Reviews for Harry Potter vs Twilight
CurrentlyAnnoyed chapter 1 . 7/16
Oh, stop it, all of you! I love both books so far and I don't understand the arguments about which is better. You're all acting like fools, trying to prove your fandom is the best. Newsflash: They are barely the same. My parting words are "Both are great, but Percy Jackson is better!"
Cinnamon-Fudg3 chapter 1 . 5/11
twilight just proved to me that Underworld is one of the best movies for a vampire and werewolf romance, it also has more suspense.

However this is about HP and I have too say that number 29 kinda made me a bit grumpy I mean one of the things I loved was that Harry was normal he had flaws even when being portrayed as a "hero" he didn't want to be. My favorite part in OoTP was when he tried and failed in crusio'ing Bellatrix because he felt the rage and hatred of Sirius dying.

It was a flaw and torture is wrong( yes he was fifteen and emotional about losing his dogfather, it's true she was also the murder and many people would react the same) but at the same time I felt that it also answered that dumbass(sorry but it doesn't even deserve the whole "in dept" feeling crap) statement at 22. And why? because Harry tortured(while mildly because his hate and rage wasn't powerful enough) someone in the rage of losing Sirius.

And at 32... o chocolate fudge I mean really!?
At the age of even thinking of sex or masturbation(which really tends to go about ages with the male population them selfs) of say fifteen? well let's see oooh they had a teacher who was torturing the students with blood quils and had her little squad of peepers everywhere (not to mention them trying to learn in secret to defend themselves against a dark lord no one believed to be back).

16. Harry was on the run with his two best friends too murder five other pieces of a soul before going of too sacrifice himself for EVERYONE( another answer to 34. it so laughable when compared to "she risked her life many times to save someone she loved" ...sorry all she did was cut/hit/stab(?) herself with a fucking rock! one time and seriously the time with Aro...he could've had them all killed) so yes no intimate times but sure lets be all sniffing people is totally for intimate sex shit.

However when he finally had his fare share of sex and all that intimate shit not involving sniffing at Ginny he had a family and Bella...she didn't care for children before Nessie (even when Rose told her to think carefully and expressing about herself wanting children all of her UNDEAD LIFE) all she cared about was being too old for Edward.

...I probably said enough I didn't even think I was going to rant... oops loved it though I can't even see how someone can compare twilight to HP gave me a "WTF" moment when I saw it.
Hetalialover13 chapter 1 . 3/10
Are the majority of the people who attempted to provide completely unimportant, unusable, and illegitimate reasons that are easily proven wrong for why twilight is better also around the age of 6 and unable to properly spell words, use grammar, go through enough school to know propper punctuation, or when and when not to use capital letters? Because that is what it appears like to me. And they most likely gave these opinions on a computer or some other electronic, purposefully ignoring and refusing to use autocorrect...
CHERIOMONSTERDOG chapter 1 . 1/27
Ariana Peverell chapter 1 . 11/11/2015
Allie chapter 1 . 9/10/2015
I live in New Zealand. I have visited America 1 time and England a grand total of 0 times. I still think that England is better, because they don't think they're better than everybody else. I had nothing to read and my teacher had twilight (whhhhyyy?!) on her bookshelf so I asked to read it. My friends looked at me like I was a lunatic until I threw the book at a Twi-Hards face after three pages
Tabitha chapter 1 . 8/19/2015
OMG! Number 37! Same! Only two books I have ever cried because of, and also two of the books which I consider to be THE best ever. Unfortunately the fault in our stars gave my nightmares because of age. I do not get why this did but not one nightmare because of deathly hallows? How messed up is a Tweens brain?
seasaltsails chapter 1 . 8/4/2015
ahahahahahaha the reasons are soooo dumb ahahahahahaha and i just wanted to laugh at the pathetic attempts to win! oh boy. your answers, thoughh were perfect! very snarkyyy. oh i love you so much.
Yo chapter 1 . 8/2/2015
this is a masterpiece! I read the real article and I was FURIOUS after I finished reading. There were some very stupid reasons
Guest chapter 1 . 7/28/2015
This is four number 24, when the harry potter was written and then published it was set in the present day meaning that argument has no point behind it.
Rowling's Daughter chapter 1 . 5/31/2015
Who's reasons are try? The Twihard doesn't have logic, does she?
The Amber Author chapter 1 . 5/19/2015
Harry Potter is too hard for young children to read: I read the HP series when I was 12. All of it. I'm 13 now. This is an utter insult to my intelligence.

It's set in America: If being a Twilight fan means being a prejudiced jerk who can't spell or think, then thank you, I'll stick with my HP for now.

Again, people: READ THE BOOKS BEFORE YOU JUDGE. Harry Potter is an amazing, adventurous tale of fiction. It has nothing to do with religion- it's about LOVE. I'm religious- take it from me. Harry Potter does not attack any religion and does not imply or indicate to real witchcraft or wizardry. Real witchcraft needs no wand.

Oh, Meyer did her research did she? For Forks, you said. So there is an ACTUAL place called Forks where vampires live? Look- sorry to disappoint, there is no real wizardry school known to the world that Jo can research about. So she did what every sane person would do- she made her own up.

Research is this:

Alohomora, the opening charm. In a language (I don't remember which) it literally means 'Theif Friendly'.
Expecto Patronum, the incantation for the dementor-repelling charm, means 'I await my guardian' in Latin. These two are not the only examples.

Severus, as in Severus Snape's first name, means 'stern' in Latin. Rowling weaves her lot and hides so many give aways and seemingly coincidental facts in her HP novels.

For example, 'Albus Severus Potter', Harry's son, was afraid of being sorted into Slytherin House at Hogwarts. Slytherin's symbol is a snake.
A.S.P. Asp. And asp is a kind of snake.

People, grow up and read Harry Potter. Rob Pattinson makes a better Cedric Diggory than an Edward Cullen- he himself confirmed this.

Now I'm going to bury myself in fantasy novels that are actually WORTH a read.

(P.S, thanks so much for this!)
Guest chapter 1 . 4/14/2015
I live in america and I have ALWAYS(hehe) wanted to go to Britain.
Jalen chapter 1 . 2/11/2015
Im a bit offended, I'm Mormon
Guest chapter 1 . 1/12/2015
Along with with being a ginormous, virginal, nerdy Harry Potter fan I had also loved Twilight to some extent. The forbidden romance was appealing for awhile; however, Twilight started losing its great appeal as I got older. Eternity sounds great, but I couldnt sacrfice my family for one guy. And Bella sounded so selfish by putting everybody in danger only for her to live forever young with Edward. And imprinting! It ruined Leah Clearwater's life and SM never really scratched the surface of Leah's story. As you said, this story had so much potential. I loved hearing more about the life stories of the vampires than Bella's depressing life. And what kind of role model is she to young girls? When I was 13, reading Twilight, I wanted nothing more than to be in her shoes. But the older I got the more I realized I didn't want to be a Bella! I wanted be a Hermione. A Ginny. A Luna. ALL WRAPPED IN ONE. I just don't get how any Twi-hard could truly try and compare Twilight to something as beautifully written as Harry Potter.