Reviews for The Black
eyann85 chapter 5 . 6/6
Epic!
blackdisk chapter 5 . 10/11/2014
large update in the near future huh? what didja forget or somethin? i only ask as i have discovered that i rather like firefly and harry potter crosses and this is one of the better ones if incomplete. thusly i would love to see it finished.
Guest chapter 5 . 9/20/2014
I hope you update this story soon
Blackravens5 chapter 5 . 9/11/2014
I hope you update soon :) its a great story
Amaretto08 chapter 5 . 1/8/2014
I'm really enjoying you're style of writing. It progresses naturally and draws the reader in with descriptive language without bashing the reader in the face with flowery words. Overall, this is very well edited although there are still a few errors that sneak through here and there. Like when Wash first dampens the rag with ether in Winter III, the word "films" sits jarringly in the middle of the sentence instead of the word "fumes." Damn you spell-check!

I'm very much looking forward to more from you. As for the creature, I want to guess werewolf, but that doesn't seem to match what happened to Byrd.
NaruxRena chapter 5 . 9/18/2013
Oh god, I can't find anything on it, please tell us soon!
TheWickedTruth89 chapter 5 . 9/16/2013
Great chapter, can't wait for more.
TheWickedTruth89 chapter 2 . 9/15/2013
Interesting idea.
TheWickedTruth89 chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
Interesting idea
nim istar chapter 4 . 9/12/2013
hungry wolves will attack anything if they think they can take it down. generally they wont attack from the front though, especially if they are in a pack.
Uberlemming chapter 5 . 8/22/2013
Well, so far this has been a dream story come true, I have waited quite a while for anyone to do a really good HP/Firefly cross in this vein (Brown coat, green eyes doesn't count as it is awesome but a completely different type of story and a different type of Harry). I was especially fond of the way you introduced Nemo as the operative. Are you going to continue with this story or is it abandoned and should I give up all hope of it being continued?
Beserked2 chapter 5 . 8/4/2013
Shiny.

I've finally found a decent HP/Firefly crossover - well done, well done. Your characterization - of everyone but Harry - is pretty bloody awesome. I'm quite impressed, actually, that you've written River's perspective so well. It's not madness - which I think a lot of people make the mistake of doing. She's so intuitive, and her thoughts are too fluid for me to grab on to one for long, and I love that because it feels like that's exactly how she was in canon. I didn't pay much mind to Shepard when I watched the series, but I appreciate your version of him. You've made me notice him - and Mal and Zoe were just as well written too. They're relationship, especially so.

You're perspective shifts are awesome too, by the way. You've got a nice balance going on with them, and I appreciate that because there hasn't been a side of the story that's been neglected. Harry's side of the story is moving along at the same pace as Mal's and River's, even. Though I'll admit, you'll have to flesh out Harry/Nemo's storyline a bit more because there hasn't been enough of that. You haven't given us enough of an explanation as to why Harry's on St Albans, or why he's sabotaging Alliance communications. BUT man, when I found out about Nemo I just about threw a fit. His reveal was a nice little touch - and that line, his line was genius - because I had no idea Nemo was the assassin from Serenity.

Best thing about this FIc though, has to be the language. Most people riddle their Fic's with apostrophe's and clip the ends of words and think that's all there is to it - it's not. It's so not. I'm amazed actually, at how well-written the dialogue is. It's like I'm watching the movie all over again.

So, I'm done with being a kissass. I'll be honest - maybe there's a bit too much mystery going on. I know it's your Fic and you'll do with it what you please, but even though I enjoyed reading this I am a bit lost. And are we going to stay on St Albans for the entirety of the Fic? I'm not too fussed about where Luna is or when she comes back, but I'd like to know what happened to Inara. Sirius, too. I like that this is heavily Firefly-based it's a bit lacking with the 'magic factor'. I'm just making observations, so y'know... don't flame.

Sorry this review's all over the place. It's nearly 4 a.m. so let's blame the lack of sleep for that. This was such a clever, well thought out and well written story, so how can I not follow? Don't abandon it.

Looking forward to the next update.
shugokage chapter 5 . 7/12/2013
Interesting story good luck!
Woeful Indeed chapter 5 . 7/12/2013
Werewolf?
Anyway, I'm really enjoying the story so far, you have done a wonderful job of making the characters seem real! I look forward to the next part.
IWill chapter 4 . 7/10/2013
The story looks promising so far, but a few things are bugging me: 1. Why does Harry hate wolves so much that he likes killing them and doesn't even put the one that's still alive out of its misery? 2. Since when are lone wolves bigger than pack wolves? 3. If the wolf's so big, why are its tracks small?

And then there's the stuff about Harry's wand and magic and Luna and Sirius that other people also asked about.