Reviews for Poppies
Couture Girl chapter 1 . 12/22/2012
This was a bit creepy with the whole opium and victorian brothel feeling. But it was nice, a change that I liked. Short and sweet with it all. I felt a bit scared for Rod being in that place, all ugly and then I immediately knew where he was n_n it was funny. The descriptions that you gave were exquisite, very well done :) That had to be my favorite part, you describing how Rod felt with the opium, it was beautiful. And Rab, like were were talking about he's different, taking control, action. I love it! Well done :)

Much love!

C.G.
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
Good job on this. Your descriptions were very good, as was your dialogue, and I think the use of drugs made the incest/slash even more realistic in this. You wrote the dark theme and this pairing very well, and I really thought the ending sentence fit so well with the rest of the piece. This was very well-written also, and I did not notice any spelling or grammar mistakes. I think the fact that this is more implied Rodolphus/Rabastan than actual descriptions of them also helps set the tone as well, considering that they were both in a haze for the entire night. A lot of times, fics like this can have a rather awkward tone to them, but yours did not have that at all. I liked this fic as well.
sweaterweather21 chapter 1 . 1/12/2012
Very chilling. The way the whole Rodolphus/Rabastan thing came about because of opium made the incest a bit more believable. Your descriptions of the building were very vivid, and I was able to picture Rabastan sprawled out on the couch lazily and Rodolphus being a bit shocked but lost after his first breath.

The ending was also done well, it doesn't seem awkward at all (though it should be) most likely because of the drugs still in their blood. And of course the last line was the icing on the cake, the perfect touch. Brilliant work, you made such a dark theme and pairing melt together wonderfully.
Linale Ashley M chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
Very interesting, i've never thought of poppies and opium together before. I love Rab and Roddy alot but i usually won't read the incest ones about them but this was great!
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
Even though I've never been into these characters, I did like this. Your opening line is great. It fits perfectly and you find out that the night wouldn't end as innocently as it began.

You had me hooked from the beginning and I really visualized the thigns you were describing. I saw no grammar mistakes.

Overall, good job :D
Mr Bellatrix Lestrange chapter 1 . 10/22/2011
Ooh, pretty AB. I liked it very much! Here I see how Rabolphus works, and I did enjoy it. The description of opium and of what happened, the haze and all that, was really spot-on perfection. There was a powerful emotional feel. It's addictive ;) You made this really good, well done AB. Kudos :)
obsessivegirl73 chapter 1 . 10/21/2011
Well, that was interesting. I don't think I'll ever be able to get rid of the image of the poppies in Wizard of Oz having opium in them now lol. Nice job! :D