Reviews for Supreme Reflections: Volume 2
Dr.Sugarcakes chapter 1 . 8/15/2014
I like this Cyclops more than in other medias. In comics he doesn't seem to do anything anymore, movies are a joke and games shouldn't be even mentioned here.
KasugaRomio chapter 5 . 6/13/2014
Really fun POV's. Characters are a lot deeper than they look... or act.
warfolomei chapter 5 . 3/12/2013
I don't know much about canon Drake, except that he is a jokester without much depth. Even marvel wiki didn't have this much of information on him. Suprisingly the more mature character out of the bunch, with a good idea of his role on the team. Maybe even a bit cold.. it feels like he isn't on best terms with everyone and doesn't really consider himself as part of the family. Seems like been abandoned by his friends\parents left a big scar and he unknowingly distances himself from most people with this persona.
Pretty good insight, especially about his powers going out of control and causing mayhem.. must have been quite a sight.
warfolomei chapter 4 . 3/11/2013
How can anyone take a conversation with Warren seriously ? Dude has angel wings for cry out loud. It's like batman winning every argument with "My parents were killed" finishing line. Distracting and not to mention quit funny when they react to his mood, like a chicken trying to intimidate a penguin.
Otherwise a good presentation of the character. The way of thinking that comes from that kind of upbringing and confronting what happened to his mother. Having to grow too fast, which explains the mix of his somehow rational thinking and rich brat mentality.
He was still a bit naive, seemingly think that every family was like his own. Putting Candy into that position was a bit insensitive. Even though she held him by the marbles all this time... no wonder he was so blue with anger.
As always dramatic and brings light to the characters history. Good work.
warfolomei chapter 1 . 12/13/2012
This chapter pretty much explanes why he is my most favorite X-men.
It's a bit unusual to read him thinking "out loud" so much and it could have gone wrong on so many levels, but as usual you make it work. Really shows your understanding of the character. Ending it with Jean Gray was a wise choice.

Three wise monkeys ... "see no evil (Cyclopes), hear no evil (?), speak no evil (Black Bolt)"
warfolomei chapter 2 . 12/12/2012
Are you freaking kidding me with this ? What am I supposed to say after something like that ? How do you expect me to go back now...
Talk about putting work into a chapter. If your book is anything close to this.. I am so getting it.
It's ridiculous actually. There is nothing new or groundbreaking here, it's just things done the right way for once.
Deeper explanation of how we got here. Emotions we can understand and relate to on some levels. I usually have minor things that bug me in your works, but ... I have nothing. It even explained some things I missed.
They are my favorite couple and your work reminds me why.
You better not mess this up !
warfolomei chapter 3 . 12/10/2012
I know " What is he doing reading this now ?" right.
Well, apparently I am one of those people who has to read things in chronological order, otherwise bad thing happen with my concentration.
Again you surprise me. Beast is another character I rarely paid much attention to. There was this set picture of him in my head and I went with it. This is so much more than that. Talk about a self study... starting with the chalkboard and ending with a new conviction. Struggle and mistakes, even if we are older it doesn't always mean we are wiser. We forget what we learn and repeat same mistakes.
You managed to show his actions and all that followed them, things that brought him here. His father, mother, Xavier, Carley and the life before X-men. Giving reasonable answers to some of his more surprising actions and opening new questions to explore later.
Good work in telling his origins, drive and realizations.
The Writer with No Name chapter 5 . 12/20/2011
And I'm all caught up! I see your in-depth look at Bobby takes place in the wake of his darkest hour: his breakup with Lorna. Correction: his breakup with Lorna who left him to look after her dad; OUCH. Poor guy. Plus, Kitty needs to work on her consoling skills...not that there's much that anybody could do at this point. It's sadly fitting that the team jokester has trouble with the serious stuff; with all the seriousness he's dealt with, it makes sense that he'd hide behind being the comedy relief. I guess doing it since he was a kid and through his early teen years means that the habit stuck, huh? Nice touch with how his powers emerged; you even worked in a nod to his snowman-form! lol But re-living the disaster that his relationship with Lorna turned into wasn't funny; sure, he probably should've seen the signs, but then he wouldn't have been the snow-cone goofball we all know and love, would he? At least he's starting to bounce back, and in the perfect way, too! This was a perfect way to end Reflections, my friend! Excellent work! You should be proud! I eagerly await the next installment in Supreme! Keep up the great work! Later!
The Writer with No Name chapter 4 . 12/19/2011
Hey, sorry for the delay! If there's one saying that suits Warren, it's "the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence." At first glance, one might say he has (or had) it all: looks, money, and superpowers, but he's living proof that those are double-edged, and your take on his character makes that all too clear, my friend. It's no wonder he takes to the skies to clear his head on a regular basis: it needs clearing. Between being groomed to head a multimillion-dollar corporation, getting shoved into adulthood by his mother's illness, and then his emerging mutation, Warren's got enough baggage for FIVE full airports. At least his mother was accepting of him, at the end; nice touch on where he got his codename! It's easy to see where his inspiration to become a hero came from, well as how he and Candy met; saving gorgeous damsels in distress: an unspoken perk of the superhero business! lol And talk about a coincidence: saving the daughter of your family's closest business-ally is nothing short of serendipity...or so Warren thought. Between his relationship with Candy and meeting the X-Men, things actually seemed alright for him...and then his and Candy's family hit him with that one-two sucker-punch. Talk about low. Even worse, Candy's reaction, or lack of one, should've been a red-flag; poor Warren found out about hindsight the hard way, didn't he? No wonder he's bitter. Still, what he said was true: all he can do is move forward. This chapter was definitely one of your angstier works, my friend, but all in all, it was still awesome! You've definitely captured Warren's essence masterfully, here! With only one chapter remaining, I'm both sad and excited to see it! Expect another review, this evening! Later!
Frozen-Marvel-83 chapter 5 . 12/10/2011
It's funny that Kitty said that Bobby's a lot less annoying to be around when he's making fart! I guess in that case of how he's been moping that would make a lot of sense. However, it's completely understandable to why he's acting the way he has been. It's not just that Lorna broke it off with him, it's the reason why. That doesn't sit well with him by far. The hot/cold puns were funny!

