Reviews for Deus Ex Human Revolution: Trust is Hard
Danish Existence chapter 8 . 6/9/2013
This was pretty nice! I especially liked that you showed both characters' perspective. My first thought when I began reading this chapter was actually that I wished I knew what Adam thought.
If I may say what else would have made this chapter even more interesting for me, it would be putting this situation in perspective. You've done that a bit, for example when you told how this was the first intimate situation for Adam since he had been augmented. I just wish there was some similar information about Li, whom we know so little about. The focus has been exclusively on the physical experience (which was undoubtedly nice), but what does she think and feel about it? I hope some of this will be revealed in future chapters.
I look forward to find out what you have in store for the two from here on, and thanks for your good work!
Danish Existence chapter 7 . 6/5/2013
Yes, it was mean of you to end the chapter here, but you can make up for it with a quick update. ;) After this chapter, what I want most is to read the rest of the story, and to find out where you plan to take the characters. But I enjoy the journey, and I appreciate that you're giving attention and time to everything: plot and context, character development and of course smut (yay!).
Mitasova chapter 7 . 6/5/2013
Yes, you were very mean to end it like this, but I'm willing to wait a little longer to see Adam and Li knocking boots )) I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Tbh, I'm hoping that you won't abandon the plot stuff completely in favor of romantic interactions. I like the chnages you've made to the story and wouldn't mind to know what the deal is with the hacker you introduced in the beginning. You call, of course, but that would be nice. I like Li very much, especially how, well, ordinary she is. The "tough, edgy chick with a gun" archetype started irking me lately - Li is strong and resilient, but within capabilities of a normal person. I'd like to know more about her augmentations that you've mentioned earlier tho.

Have you seen the announcement for Deus ex: The Fall, btw?
Chemicalsparrow chapter 7 . 6/4/2013
Extremely well written and captivating... Keep up the Awesome work! (even if you have to have the cliff hangers!)
Mitasova chapter 6 . 6/3/2013
Ouch, poor Adam. Things are definitely getting ... interesting between Li and him, interesting and uncomfortable. I like that you develop their interactions rather prosaically - as mostly physiological response from Jensen. Makes sense - at this point in the game he's still deeply invested in Megan and what supposedly happened to her in the Sarif labs.

Also great that you set up the Jensen-Sarif relationship as not being all roses, and Jensen as being pretty much anti aug. Too many fanfic writers make them to be very friendly with each other, and that never made much sense to me - Sarif chopped off the limbs he thought Jensen wouldn't need, wtf. That would make anyone resentful of the SOB who did that. In short, take as much time as you need, you're doing great. Very deft and thought-provoking story you have here, and I'm glad you're not abandoning it.
Danish Existence chapter 6 . 6/2/2013
Ok, you're forgiven!
Just kidding, apropos your apology. ;)
Now seriously, I can wait for as long as it takes for you to write, no pressure. Writing can't be hurried, so don't worry about it. I'm simply glad to know you intend to continue this story. It stuck with me from the very first chapter, and it wasn't easy to forget even when the update was delayed.

I enjoyed this chapter a lot. Most of all I enjoyed the situations of forced intimacy that you created. They made me smile, and it was simply enjoyable to read. They weren't as intense as the scene in the alley, that literally got imprinted in my brain, but just as enjoyable nonetheless.
I also like a lot the way you describe both the situations and the characters. "the darkness almost seemed to have substance" or "shitty little cave of a bathroom" are such great descriptions!

Something else I appreciate a lot is the balance between the bigger picture regarding the society, and the characters' personal life, and how you merge the two aspects. In lack of better words, I would call it zooming in and out. This zooming in and out is done very smoothly, and it makes the story more rich and interesting.

Thank you for the great entertainment you provided me with. As always, I look forward to read more.
Lucine92 chapter 5 . 5/27/2013
I'm so glad that you've continued this story, after the last chapter, I really wanted to read more but it's been sooooo long I almost thought that you abandoned it. But seems you didn't, so I hope the updates will come a bit faster than this last one, because I really enjoy this story (one of my favourite DX:HR fanfics actually) :)
Keep up the good work, looking forward to the next chapter. :)
Mitasova chapter 5 . 5/27/2013
Sooo happy you have not abandoned this story, because it has so many outstanding qualities - nice world building, keeping the characters in character first and foremost. You're keeping close to the events of the game, and at the same time add enough to keep the reader guessing and not turn it into just a retelling. And of course, your OC is very engaging and not a Mary Sue at all. I want very much to learn more about her. Please keep up this excellent story!
Danish Existence chapter 5 . 5/27/2013
Oh, I can't tell you how glad I am about this update! I thought you had given up om this story, and I was really sad about it, because I simply love your writing and this story.
What I'd like say about this particular chapter: I wish there was more of it, but of course, a short chapter is better than no chapter. :) I loved the dialogue between Adam and Pritchard, I think you keep them amazingly well in their original character. Also, very interesting plot twist regarding Li, and her being more than meets the eye. I have one single observation - I wish there was some sort of clear indication there, where the point of view changes - it would make it easier to understand right away who's doing the thinking.
I look very much forward to future updates, and thanks for your great work!
Guest chapter 4 . 7/25/2012
doubt that youll ever continue this
atomicplaygirl chapter 2 . 5/9/2012
Like this story, and the alleyway scene is hot. ) I am not 100% bought in that he needs to drag Li around, but can push that aside. Like the venue for the story as well; new compared with where DE:HR really takes place. You got the 'feel' of Adam Jensen down pretty well, too.

Thanks for taking the time to write it and share. Excited to read more!
Mitasova chapter 4 . 1/8/2012
I'm glad you updated this story, it's wonderful. I very much like how you integrate gameplay elements into the text - makes you remember that this is a piece of fiction based on a videogame (a great videogame at that). And bless you for working "I never asked for this" into your fic. Your characterization of Adam is superb.

The only uncertainty that I had while reading was this - if they had to go to such lengths to smuggle Li over the border, how on earth are they planning to get Jensen through? I hope this will be answered in the future. Waiting for updates. :)
Danish Existence chapter 4 . 1/6/2012
I think I said it before, but I'll say it again. It's an excellent story, with an original and interesting twist of the game's story. I think you're really good at balancing description and dialogue, and to reveal just enough information to pick the reader's interest and leave him/her desiring more. You do an excellent job with revealing the characters' personalities as well. Adam's bitterness is almost palpable. "Top of the fucking line," he replied as he stared at his hand. He is very believable in my opinion.

In conclusion I really enjoy your story, and thanks again for sharing, it is much appreciated.
HellzCrusader chapter 4 . 1/5/2012
Amusingly enough sarif is one of the few companies in the game who despite having those clauses in the contracts would rather convince his people to get augmented than force them into it. Although adam was a fairly extreme case. Excellent chapter!
HellzCrusader chapter 4 . 1/5/2012