Reviews for Chernobyl
Pokemaster chapter 1 . 7/13/2016
So There did you find Newtwo with pokemon go ? or not :c
scntlla chapter 1 . 1/6/2016
I love this so much. It's one of my favorite Elesa/Skyla fics out there! You have a very nice, haunting writing style. Keep it up!
harukkari chapter 1 . 6/14/2014
Oh my gosh, this was so spooky and amazing at the same time... I love creepy stories like this, and I especially like how you portrayed Elesa's rapidly deteriorating mental health, even though she doesn't even realize it herself. Wow. Thanks for writing :D
Blacksword 1 chapter 1 . 8/29/2013
So nimbasa city is dead shame good work I could feel the sadness and pain good choice for the title 45,000 people used to live there now a dying ghost town good work
Guest chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
Um. That was deep. I like how you based it real world events. Um so I need to clear up a few things to understand, but there's something I want to know. Chernobyl is a place, a place in Soviet Union (now Russia) to be precise. Its a disaster cause by men, and I wonder if the radiation in Nimbasa caused by man-kind? Or its natural? Actually I think I'll go for the disaster caused by man, cause that make sense (amd os what really happens). Ok, I like how Elesa imagined Sykla with her, the ferry wheel, ot must adds to the sadness. And I wonder if her Pokemon...is ..you know, dead or alive or was released back to nature or something. Just like how Elesa wondered how her Pokemon have been...eaten alive...by desperate citizen/human, or mutated PKMN? Either ways. I am slightly distributed. But like how Elesa is staying behind in a broken city, having nothing to do but lament the past.
Is there such thing as radiation rain? I dont really know, but I know there are acid rain XD so I assume the radiation have somehow converted to clouds, and it ultimately become droplets of rain..? Right?
I also like how you capture Elesa's insanity as well, so raw, so real.
crystalblue19 chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
Wow, that was amazing and sad.
Sakai Kamichi chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
I've been going through these stories of yours and reading through a few of them. They give me a very calm, closed-in feeling. This one is my favorite so far. I might find another that replaces it on its pedestal, but for now it is my favorite.

Elesa is a character that I've thought about, though not very deeply. I always viewed her as a reserved but friendly person, if that makes sense. Her modeling career made me feel uncomfortable. For what reason, I don't know.

This story altered how I saw Elesa by a lot. Her insanity, I don't know if it was brought on by the disaster or if it was there all along, but I find it very beautiful and lifelike.

The millions of people watching her, and Skyla. They are also very lifelike, imaginary as they are.

Elesa's dancing is my favorite. Dancing in the poison rain. Dancing everywhere while the flesh rots off her bones. Dancing over the locks of hair and skin that litter the ashy floor. The imagery overwhelmed me.

I think I would like to have a dream where I am just a lifeless corpse on the street, surrounded by the more still bodies, while black rain falls from a red sky. I would like to watch a lady to dance.
Fckingbananadildo chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
Love this. It really seems sad and desolate. Thanks for the story!
DarkraiDestroyer chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
WTF
Feriis Wheel Radiation
Its like Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 and the title is the place too
AnimeQueen1260 chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
I LOVE this story. I understood the story entirely, but I needed to find out what the word 'Chernobyl' meant to fully understand the story. And in my research, Chernobyl was actually a disaster, caused by a nuclear explosion. That's where the radiation poisoning would come from. But, overall, this is my #1 favorite horror story.
Screwdriver chapter 1 . 6/11/2012
Amazing!

Best story I have ever read. It was just...fantastic. Can't even describe it right. I loved anything and everything about it.
St. Elsewhere chapter 1 . 1/11/2012
I found the link for this while searching for the tag 'elesa' on tumblr. You pulled me in, and thankfully it's published on fanfiction, which is a website that I'm heavily involved in.

But enough about me, let's get onto the story.

My feelings are...mixed.

Your first line is brilliance. For such a simple sentence, it pulls me in. The first paragraph continues this. The line following, (the one that begins with "Elesa knows...") sees a dip in my enthusiasm. It seems slightly awkward.

The rest until your first pagebreak-thingie is fine, though I thought originally that the sky was still blue in your fic.

Moving onto the second section of text.

The opening line is macabre, and right up my alley. You continue with the beautiful-if horrifying-imagery right through. The last little bit I have a problem with though. You say (or Elesa does) that she knows someone's following, yet the final line confuses me. How do you mean, faceless? You say they're dead; are they following her (and us, the audience)? Or are they simply lying dead on the ground?

Moving on.

The next section is also quite interesting. I love that you paint her as someone that lives for the spotlight. It's not something I've really thought about her before (for some reason), and it's incredibly interesting.

"The Ferris wheel hasn't moved in almost a week." Excellent line, because it rounds the back to the start of the fic, and gives it a sense of cohesiveness. I love when something inconsequential is a repeating motif, whether it be in a movie, book, etc, and you've done that.

The introduction of Skyla. I have mixed feelings about that. But before that, this line "They were probably alive somewhere. Alive or eaten." Again fills me with curiosity and confusing. Eaten by /what/ exactly?

But, getting back to Skyla. I quite like that she's in the piece, and I like that she's part of Elesa's final days. But. It gives the story plot holes. How is she able to fly; where does she land? Is it just Nimbasa effected by this nuclear fallout? From your fic I get the sense it's the whole of the Unova region. If so, then how was she able to take off? Why hasn't she already been poisoned arriving in Nimbasa? Questions you never answer; but the writing's good enough for me to mostly ignore them.

["More alive?"

"More yourself."] ...is a lovely line.

"Pity she has neither now" seems callous, which doesn't really fit the tone of the piece, something altogether detached.

The rest of the fic I have no problem with. The dancing thing is beautiful, and the piles of skin around the Gym live up to the horror catagory you've placed the fic in.

The last line, I have mixed feelings about. Why I like it, first; it's real. And simple. Really, it's what I love about last lines.

However...

I can't help thinking about you should've put in something about the Ferris wheel again. Something like:

"She never does."

"In the distance, the Ferris Wheel shudders to a halt."

...Of course, it's not my fic. Merely a suggestion. :P

You probably are unsure about how I feel about the fic, but I suppose actions speak louder than words.

Favourited.

- Into
Elisafairy chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
That was amazing. So sad. :'( It usually takes a lot to impress me when it comes to fanfiction. Oh, and I love Meltdown. The music box version is so perfect for this.
Troid chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
I'm of two minds here.

I write like this on occasion, and I had thought I liked the style, but reading it here I'm not so sure. The detachedness, the dreamlike quality-I get it. I really do. But perhaps it's /too/ blasée.

Reading, I ended up stuck somewhere between "this is or isn't real, I can't tell; also slowly dying wheee" and "man, I really just don't care about this." To be blunt, it should be the former-I shouldn't get a sense from Elesa's detached style that you, the author, don't care about what you're writing.

But my musings are rather irrelevant, as I can't tell you what or how to write.

I liked it. It was well-written, and a very interesting thing in and of itself. I think its status as a "Skyla/Elesa fic" is dubious, but eh. Well done~

I do like the whole fate-already-sealed aspect, hmhmm...
Scholar of Emeralds chapter 1 . 11/23/2011
WOW!

Okay...this was written well, no doubt. Was this meant to detail the hardships of models and the horrors of anorexia? If so, excellent job! If not, still, good job! It pretty much freaked me out...