad fan because I have never reviewed. Having said that I have to say your work is astounding. I love it and have become officially addicted to it. Your seen were Naruto says his family is broken but he doesn't want to lose even a piece made me cry. (and I am a big scary man lol) I must say I have never seen this idea with the forced transformation or a Gaara redemption that is more believable or closer to how a human psyche would function. If your original works are even half this good I would gladly fill my bookshelves with them. Now that I feel like a fanboy Ill leave you with the knowledge I will probably be losing sleep to finish reading this for as long as it takes.
(since I have seen many a A/N with authors complaining about not being able to respond and I have yet to make an account on then I would feel responsiblity to review [again this is my first review ever and I am always reading something fanficiton almost as much as books] my emial is )
A Passerby chapter 32 . 7/18/2013
This is pretty childish, but the only reason this story didn't make its way into my rather picky and conserved favourite list is because you of what you said about Sakura's technique... how it can rival the Hiraishin-not disagreeing with you but I'm a pretty damn hardcore Minato fan lol.
Overall it's an intriguing story, to read one of the what ifs of Naruto-verse. A lot of things change after all, when one is altered. I love the way you portray the changes and the drama you create, and the realness this story contains.
But I do agree with one of the previous reviewers... now Naruto seems way too weak, as he only has heaps of chakra, no Rasengan (some fuuton jutsu, though) while Sakura advances far more in a faster rate than canon has ever done, and Sasuke beginning to learn Sage techniques. Sure he has Will of Fire and stuff, but if only that is needed to fight, then the Academy would’ve thought charisma instead of shinobi skills.
hinatalover445 chapter 32 . 7/13/2013
1,000th review. Yay. Thanks for writing this, sucks that it's finished though.
damon chapter 32 . 7/13/2013
It was a good journey .. thanks for writing this :-)
Guest chapter 5 . 7/12/2013
... wow. naruto kinda seems like the useless one now... the only thing he has is a ton of chakra and the only reason he has that is because of the kyuubi...
ShirouHokuto chapter 32 . 7/12/2013
Fantastic chapter! I'm glad Sasori made it, after all... and that everyone else did, too (besides Chiyo and Baki ;o; ). I am sorry to hear the sequel won't be happening, because yikes, Sasuke is in a bad place, but good luck with your original work!
damon chapter 11 . 7/11/2013
Ok so the rating is for a reason ... I should ve heeded that .. that was coarse n gross n subtly educative ..
1,160 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »