Reviews for A Very Modern Arrangement
Aurowanfinn chapter 32 . 7/12
I'm intrigued by the direction of this story. Please update.
Great story and characterisation! The development of MM's relationship is very well and cleverly done, showing their growing trust, and openness. Whatever you have planned for this story I will enjoy reading it, so please please continue!
Hi Kavan! I hope all is well with you. I hope you may be planning to update before long? I'm itching to know what those surprises are, that you teased us about for the next chapter! :-) :-) Looking forward to more of your fantastic writing and plot. Thank you very much!
One of my favourite stories! Can't wait to see how you will resolve things regarding Carlyle, Patrick and Lavinia, and with Matthew's injuries. I don't really see why anyone would feel any sympathy with Lavinia at this stage. Could someone please be brutally honest with her and tell her that Matthew doesn't want her, Mary or no Mary?
This is one of my favourite stories so I am really hoping you intend to continue. Particularly curious to see what happens with Matthew's injuries, and with Patrick. Have a vague suspicion that all is not what it seems...
Camilla10 chapter 32 . 2/16
Oh please, update.
jmu chapter 32 . 12/19/2015
Interesting developments. Why is Matthew so focused on the Duke? The guy had recently married a rich woman, so wouldn't his influx of money be normal? I wonder if the Duke is tied at all to that business project that Carslile wanted Matthew to review? My instinct is that Patrick really IS Patrick Crawley. He seems to be genuinely in love with Sybil. But in an earlier chapter there seemed to be definite vibes between he and the Duke. Perhaps he's bisexual.? I'm afraid that you may be intending that Edith die in childbirth, since you're bringing in Sir Philip Thingy... but I sincerely hope you'll change your mind! I so want Edith to live, and experience some happiness too! She'd make such a warm and loving parent. Anyway... thanks as always for your wonderful writing! And happy holidays!
lilyrowan1 chapter 32 . 12/6/2015
So excited to read this update! Wonderful chapter-so much going on, so many questions! What is Matthew going to find out about the Duke? It was nice having Edith be his co-conspirator. I love how you express Mary's taking every story, no matter how small, as part of the map into Matthew's past-that he has turned her into a cartographer. Great conversations throughout. It seems as if Patrick and Edith have changed places, with Patrick the one concerned that they are drifting further apart. And yet, here comes Sybil . . .
AmeriGirlTN chapter 32 . 11/26/2015
After rereading some of the last few chapters, I've decided that Matthew must recover somewhat so he and Mary can enjoy "all sort of things". lol
salzburg chapter 32 . 11/25/2015
You are a masterful storyteller. I have to go back and start from the beginning again. I don't want to miss any of the clues. The M/M relationship is fascinating. Thanks!
Downton.fangirl chapter 32 . 11/27/2015
I have missed this story! I'm so glad you updated! Mary and Matthew seem to be getting cozier! YAYY! I really want something to happen with them, another turning point and confessing of love. I can't wait! Patrick and Sybil kill me, tears at my heart. I love it. So excited for this story!
Guest chapter 32 . 11/24/2015
Very happy that you are back to this. I also like that Matthew and Edith are in cahoots. So what happened betwen Edith and Patrick? She seems a lot more distant but that kind of seems to be worrying him. Maybe I'm ok with Edith having the heir. One less thing for Mary and Matthew to worry about. She's being kind of mean and I would think that will only get worse when she realizes there was a plot and she wasn't invited?
Guest chapter 32 . 11/24/2015
So happy you update !
I didn't even read the chapter yet just but love it allredy
ameliapemerson chapter 32 . 11/25/2015
Love all this plotting and interplay with the characters. And mixing things up! Edith! You're great with dialogue in particular. Excellent! I do wish we had more of canon MM exploring each other's past.
Guest chapter 32 . 11/23/2015
I actually gasped when I saw this update. I love this writing is wonderful as well as the plot. I love this slow burn between Mary and Matthew. I love how close they have become, how Lavinia is lurking and I am wondering if Matthew is going to recover. Thank you!