Reviews for One Moment
mew chapter 1 . 2/11/2017
*grins to match the sun* Please do more of these! This was so cute and I love these characters!
CrazyAce'n'PokerFace chapter 1 . 3/11/2014
this is so darn happy; i wish they could've stayed this way. .
DarkSecretWaterbender chapter 1 . 9/2/2013
This is really good. I like the idea of Azulon spending time with his family and actually being happy with them. I can see this happening.

Also, the part where Iroh carried Ozai out to the water was hilarious!
Cavallo Alato chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
That...was so precious. :D
Shadow Flame 777 chapter 1 . 4/4/2013
I love this!
GlenPoint chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
Nice, I love fics that focus on the interaction between the fire nation royal family. Yeah... can't really think of anything else to say (I'm horrible at reviewing), but thanks for writing and sharing this!
Lord Lelouch chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
I have to admit this is a very well done one-shot.

I have to agree with your theory that Azulon probably did not actually mean that he wanted Ozai to kill Zuko when he said "you too shall suffer the loss of a first born son". No that I think more on it I have to agree.

The saddest part is that if Lu Ten did not die I'm pretty sure that Aang would have lost even if he had mastered all four element with the avatar state and united the other nations against the Fire Nation. Azulon was really right when he claimed that combining Lu Ten brilliance(which surpassed Iroh's according to you) together with Azula's and adding Zuko's determination, stubbborness and tenacity would have made the Fire Nation unbeatable. It sad that all his hopes were destroyed because Lu Ten died. I think Lu Ten's death was what sealed the fate of the royal family.

Azulon just lost Lu Ten his eldest son's only son and thus the second in line for the throne after Iroh. With him gone Iroh has no living heir thus the throne would pass on to Ozai after Iroh but Azulon knew Ozai has a vicious streak of cruelty and by then he would probably have noticed that Azula did as well. Plus Zuko was still young and could still be taught and trained the way Azulon would have wanted. As a bonus had now shown that he was a fire bender therefore able to take the title Fire Lord if necessary. So yeah he probably would not have ordered Zuko death as that would have threatened the line of succession even further.

Azulon may not have been the kindest of men but he was an effective and perhaps ruthless leader but not a monster. He simply did what was necessary to ensure his nation's victory and to see to what was best for his nation. Even in the real world this usually happens at the cost of other nations well being.
LordAeolus chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
This is fairly well-written, and it gives a reasonable back-extrapolation of the canon characters. You give a nice humanizing portrait without turning them OOC.

My only real criticism is that you fail to provide the "oomph" that a good one-shot needs to really satisfy. It's a revealing little slice-of-life, but nothing remarkable. 2/5 or 3/5.

As an aside, your theory about Azulon's order is interesting, and it would work with a different characterization (namely Vathara's). Unfortunately, it doesn't quite fit with how your portray him.

Yes, he regards Iroh as a preferable heir. But he also considers Lu Ten, the brilliant and charismatic strategist, the ideal second-in-line. Now, who's Lu Ten redux (in his opinion, at least)? Azula. With Lu Ten dead, I suspect that his preferred line of succession runs IrohAzulaOzaiZuko (the last two might be switched). Your Azulon would never actively try to make Zuko Iroh's heir. At most, he would accept it as an unfortunate happenstance and make provisions for an effective regency.

Of course, that doesn't exclude the possibility that he's manipulating Ozai into killing Zuko, providing him with an excuse to execute or banish Ozai in turn. He could set up the first two elements of his preferred succession without denting his reputation or perceived integrity. Even if Ozai refused, he could still banish him and come up with another way to shunt Zuko aside.

All of that undone by a mother's love...
Separate-The-Earth chapter 1 . 12/20/2011
Aww I loved this so much! :3

I giggled and laughed so much during this, it was a good thing no one was home. lol

I enjoyed how it was from Azulon's point of view, and how he's not a total ass. :D

Haha the Ozai and Iroh part reminded me of when my brother tossed me in the ocean. lol And the fact that Azulon reminds me of my grandfather makes me smile more. :D

I'm shocked this doesn't have more reviews.