Reviews for A Very Modern Arrangement
Apollo888 chapter 31 . 48m
Long overdue but well worth the wait! I really enjoyed confident and flirty Matthew, coming out of his shell and embracing both his life and his wife. Mary's encounter with Sir Richard was regrettable, but intriguing and I am looking forward to how Matthew and Mary will fight against his schemes together. Well done.
Willa Dedalus chapter 31 . 1h
A very well rounded chapter. I appreciate all the interactions between the characters. I loved the way Isobel's struggle with patience is addressed and her blunt declarations with Mary. They do emboldened each other oddly enough. And Matthew with his father's ways, a club across town! A modern vibrant club. Oh yes the sunshine and flying golf balls while chatting with Sybil was charming. I would love to see him playing croquet! I see playful competition between him and Mary! Speaking of which the chapter ending was perfect. Perfectly cruel!
ZoeyBridget chapter 31 . 2h
So pleased to see this update - it was a pleasure to read as always. I hope you update again soon...this is a great and compelling story, beautifully written!
circa1910 chapter 31 . 2h
Always worth the wait. This is lovely. Each is trying to better themselves by applying intelligence, concentration and dedication to professions and good works. Each admits to having had difficulties attaining levels of proficiency and ease. Admitting it to each other seems to be the "lesson" for the day. Cheers to all the hard-working and dedicated Crawleys. So they are faced with challenges, distractions and annoyances: disability, smells that threaten to overcome one in the hospital and the big pests, Lavinia and Richard. I enjoyed that late afternoon glass of wine in the garden. Regardless of how many steps it takes, I will be be so glad when they get there.
lilyrowan1 chapter 31 . 2h
I was so happy to see that you had updated AVMA! I love how you continue to weave so many threads to make your story. Beautiful scene between Sybil and Matthew at the club. "So very, very much." That just did me in. Ugh, Sir Richard. And Lavinia. That final scene between Mary and Matthew was perfect, and I hope you continue soon!
jmu chapter 30 . 7/1
Sigh. I can't express how much I love this brilliant, multi-layered, romantic story! Dying for an update, and I hope you'll be able to write one before too long! To hopefully pick up RIGHT AFTER the last paragraph of this chapter! :) :) :) Thank you Kavan.
MMarieRose chapter 30 . 6/29
Really looking forward to you updating this! So much good intrigue and character and relationship development... please hope you can continue it as it's one of the best and most compelling MM fics probably because of the layering you've got in here..
Hello, I am eager to read !
This an excellent fic really looking forward to where you take it next..
AmeriGirlTN chapter 30 . 4/13
Really hate to be such a pest, but there are so many story arcs on which I have questions.
Like is Matthew still having spasms in his legs? Will he recover at least partially so he and Mary could have children? Will Patrick live or will something Edith so that Mary and Matthew raise their daughter?
What will happen in the Lavinia/Cora story arc? Will Robert be mad enough at Cora to leave her and have an affair with Jane?

So many questions. Plesse say you'll update this delightful story soon. Pretty please?
AmeriGirlTN chapter 30 . 3/1
Kavan, have you realized that there have been 23 reviews for your latest chapter? If you had any doubts about how loved AVMA is, the massive number of reviews should definitely put those fears to rest. It's so well done and so many of us are looking forward to seeing what you have planned next. Thanks for continuing.
This has been quite the journey, an enjoyable one, but a journey of twists and turns.

So, what do you plan to do with Mary? Will she take over the running of the charity from Sarah? Maybe even become a barrister, but I'm not sure she'd be up for the schooling required. The only thing that comes to mind is politics. Not sure of English history, but were women aloud in parliament in 1920?

Whatever it is, I'm along for the journey. Looking forward to future updates to see where you take this wonderful story. Thanks.
eyeon chapter 29 . 3/1
The contents! I want to know more about the contents! I feel like this story has been missing for a long time (but I enjoyed the re-read). Glad you are back and the story is progressing! You have so many subplots spinning that I'm really intrigued by, like Patrick's issues/motivations, the Dr. and Sybil?, the Carlisle business, and will Matthew recover in this reality, just to name a few.
They kised! Finlay ! you don't reilze how happy you maes me :) maby more happy then Mattew and Mary this chepter is prefrctsion
All the plots fit in and combien / preller to create rich and coplicted story and you make it look so nuterl one can forgert thet halfe of them are OC
And i love all the tesing for the futher ,
Can't wait till next cahpter however long it may take
A kiss, finally a kiss. You must start the next chapter ithe morning after. Loving this. Thanks for continuing.