Reviews for Those Who Love Monsters
SentinelPrimeKnightOfCybertron chapter 5 . 11/26/2017
Excellent story examining the nature of horror. It was a tragedy of the distinction between human and inhuman. The ending of mutual unhappiness seems to drive the story’s main beats with no one getting what they want and being unsatisfied. Shiranui was interesting.,. To say the least. Worst best friend is right. Medaka as you admitted wasn’t properly characterized in context. The epilogue did address her perspective though it feels underwhelming due to the time skip. The end was nicely ambiguous with its open options.
Helixical chapter 5 . 9/19/2017
This was fucking brilliant. You somehow managed to write a story that nailed the major themes of two wildly different stories. Beautiful.
Wicked.A chapter 1 . 9/10/2017
That was one of the best storys i ever read ,you really dont dissapoint , nobody was ooc and you even managed to include zenkichixshinranui(i ship them) reading your story i laughed and cried (nearly) it was just wonderfull so thank you i may fav each story i like remoutly but if i could i would give you 10 out of 5 stars for this story
Mr. Haziq chapter 5 . 8/21/2017
Oh my god that ending was so GOOD!
Vladimir-spider chapter 5 . 6/21/2017
I do not know if you are even on this site anymore, but I want to say that I really enjoyed your stories. They are probably my most favourite on this site.
The first story of yours that I've read was The Hill of Swords. With me being quite a Fate fan, I considered it the best Fate crossover I've ever read. I still do so. And I used to really dislike Zero no Tsukaima. Your story definitely changed that. I can now say that while I don't really like Zero no Tsukaima, I enjoy the crossovers with it.
The second was In Flight. Again, I am a Fate fan, so it wasn't like I could skip it. I dare say I liked the Hill of Swords a bit more, but it was very interesting and epic. I guess I just didn't like it as much because I started reading it long before it was finished, so I didn't read it in one sitting. And ending was a bit bittersweet since Rin and Saber decided to leave, but I can still get behind this kind of ending.
Then of course I read stories like Debt of a Sword and
Highschool SAO. The first one came to me as like an alternative to In Flight, only much shorter. It was still a good story. The second one was a pleasant surprise at the time since I've gotten to know both SAO and DxD, so seeing a crossover was a blessing. It was a oneshot and didn't have an end to it, but it inspired others to write similar stories. I won't even bother mentioning all those In Flight omakes which I didn't read.
Then I found out you wrote Bakemonogatari crossovers as well. Seeing one with Kenichi was just so amazing. Monogatari series are one of my all-time favourites, so seeing one written by you instantly told that it would be a good story. It didn't disappoint.
This one is the one I've only read recently, because I'm not really a Medaka Box fan. Or at least, I wasn't until reading this story. Frankly, I've decided to read the manga after this one. That, and it was made by Nisio Isshin. It can't be bad if it came from Monogatari's creator, no?
I want to say that your stories are truly interesting and inspiring. Just by reading one of them makes me want to write something as well. And even if you never write anything ever again, these stories will be remembered. By me, at the very least! Thank you for your hard work!
Suzululu4moe chapter 5 . 4/8/2017
wow. its been a great story.

lol the monster compex.

lol the menstruating fact.
James chapter 5 . 1/21/2017
Incredible
Masterx01 chapter 5 . 1/13/2017
Wow... Isnt every day i read this kind of story... i can almost say that this was the first one that i read with this kind of pseudo-horror setting... not the type of fic that i seek but... i liked it althought it was a little bitter specially with Zenkichi's family diying like that... and he himself being pushed to seek his own end due the weight of the solitude and emotional baggage due to the lost of his loved ones...

The time of the end, when all the things change and those good moments that you has have shared with your loved ones come to final to never come back and that only memories remain about it until even that disappear... Truthly a sad thing...

Indeed, a character only can be labeled as an OCC when they, without any apparent reason, motive or good excuse, act in a way that its out of their normal behavior or personality given by the set of circunstances in his/her story.

Man, seriously... again, this isnt the type of story that you will find high in my list of preferences to read, when was the last time i read something like this? i dont quite remember but, come on! How is posible that there arent more stories like this in this site? Everything around here is just nonsensical trash about harems most of the time, and even between those harem fics few are well made enough to just not be seen as a self-insert perverted fetish fantasy like Arifureta and all that trashy webnovels that as been poping from the woodwork in this last years and being enjoyables instead of being disgusting D:
Mon937 chapter 5 . 10/30/2016
This and Don't Look are stories I end up coming back to at the very least every Halloween. To remind me, in this world where jump scares and gore are considered to be horror, what real horror is. The bottomless dread and insurmountable trials set before our protagonists for which there is no good ending. Thank you for writing these true testaments to what the genre is supposed to be.

Probably be right be here next year.
Silver chapter 5 . 8/31/2016
You sir are amazing, I couldnt stop reading this story
Reginleif2004 chapter 5 . 8/28/2016
Is it bad that I laughed at the thought of Zenkichi literally living in Medaka's Shadow? That aside, this is an epic piece, the kind of story you can't help but re-read. The ending was very horror-esque in the sense that while different endings are possible, all of them are a bad end for our protagonist from his perspective. Really enjoyed the story, and if you never update anything again, I'm sure I won't be the only one to thank you for producing so many excellent stories.
Urdarum chapter 5 . 6/25/2016
This has been one of my favorite stories since I read it back when it was still being written. I really glad to have found it again and thankful to you for having wrote such a masterpiece. Thanks, truly thanks.
Guest chapter 5 . 6/21/2016
Beyond Stunning. I have no other words to describe this.
Ibskib chapter 5 . 6/8/2016
A shame there isn't an epilogue to see what happened to those crazy kids, it's not designated a tragedy so it would have been wonderful to see them as together, perhaps as monsters, but still together. :-)
I've never been much of a fan of leaving things open ended.
kabs9000 chapter 5 . 5/12/2016
Wow, a very fitting ending