Reviews for The Hill Toppers Affair
MLaw chapter 9 . 11/27/2011
Wonderfully 'explosive' chapter and the ending...weaving it, Napoleon's charms and Illya's appetite into local legend was a clever conclusion. As always, your stories are beautifully written; the setting dialect and customs were so authentic! Thanks for a great read.
RoseLight chapter 9 . 11/26/2011
"Some days were more perplexing than others". I can just imagine IK muttering this line in his dry that Heather's instincts garner appropriate acclaim. And the conclusion is fabulous, as The Men are woven into local folklore...
jkkitty1 chapter 9 . 11/25/2011
Emjoyable ending and folklore. The hill folks sure to protect each other.
MLaw chapter 8 . 11/20/2011
Loved the physics jargon, sounded well researched. And Dr. Egret,,,eek! Eagerly awaiting the next installment!
RoseLight chapter 8 . 11/20/2011
What a tingly image...IK's fingers "grazing"...anything...Love the notion of drunken physicists' debating. And you had Readers so caught up with the Egret escapade, I nearly forgot there's another danger lurking.
RoseLight chapter 7 . 11/15/2011
Really nice nod to IK's duality: he does have natural bodily instincts, but he has disciplined his mind to harness that skittish energy. Ah, the Solo Luck comes to the rescue again. Duane as the Cheshire Cat-"devilish and crazed" and apparently the only feline immune to our Russian's charms. Some folks say IK has no feelings-Hmf! he even regrets shooting a Robot! And that perfect line "As of today, that plan was cancelled." So cooool, so nonchalant, yet soo definite and authoritative. Now, just have to wait to discover the secret of the gleam in IK's eye...
RoseLight chapter 6 . 11/15/2011
Poetic description of fresh mountain air (like the snap of apple when bitten)that rings so true to experience I feel transported. Nice point about the arrogance and predictability of THRUSH (it's never The Smith Corp., is it?) With IK's more internationalist background, he sees a broader picture, in terms of economics and morality. And that singular creation of the Guard-as-Genie-priceless.
m klindt chapter 7 . 11/15/2011
I'm waiting with anticipation to see where this is going. Great job. Michelle
jkkitty1 chapter 7 . 11/14/2011
Laugh at the thought of Illya and "his" uniform. Seems like someone is giving the bad guys a head up-hmmmmm.

Can't wait to see where this is going.
MLaw chapter 7 . 11/14/2011
Exciting chapter and really liked the confrontation with Duane. And the end, the robot and cliff hanger on Illya's words :"In don't know where to begin." was perfect drama.
MLaw chapter 6 . 11/8/2011
Love how you're painting the growing obsessiveness of Shields. He's a very interesting OC and like how you're building his anticipation. Also liked how you wrote the bribe scene with Duane at the end of the chapter, very cleverly worded.
RoseLight chapter 5 . 11/4/2011
What a lovely phrase "..the softly cadenced..." creek; I swear I can hear it from my window. The rustic cafe breakfast scene is very realistic-as is IK's contentment following a hearty KY mountain meal. Sheilds remains a shadow, but for his ambition which is sharp as a blade and as dangerous.
MLaw chapter 5 . 10/31/2011
Loved the description of Napoleon's 'dreamy countenance," and his image of "Heather Mc Nabb smothered in gravy was priceless!" In fact all of the food references were wonderful, some making me hungry for breakfast, so I think I'll have to eat now ya'll...Mmm-mmm, biscuits and gravy.
Avery1 chapter 5 . 10/30/2011
Okay, now I'm totally hungry. I'll have the biscuits and gravy, with a side of Illya...

This story has a really smooth sense of flow. I'm starting(!) to get a bad feeling about Shields, though...
Avery1 chapter 4 . 10/30/2011
Lovin' Margie. She's perfect, just the right amount of ingenuousness and Southern hospitality.