Reviews for Wayward souls
whiters chapter 18 . 9/22/2012
So glad you updated! I like seeing the time being Spike and Angel, although it does concern me too. I'm interested to see what is next. UD soon!
ladymirth chapter 18 . 9/22/2012
Gah, these two are so cute! You've nailed their dynamic! It could be right out of Angel Season 5. I love how Spike always brings out the sadistic Angelus tendencies in Angel and how Spike immediately reverts to small fits of sociopathy in his presence, soul or not. It's so like a big sibling-small sibling dynamic that it's hysterical! *cuddles both vampires*

"You really think you're going to help Buffy by showing up out of the blue?" Spike asked. "The last thing the Slayer needs is to have her head spun right now. Which is exactly what seeing you will do to her. You'll knock her off kilter and she won't be able to think clearly. And though she may be one of the strongest people on the planet, Buffy's best weapon is that brain of hers. She's gonna need to keep her wits should Lagos get that Glove."

It occurs to me that Spike is essentially playing the role Angel did when Spike was resurrected in Angel S5 (only in a more active, nurse-maid way) - rationalizing all the reasons why Angel's return should be kept from Buffy for her own good. Spuffy fans always get up in arms about that ("Oh that is so typical of Angel! He always needs to control everything and treats Buffy like a child!") but I'm betting nobody takes issue with Spike doing the same thing. Ah, Spuffies and their double-standards.

"Angel was still trying to wrap his head around there being two Slayers–and two vampires with souls–now there were two Watchers? What was this, like some kind of Hellmouth-y Noah's Ark?"

LMAO!

I've always thought the reason Angel lorded it over Spike that Buffy could never love him the way she loved Angel was because he wasn't actually sure at all that Buffy didn't consider him replaceable Grand ToBe Love of Swelling Violins notwithstanding. On the show at least, Angel was right, methinks. They could never quite give themselves to other people; partly because for Angel, Buffy would always be the face of his salvation and Buffy was just too worn down by the world to love the way she did when she was a girl. And also because they both have each other up on these stupidly high pedestals.

The thing about Spike having a soul is that it finally gave him self-awareness to complement the uncanny perceptiveness he already possessed and that in itself was ironically heartbreaking because it finally, finally brought home to him that he was in love with a woman who could never love him back the way he wants her to.

Thank goodness that this is not canon, and it doesn't have to happen that way. Heh. Although I hope you do justice to the Bangel, if only because the Spuffy is never as good as when it has to genuinely compete against it. The only thing better than a push-pull, doomed-love angst-o-rama is a three-way push-pull, doomed-love angst-o-rama.

Can't wait for more of this!
Beth-TauriChick chapter 18 . 9/22/2012
Oops, apparently I wasn't logged in just now, that guest review was me :)
Guest chapter 18 . 9/22/2012
LOL! Angel watching Antiques Roadshow, ha! I loved this chapter. Really enjoyed the banter with Spike and Angel. Felt bad for Spike when he was having to lie to Buffy. And I think Angel shouldn't be counting his chickens before they hatch and just assume Buffy will pick things up with him :) Looking forward to more!
Jeremy Shane chapter 17 . 9/7/2012
Good Chapter & More Please
Nickeltaffy chapter 17 . 9/2/2012
I am really enjoying your story. You have a great grasp on the characters
cosmiclove chapter 17 . 8/31/2012
please update sooon, I love the last line of this chapter!
MMWillow13 chapter 17 . 8/29/2012
hhmmm things could get very complicated now although I think that Spike is the better choice for Buffy in this story. Angel needs to be the hero, while Spike is willing to be the wind supporting her, but letting her do the work.
themakeshifttardis chapter 17 . 8/29/2012
Yay, you updated! Loved it, though would have liked it more if Spike had asked her to the dance. Can't wait to see what you'll do next!
Beth-TauriChick chapter 17 . 8/28/2012
Well that was bad timing for Angel to come back! Poor Spike...he could've had a date to the homecoming dance :) This fic is brilliant! I am always in awe of writers who can write novel-length fiction so well. Your fics are pulling me back into the Buffyverse - I missed that! They should have had you do the novelizations based on the series. James Marsters is going to be at DragonCon in Atlanta this weekend (as am I!) so this is definitely the right time for me to get back into the Buffyverse. Now really, Spike, everyone knows it was Pacey who belonged with Joey :) I absolutely love this fic - very well-written and I can't wait for more!
Forever-Furuba chapter 17 . 8/27/2012
Aw, nobody's getting what they really want tonight.

Buffy's not stupid, so she's going to figure out that Spike's avoiding her ... the question becomes, will she conclude he doesn't like her anymore, or (more likely) will she work out he has feelings of the fuzzy nature for her and conclude that he's trying to resist temptation?

I predict she will sneak back to the mansion at some point, either to catch Spike off-guard or in an attempt to spy on him, and will find Angel. Likely she will see the two vampires in the worst possible moment, in the middle of a fight or something. She will then get mad at Spike for keeping Angel's return a secret from her ... but will she confront him directly, or just get all mad and huffy the next time they interact but not tell him why?

This story is fun to read. I eagerly anticipate the next chapter.
whiters chapter 17 . 8/27/2012
Great ud! I'm obviously really interested in the Spike/Buffy/Angel dynamic and can't wait to see what you do with it. Ud soon :)
shadow chapter 17 . 8/26/2012
love it please update soon
cavemenftw chapter 17 . 8/26/2012
Fantastic chapter. The tension and angst was a palpable thing, and I love the way you write younger Buffy. Adorable.

Im very interested also in the dynamic your going to use with Spike and Angel.
Guest chapter 17 . 8/26/2012
Really awesome story. I wish you would update more often. I want more goodness!
155 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »