Reviews for Sent From Heaven
pyracanth chapter 1 . 5/15/2014
Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/8/2014
This is a little too preachy. It sounds as if it were written out of selfishness instead of actual emotion. Writing should come fluidly and not be forced. It seems like you wanted the story to have a sense of righteous, but it just came out as sanctimoniousness and incredibly sappy.

Less is more.
Scoobycool9 and Luckycool9 chapter 1 . 12/15/2013
I just love this story! I don't know why, though! I just see the emotional depth in it! This was a great story and that's all I can say!
Narwhale chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
I can honestly say; I had no idea people posted fanfiction stories related to the bible!

But wow, I am impressed. Indeed, if anyone was to try and comprehend the thoughts of God, then you would have come pretty close! Of course, we all know that there is a purpose for everything, why things are the way they are, and only He can truly understand that. You've captured His essence, as well as the human nature, pretty well. I like how you include a bit of biblical history; Joshua is a favorite book of mine from the Old Testament, as it has inspired me alot.

Your story is also very inspiring. Glad to know not all stories on here are about Twilight and Harry Potter (not that they are bad). Thank you for sharing this!
IluvJesus chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
Can I just say...
BEST STORY EVAH!
Carol Molliniere chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
I like this story very much, especially God's explanations. It answers a lot of my questions I had on my part, particularly about God and Jesus's relationship.

I don't know what to say about this. I love this so much.

Carol M.
Aspiring Hobby chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
Wow! I am just Wow! I am just breathless with these words. As mentioned in the story, you really have painted a beautiful picture with your words. And the best thing I liked about this is the last line.

"And those of us who are left behind on the earth will miss her and cry for her even while knowing that she's home."

I really liked it.

Guest chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
This is SLS. I feel bad now...I suggested about watching the spelling of names, and then I misspelled your name! :( I'm so sorry! For some weird reason, I keep thinking "Corinne" has two r's. Please know that I greatly enjoyed your writing! It was wonderful!
Sassy Lil Scorpio chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
Corrine, you've written a very intriguing story here.

I really like the details here: like how God enjoyed discussing the color of sunsets with Adam and how he described loving His creation. His reaction when He says “sin happened” really illustrates how painful the separation is for God. Although this is mentioned in church and in the Bible a lot...it was interesting to read this is in your story and picture God grimacing at the mention of it.

I also really enjoyed reading God's view on the Fall, how he viewed it and what it meant for him.: betrayal. This really got me because I never thought of God feeling betrayed due to Adam's and Eve's choices. And the way you illustrated made sense and really made me think. The line that stood out to me was “With all the power I possess I could not heal my own broken heart.” That is really deep.

I also like the passage where He explains that He went from being “friend” to “God” and how the separation increased and people feeling empty and knowing something wasn't right. I think that's true of today's world. We, as humans, try to fill the void we have in many ways, but the void can only be filled by having a relationship with God. I love that the soul called Him “Abba”...it reminds me of how in my former church we used to have a song with the phrase “Abba Father”.

The part about Jesus was spectacular! How Jesus is a part of God (the Holy Trinity), and yet is human with all our human weaknesses and needs. This was so wonderful to read and again, really intriguing to consider God's take on the matter of Jesus and why He sent him. Many times in church, as I've learned, it's for us to be reconciled with God. You seem to illustrate that here. I also liked how God talked about Jesus before He sent him, how it was when he was born, Jesus'childhood, and him having wisdom of God because he is from God. This part about Jesus wanting to teach others and some not wanting to hear – this is so true, even of today. Sometimes even believers don't want to hear from God.

The part where God says He turned away for just a moment—I'm guessing you meant here when Jesus is on the cross and He says “My God, why have you forsaken me.” Honestly, this part of your story brought me to tears because I remember thinking for a long time that God or Jesus doesn't understand what we go through as humans (sadness, abandonment, misery, etc) until someone once told me God knows because of how when Jesus was on the cross, God turned from him in that moment. Again, to read it from God's view was really thoughtful and heartwrenching. To really think that God feels hurt and pain makes Him appear more human and really easier to be relate to.

The part about Heaven...about people making amends, loving each other, having peace...this was beautiful. You illustrate God's insight and wisdom here really well. I mean, I'm not sure how we would illustrate that as writers or be able to understand God's wisdom, but for God to tell the soul that He will send her to earth to experience the evil so that she can see what is good—this was very interesting. I also really enjoyed God telling her how living in the world will be...that there is beauty and He will be there for her...but yes, it's so true that there are distractions in this world.

Overall, this was a very beautiful and deeply touching story. I hope that writing this gave you peace about the young lady you knew. I really liked the idea or possibility that we are souls with God that He eventually sends down and then we return to Him. I really loved reading this. It was truly breathtaking. I enjoy reading stories that have conversations with God. It's always an experience to wonder how God would speak with us...I mean I believe God does communicate with us, but to read these conversations...I don't know how to explain it. It's really special. Thank you for writing this. Usually I have suggestions or concrit, but none come to mind, except to just be mindful of spellings (Daniel instead of Danial), but nothing major comes to mind. This was a amazing!
JadedPhoenixBurning chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
A sweet story.
Moxxy chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
Hello! :) you dont know me, but i read this story a while back. I dont know why I never reviewed until now. But, I just felt I needed to let you know that this story has blessed me beyond belief. I'm so in love with it and it helped tweak my persepctive in a few ways. I always think of this story when my mind begins to wander, wondering why God put me here in the first place.

Thank you so very much for writing this! It's truely beautiful and amazing :) God bless!
civilwarrose chapter 1 . 12/7/2011
This is absolutely beautiful! You are a gifted writer. I just happened across your profile, and was hesitant to click on something that could be considered 'fan fiction' to the Bible because I am a Christian and wouldn't want to be offended, but this is wonderful! Perfect for this holiday season, too.
Raum chapter 1 . 11/28/2011
Thank you!

I'm Christian and I appreciated it very much. You're such a fine writer!

Congrats,

- Raum
Ivorygirl1990 chapter 1 . 11/24/2011
What a beautiful story! Your description of the Father's love is so tangible! Really special! Blessings to you on this Thanksgiving Day! 3
Taraum chapter 1 . 11/16/2011
Beautiful. Exquisitely well written and wonderfully handled. Although I don't agree with the totality of your conceptualization of God, this touched me in a way that few things have. I think it helped explain and perhaps answer the age-old question of "Why?". I know that I've certainly asked myself that question many times in this life, and although the answers I found here perhaps did not give me peace, they helped me see things from a different point of view, a better point of view. And I truly don't wish to sound like I'm saying your writing was ineffective because it didn't give me peace...I just have a hard time with accepting things that are painful, regardless of the reason. But regardless, I think the systematic way you broke down history and God's relationship with people, along with possible reasons for the things that have happened was extremely good. It was logical and reasoned, but also expressed with a depth of emotion that I'd never considered God having before. Although I've always known that God experiences emotions if we do (after all, are we supposed to be a reflection of him?), I'd never really been able to consider Him from that point of view. But by writing him in a manner I could relate to, you have helped me see a different side of things. Thanks, again, for writing this. And I read the profile comments describing your frustration about never getting reviews. Well, may I just say that yes, you are an incredibly talented writer. I found no grammar errors in this and it was handled with the utmost care and concern. I truly hope to see more from you in the future; and if you ever do get published, I'd love to read what you've written!

~Taraum~