I definitely see where he's coming from with the "being overly serious" thing. Seriousness is important, but too much of it can be just plain out boring and, in my opinion, can cause a already horrible situation all that much worse. Humor seems to help to get past things better. In his case, he may be too humorous at times, but that's him. He certainly didn't have it that great growing up, so hardship really isn't new to him. Perhaps his problem is that his heart was broken, clearly. I mean, he really cared about Lorna. He was sure some character when he was a child with making up planet Chocolaton-Five and trying to gather up all of the chocolate ice! He probably did go too far when he ended up bumping the table and breaking dishes, still he was a kid then.

I can understand why he went to humor for pretty much everything. Some times the cold, hard truth just sucks and with humor and seems to make it easier to swallow. So, it's no wonder he's such a joker.

While he didn't get straight A's, he still did quite well. B's and C's aren't really all that bad. It's a bit shocking that he got A's in math! That was never the best subject for! I thought it was funny when he and his group painted their faces blue and said that they were! And when they put food coloring in the squirt guns was pretty good again! The thing he did with guessing the weight of students and teachers and all was interesting:) And kind of funny:) Especially when he had that one kid read the fine!

High school allowed him to find other students that shared his humor, which was somewhat good for him. However, his stunt didn't turn out too well. Falling in to ice, cold water isn't fun. I actually know from! But it was worse for him in some ways. His mutant powers manifested at that point. It sort of helped in the case that he wasn't going to end up with hypothermia, yet in other ways it was plain out terrible for him. Luckily shortly afterwards is when Charles Xavier steps in:) Most of the time that is a great help to new mutants:) Especially since he can wipe the minds of whoever saw him that day:) That's definitely a plus and probably gave Bobby such relief:)

It didn't seem like many of the X-Men, including Xavier, appreciated his pranks and! Of course Jean wouldn't give him a hard time; she's very tolerant of most things:) It may have taken him a while to earn his place with the X-Men, but at least he eventually did:) That's all that counts:)

It's still a shame that things didn't last for him and Lorna, but apparently it just wasn't meant to be. At least they don't hate one another. There was just so much coming between them. And they weren't really on the same page most of the time. So whether or not their breakup sucks, it had to happen. I'm glad that at the end of this he was finally able to start working through it and become himself again:) Cartoons are awesome! And they can surely help someone get out of a sad or troubling mood:) Even if only while watching them:)

This was yet another awesome entry and I've really enjoyed reading it! There were some interesting things that I didn't know about Bobby's past. It makes sense to why he became such a joker:) It's sad to see this come to an end, but now that it has I'm looking forward to find out what you have planned next for X-Men Supreme:) I can't wait! I will most definitely keep checking in for updates:) Well, for now, take care and best wishes:)
Radio Driver chapter 5 . 12/10/2011
Good goin, Marv. Keep on keepin on.
X00001 chapter 5 . 12/9/2011
Nice chapter i still think it was the wrong idea to have Bobby and Lorna break up, they were good together. I liked the history of Bobby in this chapter i was good to see what he got up too. I'm looking forward to reading Vol 3 of X-men Supreme, keep up the good work.
JDP95 chapter 5 . 12/9/2011
Again, amazing reflection! I love how you get inside the characters head. You can really see their side of the story, and it almost seems like they are real people. I can't wait for Volume 3! When's it coming out?
Harry2 chapter 5 . 12/9/2011
Well, I always knew that Drake could be the clown of the team, I just never realized what his life was like before he joined up with the X-Men. NOw, lets see if maybe he can find a relationship. Maybe him and Kitty if not with anyone else. As for Volume 3, I smell the forces behind the scenes making their move. Which could mean Sebasstion Shaw and the Hellfire Club!
Kopaka78 chapter 5 . 12/9/2011
This the main reason why I keep striving to create my stories on X-Men: Evolution. Too bad that this one was a bit shorter than your first "Supreme Reflections" story.

I definitely look forward to volume 3 of "X-Men Supreme" when it comes out. Keep it up and thanks for your support on the reborn "Ghost Factor"
51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »