Reviews for Misstep in the Right Direction
Aki666 chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
Hehe, finally a happy Naruto and Hinata in the first chapter. At least they both have a friend in each other so far.

Well I wonder what's going to happen in the next chapter?

But first a few words that is my motto.

I don't expect you to update right away. I know you have a life out side of your computer and you have an Actually Life that you most live. I'm not nor will I ever be one of those people that will ask you to update right away. Even if you don't finish this story I'll still read it over and over until you take it down.

So with that said have a happy and awesome life and I hope you live it to the fulliest! Ja Ne~!
miner249er chapter 1 . 11/4/2011
cute
dragonlord1337 chapter 1 . 11/3/2011
Its a nice start looking forward to where this story will go from here.
SourGrapes101 chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
Well, like I promised in the NaruHina FC, here's that review for you. I'll try to be as honest with my comments as possible, which means pointing out the negatives as well as the positives of the fic, but this was definitely a good start and it was well written and solidly structured throughout, so yeah, good job.

Ok, firstly I liked your portrayal of Naruto and Iruka - their relationship felt pretty much spot on, with Naruto's over-enthusiasm and Iruka's 'father figure' role very engaging. Hinata's characterisation was probably the best of all though; you kept her shyness and confidence issues intact without overplaying them (which is something I see far too many writers doing) and her feelings for Naruto were nicely done. It's too early for it to be genuine love at this stage, but the affection and admiration that spark her later love were here and it made the fluffy moments in the chapter all the sweeter.

I was also impressed by how well you were able to set the scene. Your writing flowed very naturally for pretty much the entire chapter and your descriptions were all excellent, especially the one where Hinata felt that Naruto was free from 'labels.' The sparring scene between Naruto and Sasuke was definitely a highlight as well, with the 'tension' built up to just the right extent with Naruto's thoughts in the lead-up and Hinata's voice fitting in just right without any sign of being forced.

However, my main point of criticism, if I had to give one, would be that the relationship between Naruto and Hinata progresses much too quickly. In the space of a single chapter Naruto goes from not knowing her name to thinking he might be in love - it all felt unneccessarily rushed and, to be honest, a tiny bit forced. Don't get me wrong, it was cute and all, but Naruto's feelings felt out of place considering he doesn't even know what love is at this stage in his life. I'm sure he'd treasure the bond he makes with Hinata, but not in a romantic sense at all, and he seemed a little too perceptive towards Hinata's feelings to be entirely in-character. Don't get me wrong, he wasn't ridiculously out of character by any means, as you captured his eagerness nicely, but Naruto's density didn't fully come across here, especially with how easily he responds to Hinata's feelings throughout the chapter. He just didn't seem quite as clueless as I'd expect.

Also, I couldn't help but feel that you maybe tried to fit too much action into a single chapter. Personally, I thought that you could've extended the sparring scene a bit more and ended the chapter with Naruto inviting Hinata to skip class with him - the way the chapter is now is hardly bad, but the pacing did feel a little frenzied and there's so much happening in the chapter that it might've been better to pin it down to just one or two key scenes, rather than attemtpting to fit in so much at once. Still, that's only a minor point and more personal preference than anything else, so don't feel like it's a scathing criticism or anything.

Ok, that's just about everything I was going to say. Sorry if it came across as overly harsh anywhere, just trying to be as blunt as possible with the feedback. All in all, I'd say this has the makings of being a decent story, depending on the direction you take it, and the idea that sparked it off was a nice, original take on the 'Naruto befriending Hinata at the Academy' theme that's been done many times before. Hopefully this review was at least a little bit useful for you and even though this story wasn't perfect the good parts definitely outweighed the bad and it was more than worth the read.
infiniteternity chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
I cannot wait for this upcoming "lesson" if it's going to be what I think it's going to be haha. Thank you, as always, for your wonderful works of fiction. You always have the most interesting ways to turn conventional NaruHina ideas into something fantastic. Thank you for this. Please continue soon.
bk00 chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
This is absolutely adorable! Too cute and can't wait for more if there is going to be!
Reishin Amara chapter 1 . 10/21/2011
...wow,ive never seen naruto done this way before.o.o and thats saying alot considering my fanfiction favorties...i believe number around 7000?
TwiceMarked chapter 1 . 10/21/2011
I think I'll thank DreadedRasengan for this one, not blame him. I always enjoy it when it looks as if another good naruhina story has been added to fanfiction and as of now, this one has all the hallmarks of it. Looking forward to your next update. Hope it's soon!
kibagaaralover18 chapter 1 . 10/21/2011
This sounds really good. I wonder what Iruka is gonna teach Naruto? Guess i'll just have to keep ready to find out.
Jewlbunny chapter 1 . 10/21/2011
I love it! This is one of the best beginnigns I've vere read for a Naruto fic.
Christopher Scott chapter 1 . 10/21/2011
Interesting. I look forward to what is to follow, especially the lesson Naruto will receive on love. Please update at your , Christopher Scott: A Gentleman Thief
kaito kenshin chapter 1 . 10/21/2011
thanks enjoyed this story, has lots potential.

hope you will up date soon with the next chapter.
EbonPurlight chapter 1 . 10/21/2011
interesting change in the verse I think so far that I am going to be very pleased with this new story keep it up and I can not wait for .
Raptor2001 chapter 1 . 10/21/2011
It is nice and lighth humor then I want see more chapter in your story but take your time don't rush it t. I can wait for up to year.

I hope you write with plot and development character than pairing.

I will wait for your update
Z LOT847 chapter 1 . 10/21/2011
This seems like a really good story. Keep it up.
1,271 | « Prev Page 1 .. 74 81 82 83 84 85 Next »