Reviews for Family Ties
formerlyknownasyay chapter 12 . 9/4/2014
"He did not belong to the in-between. He was not a lost child of the divide, caught between worlds, but a beloved child of both, just as much a part of one as he was of the other. And he could be what his team needed him to be." That's beautiful.
MarissaTodd chapter 12 . 1/19/2014
Very touching moment between the royals and Kaldur. The whole story was good, too.
WhyMustIWrite chapter 12 . 5/21/2013
I ran out of time to stop and review each chapter, but I do want to come back and let you know that I greatly enjoyed your story. Some constructive criticism is that it was a little heavy on the Kaldur-angst, which seems to be an earmark of fanfiction... writers make it *too* obvious who their favorite character is, often by abusing them. :) I am guilty of the same, but trying to be more cognizant of that. Also, the scene with Aquaman weeping in Kaldur's apt felt a bit abrupt, which gave it a feeling of trying to force the Team's/the readers' sympathy. Not that it couldn't have happened. Anyway, these are minor issues, and the story itself really shines. You clearly put a lot of thought into the characters, their backgrounds, and their behaviour and emotions. You build suspense and tension, and maintain plausibility. Thank you for sharing this fic!
WhyMustIWrite chapter 5 . 5/20/2013
Ah, you certainly didn't disappoint with Kaldur's reaction to the news! Also, I really enjoyed the way you've had Manta bring the subject about- slowly, carefully, in a way that is believable and heightens suspense. That detail alone adds much to the story. Instead of being force-fed the news, Aqualad is eased into it...in a way even made to ask for it, which makes it all the harder to accept.
Also, you really touched me with Kaldur's thoughts of his own upbringing, along with the way that he is received by the surface world. In an earlier chapter, you show that some of the Team teases him out of affectionate camaraderie, but clearly he does not see it that way.
WhyMustIWrite chapter 4 . 5/19/2013
You really know how to keep the readers engaged! I meant to read only a couple of chapters before bed, and now I'm just not sure how I'll stop...
Also, can I compliment your characterization enough?
And I appreciated the odd normality of Black Manta's name.
WhyMustIWrite chapter 3 . 5/19/2013
Another excellent chapter. I'm enjoying seeing this through Kaldur's pov. Looks like the Manta reveal is going to happen much earlier! (Although, I don't know that it was actually ever established when and how Kaldur found out. I'm not finished watching YJ - have 5 episodes to go - so maybe that'll still come up.)
WhyMustIWrite chapter 2 . 5/19/2013
You've really captured the team's reactions well here and, surprisingly you have me sympathizing with *Superboy.* Sometimes I have difficulty getting past his angsty, hotheaded personality, but you made it easy.
I do wonder how AU this becomes- this story clearly takes place post "Alpha Male," but the Team has not forgiven him yet. Still, I'm sure I'll enjoy it either way- canon compliant or no.
WhyMustIWrite chapter 1 . 5/19/2013
Wonderful writing! I love your style and your characterization. You've clearly put a lot of thought into how you portray your characters and into the quality of this story- that is apparent from the first chapter. And you hook us right from the beginning! Looking forward to the upcoming chapters. :)
dragonick711 chapter 12 . 3/25/2013
All I can say is this is an awesome story.
Crazy Dyslexic Nerd chapter 12 . 2/15/2013
Oh! I just want to gush about the warm feeling in my heart! I'm not a gushing sort of person, I'm usually more of a sarcastic kind. On with the out of character gushing: you write the characters perfectly, the interactions, they're amazing! It makes me feel fluffy! And you wrote all of them well! Even if this wasn't a brilliantly written plot and well thought out story, which it is, I could read just for the characters.
Wonderful story.
-Dyslexic Nerd
ashangel101010 chapter 5 . 1/20/2013
I love the last line that the Black Manta dealt. I wonder what kind of father he will be. The story is wonderful.
g3m1n1 chapter 12 . 10/12/2012
Thank you for writing this. Kaldur needs way more love than he gets.
Mistress of Solitude chapter 12 . 7/7/2012
This is f**king Awesome!
I loved it very much3
Sorry for using crude words, but I truly really enjoyed reading this D
I love the way you wrote it
Metella chapter 12 . 6/5/2012
Are you going to write any more? :3

I would love to see Kaldur going to his ceremony. Also, he went through a terrible ordeal, and he's going to need some time to recover mentally. Some comfort scenes with M'gann would be so sweet. It's puzzling that even though he said he'd be more open, he asked her not to tell anyone. I was also kind of confused as to why Tula didn't come on the rescue with them, and that Kaldur had no reaction whatsoever to Wally's (typical) opinion of her.
Metella chapter 11 . 6/5/2012
Awww, I thought they were going to call on some sea critters to save them. ;_;

. . . I know Garth can do that in Teen Titans. Is that a rare Atlantean ability, or not . . .?